Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2023 8:56:03 AM EDT
Anybody in central Ohio have a safe mover they have used or know of and trust?

Can't wait to see the bill on this.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Look up Pete's safe moving as I've used them twice in that area. Best money I've ever spent by a mile. I got in touch with him through Vances in Columbus when I got my safe and he has moved it since. My father and uncle have also used him. Nice, good person.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 4:36:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you so much!
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope Pete is still kickin’ and doing well.  I used him for a move 25 years ago!
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Tipp city?
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I've used Pete twice in the list 10 yes in SW OH. He's moved to instructing his muscle around the last time I used him.  Top notch in my dealings.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CavVet:
Tipp city?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2023 7:25:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I've used Pete twice in the past 7 years. Great guy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 9:32:49 PM EDT
[#8]
All my sons and Leaders have moved mine and would recomend
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Glad to hear Pete is still around, used him almost 20 years ago IIRC.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 4:54:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I called Pete in tipp city. He is still doing things, but does not do central Ohio

He referred me to this guy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#11]
There’s a safe manufacturer in Westerville; maybe they can recommend someone?
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 4:13:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By spmx7777:
There's a safe manufacturer in Westerville; maybe they can recommend someone?
View Quote

I found a mover, maybe they can sell some factory seconds!

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:08:47 AM EDT
[#13]
I called Pete in tipp city. He is still doing things, but does not do central Ohio

View Quote

Good people. I used them once.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 12:08:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Pete is still doing it. I’ve used him three times in the past 5 years.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 7:42:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Could try McIntosh Safe company in Dayton. Used them 2x in 10 years to do an in-town move of a safe with stairs on both ends and it was only a few hundred dollars. They may do a move close to Columbus.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:33:18 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Walters showed up on time, very professional, had two safes taken out of storage, driven to house and put in basement in under an hour. Once they picked up all their runners, the only way you would know they were there is if you saw them.

Very good guys, very good service, fair price.

Highly recommend Walters deliver service!
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 7:49:10 PM EDT
[#17]
How much does it cost to typically move these things?  We have been thinking about moving, but I cant deal with the safes anymore, especially with the stairs.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 8:21:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I sent him an email with detailed description of the move. He asked for pics of the safe and gave me a quote.

Link Posted: 11/5/2023 8:29:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Not central OH but I wanted to pass the word.

I recently had a safe moved nto my house. I used McIntosh Safe Corp Handy link to McIntosh Safe Corp

Excellent service. Very professional and careful. It was great to meet someone that takes pride in their work.

Attachment Attached File

I used equipment isolators under the safe. They are rated for 50 psi so 800 lbs each.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 2:17:38 PM EDT
[#20]
This is going to come up over and over as good conservatives move here.

Maybe a tack?
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 6:22:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Walters showed up on time, very professional, had two safes taken out of storage, driven to house and put in basement in under an hour. Once they picked up all their runners, the only way you would know they were there is if you saw them.

Very good guys, very good service, fair price.

Highly recommend Walters deliver service!
View Quote

@CavVet

Thanks for the follow up on this one. First I heard of them and I am in the Northwest corner of their operating area.

Link Posted: 11/8/2023 9:24:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By SteveOak:
Not central OH but I wanted to pass the word.

I recently had a safe moved nto my house. I used McIntosh Safe Corp Handy link to McIntosh Safe Corp

Excellent service. Very professional and careful. It was great to meet someone that takes pride in their work.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/415919/Liberty_Presidential_25_jpg-3016454.JPG

I used equipment isolators under the safe. They are rated for 50 psi so 800 lbs each.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/415919/Diversitech_isolator_jpg-3016456.JPG
View Quote

Friend that owns LGS recommended McIntosh when I was looking to buy a safe.
Mom and Pop type company, I bought a Liberty Fat boy from them.
The delivery and install was awesome. He leveled the safe and bolted it to my concrete floor.

Buddy lost combo on his safe so I recommended McIntosh, he was able to get it open pretty easily.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 10:38:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AR_Dale:

Friend that owns LGS recommended McIntosh when I was looking to buy a safe.
Mom and Pop type company, I bought a Liberty Fat boy from them.
The delivery and install was awesome. He leveled the safe and bolted it to my concrete floor.

Buddy lost combo on his safe so I recommended McIntosh, he was able to get it open pretty easily.
View Quote

He could have just called the cops. Liberty will give the master combo to them without a warrant
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 11:06:17 AM EDT
[#24]

Buddies safe was not a Liberty.

McIntosh put a different lock on my Liberty before delivery so Liberty can't provide mine.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top