Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2018 6:06:55 PM EDT
The big gun show returns to the Greenville TD Center this weekend.  Friends from Irmo, Aiken, North Augusta, and Greenwood and I are going to meet up there Saturday, then go eat at TITOs Pizzeria. I hope the show is not as "thin" as last time. Some vendors were missing last time and the aisles widened and reformed to obscure the lower vendor participation. But, it is still the biggest gun show in the state. I don't really need anything, but its a great social outing and who knows what may be found there.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 8:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Pick me up some rubber dog-do while you're there. I forgot to buy it when I was there a year ago.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 11:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pick me up some rubber dog-do while you're there. I forgot to buy it when I was there a year ago.
View Quote
You want the Tea cup Poodle size or the Doberman size?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 2:08:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Great Dane. Go big or go home.

Did anyone among us attend?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I went on Sunday, just for giggles.  I brought a stack of dead presidents iwth me because you never know what lurks ahead of you at a gun show?

There was a very small line when I got there around Noon-ish?  ONE vendor said that Saturday was good (2900 tickets sold).  Most other people said it was okay.  A few said business was not so hot.  Plenty of empty tables at this show, maybe 5 or 10%?

I'd say that this was not what I would consider a typical Christmas Gun Show, however what I'm used to seeing goes back a few years when I was doing gunshows and the Dems were in power.  I didn't really see anything that stuck out nor did I see anything I had to have.  Except for a speed loader for my S&W Model 10?  I didn't even stick around for a burger or soda?

There were some Garands there but truth be told I didn't want to spend $1000.  There was a guy selling CMMG 9mm Pistols at the show for $600 + tax.  That was probably the best deal I saw, but I already have a 9mm AR.  Some of the big boys were there (Doc's et al) but business did not appear to be stacked up like it used to be and all of their tables had guns on them.

SUMMARY:  Not a bad show really, nothing to write home about - but it was a gun show...

YMMV
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:25:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I went Saturday about noon, and would concur with Dogolden's assessment. It was crowded on Saturday but I didn't see a lot of merch being carried out. It may have been an excuse for many to get out of the house on a rainy day. There was a couple of sets of empty tables and it seemed like a lot more knife vendors there.  Some of the AR parts vendors that used to show up were MIA. I saw NO bargains on ammo, but I wasn't looking real hard. Two different security vendors were snapping their stun guns in reply to each other about 6 aisles apart, then as I moved on they got quite. I suspect show staff put a stop to it. One guy was selling wooden pens and wooden base oil lamps; WTF is that doing at a gun show. Gunshow content is getting diluted.

But I still had a good time meeting up with some of my old friends.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 9:18:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I live in the area and go to most. This one was thin on vendors (nice wide aisles) and attendance (I went Sunday). Excessive knife vendors - but still free parking! No Federal primers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top