Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2020 9:06:20 AM EDT
I knew Alabama football was full of thugs, but I never guessed the coach would support blm. Since it is a religion down here, I don't expect the alumni or fans to do anything but keep sending money.

Saban Supports blm...
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 12:35:32 PM EDT
[#1]
It will be interesting to see if that has an impact on alumni support.

Although I'm an alumnus of the "other" main college, I have numerous friends and family that root for the Tide. However, practically every one of them is appalled by this move by UA Athletics.

Like me, they have no qualms with equal justice for everyone under the law, regardless of color, creed, religion, etc., but we agree that it is a sad day that the University has been duped by the BLM Marxist organization's takeover of this "justice".

Sadly, I'm sure other state institutions of "higher" learning will soon follow. They have to be "cool" like everyone else in supporting the recent "feel-good" movement.

Of course, this is also necessary so that they can be appealing for the continued recruitment of high-profile minority athletes. JMHO, YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 1:18:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think it will go over well.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 4:37:14 PM EDT
[#3]
If he didn't get the support of all of the Alumni first then he could be looking for a new job.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 4:53:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Apparently, some backlash has occurred, and Nick's daughter and some players have a "so what' attitude in response:

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2020/09/day-after-march-alabama-football-continues-to-promote-black-lives-matter-message.html

Time to get some popcorn I guess.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Yall are reading too much into this. A vast majority of his players are minorities and he is doing what he feels is best for the team. And for what it's worth the football team isn't full of "thugs". I am not the biggest fan of the BLM group but just because they are marching for black lives does not mean they are part of that organization.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 8:43:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Our tax dollars at work.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 9:26:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yall are reading too much into this. A vast majority of his players are minorities and he is doing what he feels is best for the team. And for what it's worth the football team isn't full of "thugs". I am not the biggest fan of the BLM group but just because they are marching for black lives does not mean they are part of that organization.
View Quote

Yeah and turning off the fan base will hurt them the most.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 11:23:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh well Saban loses the walmart fans. Not that big of a loss. If fans can't understand the bigger picture here then thats on them. They want to leave because Saban walked with his players and did the right thing then thats on them. Trust me, I think BLM is going out things all wrong. They have the right idea but wrong execution. I say this as a current student at UA, what Nick Saban did was the right thing to do.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:22:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Commie cunt like most at universities.   He can fuck right off as can his supporters.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:36:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Oh well Saban loses the walmart fans. Not that big of a loss. If fans can't understand the bigger picture here then thats on them. They want to leave because Saban walked with his players and did the right thing then thats on them. Trust me, I think BLM is going out things all wrong. They have the right idea but wrong execution. I say this as a current student at UA, what Nick Saban did was the right thing to do.
View Quote

That is not a very well thought out response... the vast majority of UA fans have never graduated from the institution, neither have they wished ill nor discriminated against the players or the university based on the race of its athletes. Truth be told, the overwhelming majority do not even care about race. However, they do through their tax dollars as well as purchasing of merchandise and tickets, generate a great deal of revenue for the University. So for you to   dismiss them offhandedly as the "Walmart" fans and with a good riddance attitude... is a very conditioned and childish response.

As far as doing the right thing.... history has shown many times over that certain athletes, especially football players, have received special privileges and favors, from the police, when they should have been arrested. So, for the average fan, who loves Alabama football, I do not feel as though they need a lecture from some of the most privileged student athletes in America.

Are people mistreated in this country... yes, no question. However it is not limited to only one race. This whole BLM farce that is plaguing our country right now, is nothing more than a means to cause more division and more hate. Sadly, many people who should be acting as responsible adults have been sucked into its wake and are supporting it. I guess Dr. King was wrong when he thought that character mattered more than color....
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 1:57:52 AM EDT
[#11]
My Walmart fan response was more in response to the first guy who posted this calling them thugs. If that is what you think of the football players here at UA and you’re going to cry about Saban marching with them then there is no place in this fan base for you. I agree there are times when players beyond get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to certain things yes. They aren’t marching just for themselves, they are marching for the betterment of the African American race and to bring attention to the unnecessary shootings of POC in America. Like I said before, I don’t agree with many things that BLM stands for and have done during their “protesters” but, this is them making sure that their voices are heard.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 4:21:06 AM EDT
[#12]
@crimsonraider23

I would encourage you to read my post once again. I never once referred to the young men as anything other than football players, or student athletes. I never once cried about Saban. I simply find it sad that this is what dialogue in our society has devolved into... finger pointing, and broad generalizations about people in which we do not know personally.

You, sir or ma'am, referred in a derogatory fashion to a large portion of the fanbase. That was no different than what the OP said about the young men who make up the team. Perhaps his comments frustrated you or made you angry, and that prompted you to make the comment. However, you should not have let him drag you down to his level.

Am I disappointed that the team marched under the BLM banner...? - yes. Why? - Because they have such a huge fanbase of people from all walks of lives and ethnicities, that love and would support them almost universally, if they had come out independently, and with a positive agenda for change, rather than ride the coattails of a movement that has been plagued with violence and calls for more.

The problem begins, when people come out and attack others based upon nothing other than incidental circumstances... None of us have any control over who our parents are, or what color our skin happens to be. So when we draw lines in the sand based solely upon such trivial things... and begin the name calling, how do we expect to evoke any real change in society? The first steps for making positive change, always begin with one's self.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 6:12:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Saban became a coward when he walked with a terrorist organization.

The players may not be thugs but they sure as hell act like thugs.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 6:44:58 AM EDT
[#14]
For as long as I can remember, a big part of the fall season has been Alabama football. Some of my best memories are from my time down there on home game weekends, even though the teams were nowhere near as good as they are now.

All that's dead now. The university will not get another dime from me.

