Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2022 12:25:19 PM EST
Looking at possibly selling my Gideon Shadow HK UMP 45. Does anyone know of a FFL in the SE part of the state that buys SBRs or will do consignments on one?

Link Posted: 8/8/2022 6:29:15 AM EST
Not SE but Brotherhood Arms up in Watertown might.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 10:11:27 AM EST
Walberg Precision up by Aberdeen does a lot of NFA transfers and stuff but I dont know if they buy/resell
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 9:52:53 AM EST
Not an easy road....
You would have to form 4 it to the FFL SOT @ 200.00. If an in state buyer if found; the buyer pays 200.00 to transfer from the FFL / SOT on Form 4.
If sold to an out state buyer...the it goes Tax Free on Form 3 to another FFL SOT; and then on form 4 to the buyer with $200 tax stamp.
And, no a FFL SOT can not be possession of your NFA item without being transferred to them properly on a Form Four for consignment purposes.  

The only way and FFL/SOT can be in possession of NFA item is repair or gunsmithing is being done. Transfer on Form5

You might want to advertise in on NFA boards here EE for sale in SD where you do the transfer from seller to buyer with just
one transfer on a Form 4 if an in state purchase is agreed to.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 4:13:27 PM EST
Pretty sure Gary's Gun Shop does this.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 8:21:18 PM EST
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top