Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2022 5:07:15 PM EDT
State Representative Savannah Maddox has promised a "big announcement" for Monday, June 6. What can it be? I will not speculate, but just remember that June 6th is D-day. My guess is that it will be BIG. If you are not familiar with Rep. Maddox and the issues she considers important, you can see her website at https://www.maddoxforky.com/ . She also has a very active Facebook page.
Her announcement will be in person at:  Little Britain Carriage House, 5307 Idelwild Road, Burlington, Ky.  41005. You can register for free tickets here, while they last: http://maddoxforky.com/june6
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 9:37:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Announcing her intent to become our second female governor?
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd vote for her no problem.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:47:59 PM EDT
[#3]
From what I've seen the Liberty Movement only accounts for about 20% of Republicans. The establishment swamp is looking to run 2 different candidates, Ryan Quarles and our Attorney General Daniel Cameron.  Apparently Beshear is suing to keep Cameron off the ballot because Cameron has lawsuits against Beshear.  Never mind the fact that Beshear had dozens of lawsuits against Bevin when he ran.  

I would like to see Savannah as Governor.  With the establishment running their swamp and have actively opposed Savannah's legislation, she has a tough road ahead as the swamp will threaten to black list any donor that supports Savannah.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 10:28:50 AM EDT
[#4]
The website is officially out there.  https://www.savannahforgovernor.com/
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 10:41:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Hard choice between her and Cameron.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:53:47 AM EDT
[#6]
...aaaand predictably she came out in a ball of fire.  No 11th commandment for her.  She's going scorched earth on her GOP opponents.  This is going to be a fun 11 months.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ll vote for her. I’d vote for Cameron too. Tuff one. Maddox seems a little more on fire.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll vote for her. I'd vote for Cameron too. Tuff one. Maddox seems a little more on fire.
View Quote

She will need all the fire she can muster.  Mitch McConnell has been mentoring Cameron since he was in high school.  Cameron will have access to all of his connections.  We also know the GOP establishment hated Rand Paul when he first ran.  I still remember the robo-call I received from Dick Cheney telling me to vote for Rand's opponent, a former Democrat and Bill Clinton campaign member, in that first primary. That is how much the GOP establishment hates the liberty movement types.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 8:29:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I’ll vote for her. I’d vote for Cameron too. Tuff one. Maddox seems a little more on fire.
View Quote

Daniel has a real shot at replacing Mitch... that's the lane he should stay in.  If a few more contestants show up... Maddox will own it for governor.  The Liberty movement votes.  That has been proven.

She's got quite the battle ahead of her.  Her colleagues in the GA mostly despise her.  I'm excited for the shit show that is forthcoming... scorched earth.  Governor Maddox has a nice ring to it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Daniel has a real shot at replacing Mitch... that's the lane he should stay in.  If a few more contestants show up... Maddox will own it for governor.  The Liberty movement votes.  That has been proven.

She's got quite the battle ahead of her.  Her colleagues in the GA mostly despise her.  I'm excited for the shit show that is forthcoming... scorched earth.  Governor Maddox has a nice ring to it.
View Quote

Thomas Massie needs to replace turtle man
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would LOVE to see Massie on a statewide ballot!!!  I’ve seen any indications that was a possibility though.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#12]
As far as Cameron vs Maddox...both would be solid candidates.

Personally, I like track record. Daniel has sued Beshear every way he can and been one of the few voices in Kentucky doing actual work to oppose Beshear. He has an all-star legal team in the AG's office in a way that folks like Maddox don't have. It's one thing to say the right things, it's another to have the administrative capacity, network, and skills to actually do the right thing. He's taken Beshear's allies all the way to SCOTUS...and won. And won 8-1 at that.

He may not project the fire-breather image that someone like Maddox cultivates, but he's put in the work and proved himself in ways that many of his primary opponents have not (yes, I know legislators are limited in what they can actually accomplish). Bottom line, I don't think any thinking voter can write off Daniel Cameron as from the "establishment swamp." He makes friends in high places when he can, yes, like any good networker. But he's his own man.

This will be an interesting primary.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 9:16:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
As far as Cameron vs Maddox...both would be solid candidates.