No t-shirts, no hats, no tv time. Nothing. I'm done with them.

Time to get behind the press, I now have a lot more time for shooting in the fall
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 7:40:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My Walmart fan response was more in response to the first guy who posted this calling them thugs. If that is what you think of the football players here at UA and you’re going to cry about Saban marching with them then there is no place in this fan base for you. I agree there are times when players beyond get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to certain things yes. They aren’t marching just for themselves, they are marching for the betterment of the African American race and to bring attention to the unnecessary shootings of POC in America. Like I said before, I don’t agree with many things that BLM stands for and have done during their “protesters” but, this is them making sure that their voices are heard.
View Quote

Evidently you don't pay much attention to the News Reports on who causes the crimes.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Ok but it is not the ALABAMA FOOTBALL PLAYERS what part of that don't you get. Calling them thugs is completely disrespectful and wrong. You're going after black student athletes well guess what Mac Jones got a DUI does that make him a thug too? Thats what I thought.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 10:39:24 AM EDT
[#17]
I am not sitting here supporting everything that BLM stands for. I understand why they march and I understand the point they are trying to get across. I do not support BLM as an organization and I never will. They are shady and have done some down right despicable things but, just because the student athletes want to bring awareness to the problems that African Americans are facing in America does not mean anything. BLM is a blanket statement about supporting black lives. They did not donate to the BLM group or anything like it. They marched to bring attention to the unnecessary police shootings of black civilians.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 11:09:09 AM EDT
[#18]
"They marched to bring attention to the unnecessary police shootings of black civilians."

But shooting each other is just fine, right? Check local, state and federal crime stats. Of course, facts are racist.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I am not sitting here supporting everything that BLM stands for. I understand why they march and I understand the point they are trying to get across. I do not support BLM as an organization and I never will. They are shady and have done some down right despicable things but, just because the student athletes want to bring awareness to the problems that African Americans are facing in America does not mean anything. BLM is a blanket statement about supporting black lives. They did not donate to the BLM group or anything like it. They marched to bring attention to the unnecessary police shootings of black civilians.
View Quote

They marched "IN SUPPORT OF BLM" ... Note the banner being held at the front, just behind saban.

I'll be damned if I continue to support a group that tells me I'm the problem.

ETA: it's also evident who is on the UofA payroll in this thread. I hope the whole athletic dept. loses millions because of this.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:08:56 PM EDT
[#20]
UofA payroll lmao like they come to ARFCOM you guys are full of it. You don't have to support the football team. No one is gonna lose sleep over you not spending your money at UA anymore as there are plenty of donors and out of state kids from Chicago and New Jersey who will continue to pour money into this university.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
"They marched to bring attention to the unnecessary police shootings of black civilians."

But shooting each other is just fine, right? Check local, state and federal crime stats. Of course, facts are racist.
View Quote

Dude you are preaching to the choir. I know and I am sure everyone else knows that black on black crime is by far more prevalent than the police shootings but unfortunately there is a stigma in America right now that POC are being disproportionately affected by police and that the system is holding them down. We all know that there are bigger problems facing POC in this country than police brutality but right now that is what the focus is on. Right or wrong, police brutality has the spotlight and that is was is going to get the most coverage.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Apparently, some backlash has occurred, and Nick's daughter and some players have a "so what' attitude in response:

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2020/09/day-after-march-alabama-football-continues-to-promote-black-lives-matter-message.html

Time to get some popcorn I guess.
View Quote

His daughter is clueless.  And wants the $$$ gravy train to continue.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 1:38:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I do know that the first Black President wanted to shut down the path to riches for most Black People and BLM is continuing his efforts.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 4:17:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Dang, time to get some more popcorn!

Time will tell, as far as fan support. I'm waiting until the first game, to see how many of those "student athletes" kneel during the National Anthem. Then we will know how "infected" the athletic department has been by the BLM virus.

JMHO
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 9:40:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 11:59:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Leads a march for social justice, makes $10 million / year running one of the NCAA plantations of "amateur" athletes.
I'm sorry folks.  I love college football and was grateful to earn my degree on a Football scholarship, but the system is completely out of wack.
Player compensation determined by the NCAA (basically; tuition room and board) , prohibited from going pro or hiring representation.
The NFL is getting a free Farm league with zero investment.
Coaches making millions
Retired AD's making $42K / month (look it up)
NCAA TV and advertising dollars in the Billion$ each year.  
The picture of this march should be what you see when you look up "Hypocrisy" in the dictionary.

Link Posted: 9/3/2020 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#28]
NVM
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#29]
NVM
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 6:33:20 PM EDT
[#30]
NVM
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 6:34:45 PM EDT
[#31]
NVM
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#32]
NVM
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 6:42:42 PM EDT
[#33]
NVM
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Guys, this is htf, not gd.
Keep it civil.
View Quote

I'm sure you're not gonna be happy with my replies in this, and the absolutely retarded doctors are discriminating against blacks thread.

I'll take this as my cue to dip out of HTF.   I remember when this was a cozy place for friends, damn shame that we let the trolls dictate the mood around here.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 9:03:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
So if some students wanted to have a Thin Blue Line march today on campus, would it be allowed?

I know the answer.

Saban allowed this so he could have the facade of maintaining control. While massaging the egos and low information minds of his players.

View Quote
I really don't give a shit why.  There's all kinds of rationalizations going on for why people and companies are kneeling to the BLM commies.

Fuck each and every one of them for betraying their country.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 12:01:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 8:14:02 PM EDT
[#39]
FNS.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 11:33:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So if some students wanted to have a Thin Blue Line march today on campus, would it be allowed?

I know the answer.

Saban allowed this so he could have the facade of maintaining control. While massaging the egos and low information minds of his players.

View Quote
This
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top