Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2022 11:17:22 PM EDT
https://www.news10.com/news/scotus-expected-to-issue-a-decision-on-ny-concealed-carry-law/

Looks like NYS is in fear of the coming SCOTUS ruling every time an opinion day is announced.  It was just a few weeks ago that they were saying they'd release what their tweaks would be (which never happened).  Now it's hold everything tight to the vest so SCOTUS doesn't figure out how they'll ignore a potential ruling.

“I’m not going to say now what we are going to do, because I have to see what the rationale is for whatever decision they come down with. I need to see that first. I also have no intention of telegraphing a strategy to the Supreme Court that the State of New York may be considering because I believe that will be counter productive when the decision is ultimately issued.”

She said once the Supreme Court decision is announced, the state will make it’s response known within a matter of days.

“Is there is there executive action that can be taken? Is there a legislative solution? And I already talked to the leaders, about the possibility— in cooperation with them, bringing back the legislature in an extraordinary session, that’s what it’s called: an extraordinary session; to find if there is a legislative solution because this cannot be.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 12:53:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Imagine that, a Cuomo wrecking crew politician trying to subvert the Supreme Court
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:37:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Governor Karen is concerned she's going to lose and is desperate to divert attention away from her policy disasters.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:27:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I noted in another thread that the local media coverage of the upcoming decision has been ramping up and getting more dire. It seems that the moment the decision drops, urban warfare will break out in New York and blood will run in the streets I am noticing that New York is already turning into Chicago day by day, and we have strict gun laws too.

Hochul will win the primary on the 28th hands down. Her closest competitor is my congresscritter, "common sense Democrat" Tom Suozzi, who has been phoning and advertising like crazy but still trails. Promises things he absolutely cannot deliver (ex. Bail Reform) because the legislature will never go along. But he is extremely anti-2A (on June 3, 2022 he became the 9th co-sponsor of H.R. 4953 - National Firearms Amendments Act of 2021 which moves semi-auto's to the NFA). That means we would get a one-trick pony since the legislature would throw every anti-2A bill they can find at him.

I have serious doubts Hochul will lose in November. The Republicans are not going to flip New York despite all the rosy predictions by the right. Downstate command to damn many votes just like Northern California suffers at the hands of the big blue cities.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:27:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I didn't think it was possible for there to be a worse governor than Cuomo.  I was wrong.

Anyone who wants to make their state a vacation spot for abortion tourism tells you all you need to know.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:45:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't think it was possible for there to be a worse governor than Cuomo.  I was wrong.

Anyone who wants to make their state a vacation spot for abortion tourism tells you all you need to know.
View Quote

I agree… the arrogance of “well we have a plan and we’ll wait for the Court to say something”. How about you obey the Constitution and stop violating our rights ?
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 9:02:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same here. Classic examples " out of the pan and into the fire"  " be careful of what you wish for" . Boy did we get fooked.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 1:41:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Same here. Classic examples " out of the pan and into the fire"  " be careful of what you wish for" . Boy did we get fooked.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is kind of ironic that just before Cuomo was forced out, Tucker Carlson warned that his replacement would be worse based on his reading of her record.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Never send a ho in to do a slut's job.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top