Personally, I like track record. Daniel has sued Beshear every way he can and been one of the few voices in Kentucky doing actual work to oppose Beshear. He has an all-star legal team in the AG's office in a way that folks like Maddox don't have. It's one thing to say the right things, it's another to have the administrative capacity, network, and skills to actually do the right thing. He's taken Beshear's allies all the way to SCOTUS...and won. And won 8-1 at that.

He may not project the fire-breather image that someone like Maddox cultivates, but he's put in the work and proved himself in ways that many of his primary opponents have not (yes, I know legislators are limited in what they can actually accomplish). Bottom line, I don't think any thinking voter can write off Daniel Cameron as from the "establishment swamp." He makes friends in high places when he can, yes, like any good networker. But he's his own man.

This will be an interesting primary.
View Quote

I would vote for either.  Cameron would most likely have more support from the legislature in addition to the items listed above.  The Legislature is the true power in this state and if you do not have them behind you as Governor you will accomplish very little legislative wise.  

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 8:34:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I would vote for either.  Cameron would most likely have more support from the legislature in addition to the items listed above.  The Legislature is the true power in this state and if you do not have them behind you as Governor you will accomplish very little legislative wise.  

View Quote

I would have to agree here. I have seen many people skeptical of Cameron because he has the support of McConnell and much of the establishment, but I think we have some good pointers that he is more conservative than Mitch and more in line with Trump on most issues. Cameron has rallied with Trump in the past and Trump has now endorsed Cameron. He's always praised Cameron and I think they have a good relationship. Cameron is also, frankly, the more electable candidate. He has the support of the broad GOP base, and he could also grab plenty of moderates and swing voters. He is far more difficult to call a racist, and the GOP could leverage the possibility of electing the first black man as governor and him being a big-time conservative. He fights for the unborn and hasn't shown any hostility to the 2A to my knowledge, so I feel pretty good about him myself. Maddox is great, I don't want anyone to get the impression I am saying otherwise. Just making the case for why Cameron is probably a pretty good candidate.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 11:46:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hope you have some time to wait for that. Senator McConnell's current term isn't up until Jan. 2026. Of course he is not a young man, so anything can happen.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 11:54:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Double tap
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 12:02:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
hasn't shown any hostility to the 2A
View Quote

That's not good enough for me. In fact I'm sick of politician that think "not showing any hostility to 2A" is good enough to get my vote. I want to see some positive action and Cameron has the office to give some if he wanted to. So far, I haven't seen any. You don't have to guess where Savannah Maddox stands on 2A..
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 12:25:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I have seen many people skeptical of Cameron because he has the support of McConnell and much of the establishment
View Quote

I have seen enough of the insides of politics to know that people don't get appointed/recommended unless they have shown loyalty to the people that helped them.  Also politicians will adopt positions that help get them re-elected, which is why Republicans that border Louisville are more anti-gun than some Democrats.  Cameron has more than just support from McConnell.  It was McConnell who mentored him through college, gave him an internship, and hired him to work for him.  Basically his entire adult life he has been working with/for McConnell and the establishment.  That loyalty gets him a lot of support.  

I think any of the three Quarles, Maddox, and Cameron would make for a good Governor and I would vote for any of them in the General.  As for the primary, understanding who helped a politician get to where they are is important.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I have seen enough of the insides of politics to know that people don't get appointed/recommended unless they have shown loyalty to the people that helped them.  Also politicians will adopt positions that help get them re-elected, which is why Republicans that border Louisville are more anti-gun than some Democrats.  Cameron has more than just support from McConnell.  It was McConnell who mentored him through college, gave him an internship, and hired him to work for him.  Basically his entire adult life he has been working with/for McConnell and the establishment.  That loyalty gets him a lot of support.  

I think any of the three Quarles, Maddox, and Cameron would make for a good Governor and I would vote for any of them in the General.  As for the primary, understanding who helped a politician get to where they are is important.
View Quote

Very well stated SWIRE, I agree.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Keep an eye out for Kelly Craft as well.  For either Gov or possibly to replace Mitch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top