BCM
User Panel

Page / 18
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 6:17:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is what has been driving me crazy the last few weeks. I know have almost 2k of mags to guns I hope to own some day.

Yesterday Sig dropped the new P322 which looks like a great suppressor host, but I don't think mags will be out anytime soon.
View Quote

Yup.. that's the problem.. the future design in firearms and its corresponding magazine. Really sucks.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I bought more AK74 mages with K-Var's deal.  Then thought, why do I have so many AK74 mags and only 1 AK74?  So I bought a Galil ACE 5.45.

I also recently bought a S&W M&P 10mm pistol.  Came with 2 mags.  Gun has been in the wild since December at least and they HAVE NOT RELEASED SPARE MAGS FOR SALE yet.  They better get 'em out there by July 1.

Rob
View Quote

This is position that we’re in with the HK MP5 .22LR.  Right now magazines are impossible to find without paying scalper prices.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#3]
FJI
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:35:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an Idaho address as well, but WA is certainly my main residence.

Not really sure how that could play out in the future. Purchasing after July then bringing them across state lines, blah. What a nightmare. FJI.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I bought more AK74 mages with K-Var's deal.  Then thought, why do I have so many AK74 mags and only 1 AK74?  So I bought a Galil ACE 5.45.

I also recently bought a S&W M&P 10mm pistol.  Came with 2 mags.  Gun has been in the wild since December at least and they HAVE NOT RELEASED SPARE MAGS FOR SALE yet.  They better get 'em out there by July 1.

Rob
View Quote

What is the K-var deal? Did i miss it in this thread?
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 12:04:27 AM EDT
[#6]
It is only a deal if you think Bulgarian Circle-10 mags are worth a good bit more than the commercial variants or Magpuls.  https://www.k-var.com/six-m74b-mags-wa-state

They have 7.62x39 and at least 2 different versions of the 5.45s.

Rob
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 7:33:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I’m focusing all my spare income to buy more magazines…. For guns I plan to buy in the near future.  I just bought 10 Sig MPX 30rd mags today and drew up a list of mags to buy during April, May and early June.

I have two firearms on lay away with 15 and 30 round mags, so I will have to pick them up in May as well.

Honestly, I freaking glad, I’ve been stocking up on mags since 2005!!  

QUESTION!!   I know that you cannot build NEW magazines with a capacity greater than 10rds, but, can you rebuild the hi-cap magazines you currently have, PIOR to July 2022?  

I’m asking this since I’ve invested $$$$$ in magazines over the years, like mags for a Walther P88 and HK factory MP5/SP5.  Also, back in 2007, I bought a good number of aluminum USGI M16/M4 mags that I like to add MagPul followers and floor plates to them.

Also, I have few beat-up magazines Sig 228 and M1A/M14 mags that I would like to be refinished, either within the State or sent out of State…. Now that they will be banned in July, these mags are valuable, to me, while I’m still here in this State.

I know that I can leave the State with them and come back, but this BS law is too confusing and since I live in King phucking County, I want to stay “above board” when dealing with this shit since I not in a hurry to have KCS knocking on my door.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 7:37:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The good thing about SAF is that they are a local organization in Bellevue..
View Quote

That’s not so good when you find out an acquaintance used to work there and can tell you all about SAF.

Before that, I had no idea about Alan’s direct marketing gig and I also had no idea he runs other “businesses” out of the same office.

IDK what it is about pro 2A charities but I’ve given up finding one I want to give money too. NRA, SAF, GOA, FPC. Everyone has their fucking hand in my pocket.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 8:11:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
QUESTION!!   I know that you cannot build NEW magazines with a capacity greater than 10rds, but, can you rebuild the hi-cap magazines you currently have, PIOR to July 2022?  
View Quote

Suposidly you cannot.

However Ive been asking the question why not? Because the way I read it, the verbage only covers "manufacturing" of magazines. Just because I repair my magazine does not mean Im manufacturing one. If I put a new water pump on my car Im not manufacturing a new car.

Anyway, Ive been putting the question out there and literally no one has an answer.

That or the answer is obvious in another part of the bill, Ive overlooked it and no one's answering me because I look like a tard.

Link Posted: 3/25/2022 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Suposidly you cannot.

However Ive been asking the question why not? Because the way I read it, the verbage only covers "manufacturing" of magazines. Just because I repair my magazine does not mean Im manufacturing one. If I put a new water pump on my car Im not manufacturing a new car.

Anyway, Ive been putting the question out there and literally no one has an answer.

That or the answer is obvious in another part of the bill, Ive overlooked it and no one's answering me because I look like a tard.

View Quote

You can’t buy or bring in any parts after the cutoff.  So if you want to rebuild a magazine and you have the parts on hand you’re good.  If you don’t have the parts, you’re out of luck.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 10:48:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You can’t buy or bring in any parts after the cutoff.  So if you want to rebuild a magazine and you have the parts on hand you’re good.  If you don’t have the parts, you’re out of luck.
View Quote

Can you point me to the part of the bill that says that?

Link Posted: 3/25/2022 11:13:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not seeing where it says you can't have parts.  Manufacture is definitely a no go, so no "kits" like Colorado supposedly does. I see nothing here that prohibits things like replacement springs.

https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2021-22/Pdf/Bills/Senate%20Passed%20Legislature/5078-S.PL.pdf?q=20220325081027
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 11:18:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Section 36 covers parts.
(36) "Large capacity magazine" means an ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition, or any conversion kit, part, or combination of parts, from which such a device can be assembled if those parts are in possession of or under the control of the same person, but shall not be construed to include any of the following:
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 12:02:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Suposidly you cannot.

