Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2018 9:52:18 PM EDT
How do I go about doing this in Connecticut? Who would be the best source for info?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:23:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
How do I go about doing this in Connecticut? Who would be the best source for info?
View Quote
If it's already registered sent a copy of your cert.

If it's preban, get a cert from Middletown. Probably have to talk to Dierdre.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:07:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup send cert attached to the form1.

If not it will get kicked back.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#3]
If your CT cert. says MULTI caliber, you will have to get a new cert to match your Form 1.  The ATF doesn't allow multi as a caliber.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 6:19:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was able to successfully get a not  semi-auto (i.e. lever action) SBR approved without a certificate of possession
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was able to successfully get a not  semi-auto (i.e. lever action) SBR approved without a certificate of possession
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you sent them the entire text of the bill?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:20:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
My buddies lever gun was denied- ctdsp helped the ATF understand that the lever gun is not a semi auto and thus not an aw!
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My buddies lever gun was denied- ctdsp helped the ATF understand that the lever gun is not a semi auto and thus not an aw!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it's who I'm thinking of you/he needs to post pics. It's pure sexual confusion tactical pants party. Those things are fucking lasers.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:12:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If it's who I'm thinking of you/he needs to post pics. It's pure sexual confusion tactical pants party. Those things are fucking lasers.
View Quote
It is
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:14:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No offense to JAD but ..... that was funny
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:14:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Who has a sbr lever and can send me pics.

I am thinking about a 357 with my sound limiting device on the end of it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:41:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Surprisingly, no.

However, I did include a relatively lengthy letter which included many statutory references/citations, and excerpts, as well as technical information regarding the firearm, links to relevant Youtube videos which demonstrated the manner of operation of the firearm referenced in my application, and photographs of my specific firearm (the photos were primarily related to certain markings, however, there was an overall image as well). I didn't expect them to necessarily rely on the information that I presented. Rather, I was hoping that it would encourage them to use the resources available to them to take appropriate action and approve application rather than disapprove it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:47:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Mine is a .44 Mag Rossi "ranch hand" with a stock. I'm leaving the barrel in factory form, which leaves it looking sort of like the short barrel carbines that Winchester made for shipment (primarily) to Latin America over a century ago. No threading or muzzle device on mine. I don't have any pictures of it at the moment, but I would be glad to let you shoot it in the future if we could arrange a time/place.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:50:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Surprisingly, no.

However, I did include a relatively lengthy letter which included many statutory references/citations, and excerpts, as well as technical information regarding the firearm, links to relevant Youtube videos which demonstrated the manner of operation of the firearm referenced in my application, and photographs of my specific firearm (the photos were primarily related to certain markings, however, there was an overall image as well). I didn't expect them to necessarily rely on the information that I presented. Rather, I was hoping that it would encourage them to use the resources available to them to take appropriate action and approve application rather than disapprove it.
View Quote
It may also have been before there was a problem and ctdsp requested more scrutiny from the atf- there was a period of time when all Nfa transfers into Ct were put on hold . It may also have to do with the people that start the process on the Atf forms are/were contractors.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:50:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I sent you a pic
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:51:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Mine is a .44 Mag Rossi "ranch hand" with a stock. I'm leaving the barrel in factory form, which leaves it looking sort of like the short barrel carbines that Winchester made for shipment (primarily) to Latin America over a century ago. No threading or muzzle device on mine. I don't have any pictures of it at the moment, but I would be glad to let you shoot it in the future if we could arrange a time/place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks Jad for the offer.

Maybe next time we have a HTF shoot
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 1:24:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It may also have been before there was a problem and ctdsp requested more scrutiny from the atf- there was a period of time when all Nfa transfers into Ct were put on hold . It may also have to do with the people that start the process on the Atf forms are/were contractors.
View Quote
I believe that mine was after the increased scrutiny.  I received my approved form 1 back about 1 year ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top