Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2021 10:55:14 PM EDT
Anyone here have any experience with SC Governor’s School?

Our son (rising sophomore) has been receiving application literature. It seems like an excellent opportunity, but don’t know what it’s really like to attend. Just trying to see if he’s a good fit, or not. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 6:09:28 AM EDT
[#1]
My daughter is a SCGSSM grad, class of 2017.  She really blossomed, and what she accomplished in 2 years was amazing.  She has since graduated with honors from USC, full ride scholarship.

Feel free to hit me up with any questions
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 8:28:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 4:52:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anyone here have any experience with SC Governor’s School?

Our son (rising sophomore) has been receiving application literature. It seems like an excellent opportunity, but don’t know what it’s really like to attend. Just trying to see if he’s a good fit, or not. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
View Quote

A kid's parents at my school are both involved in education.  One helps run the Governor's school.  I've met many amazing kids that went there really expand their horizons.  I got lucky with private school in Columbia and am off to college but still the Governor's School is worth looking at.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 5:06:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I appreciate all the replies… will look into this further
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top