Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2021 2:18:09 PM EDT
Is the state still shutdown for this process ? Read somewhere that they are closed for fingerprinting till  middle August, any truth to this ?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 2:28:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless it's to issue an AW cert for the SBR, the state has nothing to do with this.

You can file your own SBR/SBS paperwork on eFile with the ATF, roll your own prints, and send it all in. ATF will approve an SBS without an AW cert and SBR with an AW cert.

Order your own fingerprint cards here (takes about a week to get them in):
https://www.atf.gov/distribution-center-order-form

Order your fingerprint pad here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004C5FRK2

File your Form 1 online here:
https://eforms.atf.gov

If you're doing a Form 4 transfer, you can do your own prints too. The ATF/FBI do not care at all.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag
I have my efile ready to be submitted and my prints are done, just need to mail some papers to slfu…
Roll your own prints on the 414c and on the federal cards. Amazon has ink pads.

Not to derail, but when you mail the papers to the state, is it required to get it notarized? I was just going to send the 414c filled out with dps3 and manufacture letter and that’s it. Any feedback would be great, there’s not a whole lot of info on this subject.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#3]
You don't need to involve the state unless you need an AW cert.
You can roll your own prints and email the CLEO copy to whomever you chose (provided they fulfill the requirement)

For anyone needing an AW cert, call (860) 685-8290 and ask to speak to Deirdre. Her email is [email protected].

ETA: The one time I had to get an AW cert, after the fact (to SBR a preban), I didn't need to notarize the 414C.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 3:30:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank You Guys !!
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:05:19 PM EDT
[#5]
since im doing the same, i talked to deirdre today, and mailed my 414c, dps3c and manufacture letter to her at middletown.
caught her as she came in from her lunch.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Finger print cards came in today, just waiting on ink from Amazon
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 8:45:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Finger print cards came in today, just waiting on ink from Amazon
View Quote

staples sells ink pads that work just fine- watch a few videos on how to do it
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 7:36:47 AM EDT
[#8]
If youve already submitted prints to the ATF for suppressors do you need to resubmit for an SBR?
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 8:31:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes. You can apparently submit one set of prints for multiple form 1s if you do them all at the same time (print out all the cover letters and mail them in with the set of print cards), but otherwise it's one set of prints per form 1.

Not like the fingerprints seem to actually matter... I've sent in some heinous fingerprint rolls and everything is approved quickly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top