Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2021 7:41:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tactical_Bucket]
PICS ADDED
I'm sitting here exhausted, 4:30am after searching a mile radius around my residence searching dumpsters, brush, trails, etc for just about five hours straight.

All black.
Noveske N4 lower serial X14583 with a LAW folder, A5 extension, BCM stock.
Magwell engraved BAD TRUST MOUNT VERNON, WA.
Upper is a VLTOR MUR, KAC mod2 9.5" barrel, KAC URX3.1 8" rail
Accessories: Nightforce ATACR 1-8 serial BA43074A in a tan badger C1, j. Arm and an offset aimpoint t2. On the rail, a gen 1 modlite PLHV2 on a modbutton/lightwing, a Troy modular foregrip and a noveske barricade stop

Had it out mounting the optic to it from another build to prepare it for hunting. Had the garage door cracked 15" maybe to keep it cool in the garage. (That's also where my computer is) Went inside to refill my water bottle and call my wife who just left town and heard a sound like an animal was ravaging the garage. Go out, see the rifle is gone head to the front door and see a silver 4 door driving away.

Police couldn't do much but they completely discounted my account of the silver 4 door sedan. I watched it turn into a housing complex and they didn't even check it out..

Thief also stole a spiritus coyote plate carrier loaded with velocity system 3a soft armor and hesco large L210s. 3 colt mags marked BAD001, BAD002, and BAD003 full of 556 m855a1, and a single black pmag marked 300.1 full of 115gr 300blk controlled chaos. The plate carrier also had a TRIband baofeng, disco32 whip antenna and nexus push to talk.

Any assistance spreading the word would be appreciated. You can contact me directly here via site PM. Im pretty active here so I'll see it quickly.
Midnight also marked my 32nd birthday, happy birthday to me.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn... I don't really have anyone/where to spread the word to, but you have my condolences... that sucks. Seriously hope you get your stuff back.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll keep an eye out locally.  Hit up the pawn shops/gun stores in your region and drop off photos along with your cell number (something like a single page flyer they can post up behind the counter).  Tell them you'll buy them all lunch if they find it and call you.

You're more likely to see the stuff stripped off of the rifle and sold separately from the gun, so make sure to include the info on the accessories when you hand it out to shops.  

Sorry for what happened, it's bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 12:06:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Has probably changed hands once or twice already.  I would expect it'll only be recovered after an arrest of a gang/ drug dealer.  Sorry for your loss, you reported it so not much else you can do.  I have the highest contempt for thieves and should be dealt with by the victim of the theft.
Check if any neighbor have video.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 2:57:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SUVDRVR:
Has probably changed hands once or twice already.  I would expect it'll only be recovered after an arrest of a gang/ drug dealer.  Sorry for your loss, you reported it so not much else you can do.  I have the highest contempt for thieves and should be dealt with by the victim of the theft.
Check if any neighbor have video.
View Quote

Unfortunately, this.  I'll keep an eye on social media and the local shooting holes down here, hopefully something pops up in FB marketplace that can provide some leads.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Didnt see this. Silver 4 door....shiny silver or faded old ass silver sedan? Tinted windows? Do you recall any specifics of it?
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 11:40:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Ummmm... did your stuff look like this?  (nice setup by the way!)

