Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2021 6:47:15 PM EDT
Open Carry in South Carolina is not legal yet.  

Don't put your pistol on the dashboard when pulled over for a traffic infraction like is popular in North Carolina.

Just had a guy do that and he was educated and sent on his way.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#1]
"Don't put your pistol on the dashboard when pulled over for a traffic infraction like is popular in North Carolina."

Why would someone do this?

If I were being pulled over by a police officer, the last thing I would want to be doing is handling a firearm.

Please enlighten me.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Don't put your pistol on the dashboard when pulled over for a traffic infraction like is popular in North Carolina."

Why would someone do this?

If I were being pulled over by a police officer, the last thing I would want to be doing is handling a firearm.

Please enlighten me.
View Quote

In the absence of a Concealed Weapon Permit, many drivers place their pistol on the dashboard so it is obviously not a concealed weapon
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 9:27:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Clarification on open carry in SC?

Does open carry include "on the hip" for all to see like in NC?

Link Posted: 6/24/2021 8:13:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Starting August 15, CWP holders no longer have to conceal handguns that they are carrying. Wearing on the hip is allowed.

It is not constitutional carry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top