Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2021 1:37:21 AM EDT
Yes, lame. My lunch break is one of the few time of serenity I have and feed a few crumbs to the local birds (not pigeons, starlings, house sparrows). Saw a new one today. Surprise area. Again: Lame to most but the birds don't care about politics. Stock photo

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:38:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Double tap. Delete.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:57:36 AM EDT
[#2]
What a coincidence.
I was in my front yard yesterday afternoon and there was something digging around furiously under one of the trees.
At first I thought it was a Cactus Wren, but when I got a good look at it, I had no idea what it was.
So now I know it was a curve-billed Thrasher.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:26:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I see them up here in Desert Hills from time to time.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:49:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Are they rare?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:22:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I have two that love my backyard.

They dig the crap out of it though..
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:53:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know about those, but a couple of months ago the 20 year old Cedar tree in my back yard was absolutely filled with Phainopepla birds.
I have never seen those here before - very fun to watch.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:41:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are they rare?
View Quote

Not at all. I'm not much of a bird watcher, just thought it was neat. Hadn't seen them before where I eat lunch.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not at all. I'm not much of a bird watcher, just thought it was neat. Hadn't seen them before where I eat lunch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are they rare?

Thanks.  I will keep an eye out for them.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:56:00 PM EDT
[#9]
We get a few of them a year....lately it's been owls and hawks, but most interesting is Mr. and Mrs. Cardinal!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top