Attachment Attached File

Here is a link to the facebook post where I saw this:  https://www.facebook.com/WhatcomNewsAlert/
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 11:44:52 AM EDT
[#7]
BPD responded to three separate instances of gunfire on a single day on 8-15-2021.  Our patrol division did an outstanding job of responding, getting the scenes blocked off and working the cases safely and swiftly.  BPD Detectives and CSI's have been working tirelessly continuing their expert investigations to put together the cases for prosecution in the latter two incidents listed here.
Incident 1 - Gunfire heard in the 4100 block of Meridian, one casing found, no other evidence.
Incident 2 -  gunfire heard in the 300 block of Cedar St with witnesses hearing an argument and then someone being shot inside a vehicle.  A victim of the shooting later showed up at the ER and needed surgery for non-life-threatening injuries.  BPD Detectives are investigating this case.  Contact cob.org/tips
if you have any information to assist in solving this case.
Incident 3 - gunfire in the 2700 block of W. Maplewood. Over 70 callers to 9-1-1, officers located 25+ rifle casings (.300 Blackout casings) in the road.  Patrol officers did a tremendous job investigating the case,  walking around looking for further evidence and any possible gunshot victims.  We are so grateful no one was hurt due to this reckless drive-by shooting.  
Officers found a white Dodge Durango with a male getting out of the passenger side.  He denied knowing what was going on.  Further investigation led patrol officers to surveillance video which identified a white Dodge Durango as being involved.  They went back to the white Durango and looked inside the windows.  They saw a pistol partially hidden under the center console and shell casings inside, matching those found on the road.  
Soon, the same male contacted earlier, identified as Guillermo Vieyra Salas, came from an apartment with the Durango keys in his hand.  He was detained and arrested for Drive-By Shooting and booked into the jail, and the Durango was seized as evidence.  
BPD Detectives were assigned the case, applied for and were granted a search warrant for the Durango.  This search revealed the following evidence (among other items):
- A Noveske short-barreled rifle chambered in .300 Blackout – this weapon was discovered to be stolen in a burglary reported to Sedro Woolley PD
- A Smith and Wesson pistol found sticking out of the center console (as the officer saw it on the night of the drive-by shooting)
- A multitude of .300 Blackout ammunition, along with a spent casing.
- Three 45 round magazines, loaded full of .300 Blackout ammunition
- Three 30 round magazines, loaded full of .300 Blackout ammunition
Probable cause for the additional charges of Unlawful Possession of a Firearm (two counts) and Possession of a Stolen Firearm was developed and served on Vieyra Salas in the Whatcom County Jail where he is housed, in lieu of $400,000.00 bail.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#8]
https://kgmi.com/news/007700-bellingham-man-arrested-for-firing-gunshots-on-maplewood-ave/?fbclid=IwAR1ZEViB-u13_CRnhJWcGQWPDkkb7gJJXqSxmg5aaQ9AfJsHEOed4K9KCCQ

Bellingham man arrested for firing gunshots on Maplewood Ave
By asmith August 17, 2021 6:28 am

BELLINGHAM, Wash. – A Bellingham man is in jail after police say he fired almost 30 shots from a rifle in a Northwest Bellingham neighborhood.

Police Lieutenant Claudia Murphy says 911 calls from the area around 2700 block of West Maplewood Avenue reported gunshots just after 2 a.m. Sunday, August 15th.

Officers also heard the shots and responded, finding 27 shell casings from uncommon rifle ammunition along the street.

A white Dodge SUV was reported in the vicinity of the shots and officers saw the a vehicle matching the description parked at the Maplewood Junction Apartments.

Guillermo Vieyra-Salas was getting out of the vehicle but denied having been driving around.

Officers found the engine warm and saw a pistol and casings from similar rifle rounds inside.

A search warrant also found Vieyra-Salas in possession of 25 grams of cocaine and officers arrested him.

No one was hurt in the shootings.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#9]
That might be the fastest that stolen property has ever been recovered. Thats good. Now the most likely years long wait for the police to release it back to you.....But at least you know where its at!
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
That might be the fastest that stolen property has ever been recovered. Thats good. Now the most likely years long wait for the police to release it back to you.....But at least you know where its at!
View Quote

Not to mention one less POS on the street.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 2:21:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tactical_Bucket] [#11]
Originally Posted By nelsd99:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/420365/239586513_2976543795802693_1681654558402-2060589.JPG

Here is a link to the facebook post where I saw this:  https://www.facebook.com/WhatcomNewsAlert/
View Quote

That's it.. part of it anyways..
The modlite has been removed.. one mag is missing and all the m855a1 looks to be replaced for 300. Plus my plate carrier is not in the photo..
I'm hoping the T2 is still there.. hopefully Ill be talking with the lead detective tomorrow but who knows.

I really want to know if they've been able to figure out if he was the thief or if I still need to be worried leaving my wife alone at the house in case someone tries to come back for something else he wants.
Thank you for the pin mods, I appreciate the exposure. This is pretty much solved now.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Tactical_Bucket:

That's it.. part of it anyways..
The modlite has been removed.. one mag is missing and all the m855a1 looks to be replaced for 300. Plus my plate carrier is not in the photo..
I'm hoping the T2 is still there.. hopefully Ill be talking with the lead detective tomorrow but who knows.

I really want to know if they've been able to figure out if he was the thief or if I still need to be worried leaving my wife alone at the house in case someone tries to come back for something else he wants.
Thank you for the pin mods, I appreciate the exposure. This is pretty much solved now.
View Quote
I'm really curious about this as well. It feels like more than a quick smash and grab of opportunity and more like they knew you did gun stuff in the garage and maybe were waiting for an ideal time to make a move.

Personally...I think theres more to the story here and you should definitely have a long chat with the detective!
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By nelsd99:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/420365/239586513_2976543795802693_1681654558402-2060589.JPG

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2021 2:49:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Had a talk with the lead detective. They have no reason to think it was the same person who stole it from me and think what I was suspecting, that someone traded it to him for drugs.

