Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 8/7/2023 3:09:21 PM EDT
I use BTWI out of Perry for the last 5 or 6 years and we have been having terrible internet connection all last week into today. Never had connection issues before like this.

I called their engineer this am about the service issues and he said there was connection problems because of some Government satellite signals that have been transmitted and it has already caused two of their boxes(I forgot what kind of boxes he said) to fry and that Government transmittions have priority and they are trying to get everything fixed.

Has anyone heard of something like that happening before and/or does anyone know of something that might be going on?

We do have quite a few helicopters from Boone that fly over us on the regular so I'm curious on if something going on with them could be effecting it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Helicopters have been flying out of Boone for decades.  Can't imagine they're doing anything new.  That explanation has a whiff of bull shit about it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 4:32:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Helicopters have been flying out of Boone for decades.  Can't imagine they're doing anything new.  That explanation has a whiff of bull shit about it.
View Quote

Yeah, there has been a noticable uptick recently, chinooks and blackhawks. Could be their AT though.
The explanation sounded odd, that's the reason for the post. Was more curious on if that is a common occurrence with satellite transmissions.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top