Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2023 10:28:22 AM EDT
Anyone got recommendations on an engraver for an SBR lower in N GA?
 Second,
Is laser engraving the only way it’s done or are there other types of engraving methods used??? Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 3:27:35 PM EDT
[#1]
CNC rotary cutter engraving which limits locations available to cut due to the process and fixturing required and of course laser which requires basically no fixturing and locations and detail are pretty much limitless. But if you're on a tight budget the least expensive option is probably going to be a dremel tool and a steady hand.

Link Posted: 5/25/2023 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#2]
As for the cnc rotary cutting, I would assume the lower has to then be refinished which seems quite odd anyone would go that route unless planning to cerakote etc.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 8:15:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As for the cnc rotary cutting, I would assume the lower has to then be refinished which seems quite odd anyone would go that route unless planning to cerakote etc.
View Quote

Most folks do a color fill with paint or other coloring material to soften the bright finish left from the mechanical engraving. Laser option will cut through the finish as well but the base material exposed will be dull and may even have a desirable color depending on settings used. We had the CNC engraver for years but replaced it with our laser a couple years ago.

To you point, we usually cerakote after an engraving project that we are either doing for a customer that specifies it or for ourselves.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 9:58:55 AM EDT
[#4]
WGTactical here are you located?
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 10:05:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Do you guys offer sbr engraving at WG Tactical is what I’m getting at…? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 10:29:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
WGTactical here are you located?
View Quote

We're in Carrollton and yes we do SBR engraving
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:32:44 AM EDT
[#7]
WG Tactical did 2 lowers for me and 1st class work. Great guy to work with too.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:53:25 PM EDT
[#8]
KF Armory in Alpharetta did mine.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 8:57:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I pretty much just use King of Camo in Cummimg now. They cam do it while you wait and have been able to put it wherever / however I've asked.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:19:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I pretty much just use King of Camo in Cummimg now. They cam do it while you wait and have been able to put it wherever / however I've asked.
View Quote

For North GA guys this is the answer. Nate is awesome and does great work. I have had 2 MCX lowers done and they are great.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:06:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

For North GA guys this is the answer. Nate is awesome and does great work. I have had 2 MCX lowers done and they are great.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Luke is in Cumming now too! His work is artistic!
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:39:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 1:21:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm maybe talking nonsense, as most of this stuff goes, but, wasn't there a thing where atf was cool with normal manufacturer marks/ serials now? Could have sworn that was a thing
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 6:54:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 7:22:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'll be in the area tomorrow, walk-in okay with King of Camo or should I call and give them a heads up?  I have an SP5 that needs engraving.
View Quote

I've done it both ways. Where are you getting it engraved?
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 9:17:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 4:04:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 9:34:19 PM EDT
[#20]
I’m confused as to King Of Camo after reading this thread but as far as WG Tactical and KFArmory, I’m looking at both of these guys.
 The negative to KFArmory is that they told me I had to first bring them my NFA tax stamp before they’d do it, which I found odd, because most guys get their lowers engraved BEFORE they file the papers, in case there was a problem with the lower (especially if shipping it), thereby preventing any paperwork SNAFUs with ATF if somehow the lower engraving or shipping went bad.
 For those who have used KFArmory, were you told this as well?
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 10:34:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top