Unfortunately they did not request a warrant to search his residence for some reason and the missing stuff was not recovered in the vehicle. I wanted to push him to search the residence but I know how people get when you try and tell them how to do their jobs. I'd say recovering 85% of the value of my stolen gear is pretty good and there's plenty to be thankful for here.

If anyone has suggestions on how I could possibly convince them moving forward I'd be all ears.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 8:54:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Glad it was recovered quickly!  

What did they tell you on a timeline of getting your gun back?
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 12:56:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick] [#16]
Saw this on skagit breaking when it first hit. LOTS of criticism, lol, but lots of people slamming those idiots.

Glad your stuff was recovered.

I do the same thing, work on my stuff in the garage on the bench. However Im anal about keeping the garage door shut at all times. We have a sidewalk and any passerby could see in. When cracked for fresh air I shut it when I go inside. Even just to take a piss break. Thieves are quick and garage theft is suprisingly rampant, not just here but everywhere.

My question has been: who knows about your guns/things? Anyone? Could it have been a targeted theft?
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 12:20:41 AM EDT
[#17]
No one but my wife and some trusted online friends around the country know what I have. I can't imagine it was targeted, my thoughts are first, brazen and second, lucky. Really lucky. I was sitting in a chair ten feet from the garage door, and my loaded pistol was halfway between me and the door. I was just getting up to head back out when I heard the fkr dip through the door headed out.

No timeline, I'm in pretty consistent communication with the lead detective from Bellingham and he said he spoke with the prosecutor and they're giving me no guarantees right now. They want it to hold up in court to get the scare factor with the jury so I think it'll be a while.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 12:27:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Target of opportunity or you had been identified and your place was cased and they were looking for the right time.

Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:21:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Wow!

Any updates?

Hopefully that cunt gets +10 years added to his sentence for the NFA violation.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 2:47:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boatswain] [#20]
That's a great outcome. Hope you get your rifle back quickly!

I'm willing to wager the scumbag has a record of more than just reckless driving.

Arrested: VIEYRA SALAS, GUILLERMO N.
Number: Nature: TRAFFIC STOP Date: 4/20/2021  12:48:15 PM
Offenses: Reckless Driving
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Nothing. I've had a few people reach out and tell me I should force them to give me the firearm back. I don't know how much leverage I have or really where to begin with something like that.
Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 5:45:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick] [#22]
Talk to a lawyer.

The cops are going to string you along. The lead detective may be nice to you but the one's in charge of him (the brass) that would authorize release of your guns have their own agenda, and its not you. Whether thats based on their evidence policy or if they're biased against gun owners, YOU are last on their list of priorities.

Talk to a lawyer.

Link Posted: 9/18/2021 12:19:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Wow.. sucks that you got your stuff stolen, but glad you'll at least get your firearm back.

Never leave your garage door open if you can't be there is my motto.. Too many thieves out there.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 1:39:32 AM EDT
[#24]
They follow you from a pit or range?  (Heard this was getting more common).

Hard to believe it was random.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:47:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Any update on your stuff being returned?
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 4:41:47 AM EDT
[#26]
So in the past month I've called just about every high profile civil and criminal attorney's office from here to Seattle to get a consult on what my options were and mainly to push the prosecutor to return my stuff but have got the run around. Never spoke with an actual attorney just their assistants and they all said the same thing.. criminal offices said "Ohh that sounds like civil" and civil offices said "Ohh that sounds like criminal." No exaggeration left messages and spoke with at least 15 offices. Just talked to the lead detective in Bellingham who spoke to the prosecutor for me and learned the trial is end of Feb which is good news considering with COVID I was sure the trial wouldn't be starting for a few years. Dude is facing 4 felonies and the prosecutor "needs" the firearm to hold up in court. It's very frustrating but at least I know where it is.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#27]
So whats the latest on this.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:20:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Dude, glad it's been recovered! It won't be released until the case is adjudicated. It's evidence. At the end of the day hopefully it will assist in getting the turd put away. Surprised they weren't able to go federal on it but then you probably would have never seen your rifle again.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:13:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Wow.. Great that you know where it is.. Sucks that it is Taking so much time.

Hope you don't get some asshat cop who scratch engrave on your parts.. CA cops did this to my friends Ruger MKII.. When returned, they scratch in Mkii on it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 1:05:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FishKepr] [#30]
Originally Posted By Ryo:
Wow.. Great that you know where it is.. Sucks that it is Taking so much time.

Hope you don't get some asshat cop who scratch engrave on your parts.. CA cops did this to my friends Ruger MKII.. When returned, they scratch in Mkii on it.
View Quote

Yikes, when my SW 645 was returned, the case number was written with a sharpie.  

Never got my AUG back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top