View Quote

I don’t have time right now to go into a lengthier explanation so I will give a quick TL/DR version.

First:  nothing in this post should be considered qualified legal advice.  It is incumbent upon anyone reading this post to seek their own council.

ESSB 5078 as passed modifies RCW 9.41.010 et al however remains silent to the specific act of “repair”.  A thorough reading of both ESSB 5078 and the portions of RCW 9.41.010 that it modifies will show that the word “repair” does not come up when discussing “large capacity magazines”.

When we look at Page 5, lines 14 - 16:  “(20)  "Manufacture" means, with respect to a firearm or large capacity magazine, the fabrication or construction of a firearm or large capacity magazine.” Does the act of repairing a large capacity magazine qualify as construction or fabrication?  Was 5078 intentionally silent on the matter of repair?

Now we move on to:

32 (36) "Large capacity magazine" means an ammunition feeding device
33 with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition, or any
34 conversion kit, part, or combination of parts, from which such a
35 device can be assembled if those parts are in possession of or under
36 the control of the same person, but shall not be construed to include
37 any of the following:

Now the language of the bill changed from “construction” or” manufacture” to “assemble”. Again, there is no “carve out” or exemption for repair, thus does the prohibition of assembling include repair? One would have to disassemble a magazine in order to repair it and subsequently one must reassemble said magazine in order to complete the repair.

Summation:  so even if one were to purchase a number of 30 round followers prior to the 01 July 2022 effective date, would repairing a magazine after that date be a violation of the law?  What is your own tolerance for risk?

This post is far from my best work, however circumstances constrain my ability to craft a better response at this time.  I see also where some of the matter has been addressed by other posters.  Great contributions all!
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Hell, some could say that taking a legal, previously owned magazine apart for cleaning would leave one without the legal right to "assemble" it again when you are done.

Rob
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:26:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Frankly it doesn't matter. All the big dealers will look at the law and decide it isn't worth the risk to sell mag parts to WA, just like most of them did with 80% receivers a couple years ago.

I see a PO box in my future.....
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 4:11:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hell, some could say that taking a legal, previously owned magazine apart for cleaning would leave one without the legal right to "assemble" it again when you are done.

Rob
View Quote

I am pretty sure this exact question/concern came up during either the executive session (not the public hearing) or the floor debate prior to the vote.  Of course, the bill sponsors assured those with said concern that was not the intent of the law (note that is NOT a declarative statement, thus what the anti’s said holds no legal weight).
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 11:48:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Isn't that everyone?  Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody else get this email from FPC? Tempting. I don’t want to put myself in the crosshairs of the state though.

FPC Law is urgently seeking Washington residents affected by the state prohibition on so-called “high capacity” magazines. If you or anyone you know fit the criteria below, contact our legal team ASAP at 2Ahotline.com.

Would like to possess a handgun magazine holding more than 10 rounds

Eligible to pass a background check

Resident of the following Washington counties: Clallam, Clark, Cowlitz, Grays Harbor, Island, Jefferson, King, Kitsap, Lewis, Mason, Pacific, Pierce, San Juan, Skagit, Skamania, Snohomish, Thurston, Wahkiakum, and Whatcom.

Isn't that everyone?  Lol

No, and why was Chelan, Douglas, Okanogan pretty much all of eastern Washington left out?
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 12:24:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No, and why was Chelan, Douglas, Okanogan pretty much all of eastern Washington left out?
View Quote

Maybe they already have participants from those counties?
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 12:59:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

. . . . or those counties will have applied for, and been annexed into the state of Greater Idaho, by the time this hits the courts?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:07:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Fuck Bob Ferguson. In July, I shall live my life as I currently do.

Bury me draped in the Stars and Stripes.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 10:44:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

. . . . or those counties will have applied for, and been annexed into the state of Greater Idaho, by the time this hits the courts?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I live in Okanogan County and have not heard anything but I would a solid proponent of becoming part of Idaho.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm wondering, what constitutes a "permanent" modification of a magazine to 10rds?

Roll pin with epoxy in place?
A limiter installed with epoxy?
Cut down magazine limiting capacity?
Or too vague to determine what the hell it is?
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#25]
When I lived in CA I had to weld a post to the bottom of my magazines that limited them to 10rds. (30 carbine). I believe there are mag plugs for ARs. All I know is im not doing that bullshit again. Turd furgason and that perpetually slobbermouthed idiot Inslee can both kiss my taint.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:22:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
When I lived in CA I had to weld a post to the bottom of my magazines that limited them to 10rds. (30 carbine). I believe there are mag plugs for ARs. All I know is im not doing that bullshit again. Turd furgason and that perpetually slobbermouthed idiot Inslee can both kiss my taint.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/1/2022 7:55:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm wondering, what constitutes a "permanent" modification of a magazine to 10rds?

View Quote

Why would you bother limiting an already legal full capacity mag?

This shit is going to be pretty much unenforceable, even in the few locations where they might try to enforce it.  It will be more of a pain in the ass for wanting to have and use newer model firearms with proprietary mags.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 11:01:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bought some Hex mags that were 'blocked' to 10 rounds from a guy who lived in California.  I took the floor plate out, threw away the spring, capacity block, then dropped in a regular AR-15 magazine.  Voila, I have a full capacity magazine.  That was tough.  Ferguson's magazine ban bill isn't worth the paper it is printed on.  Who can prove my magazine used to hold ten rounds; nobody.  Its a joke law that won't be enforced by any Sheriff other than maybe in the People's Republic of King County.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 4:53:46 PM EDT
[#29]
I can't comment on how good these mags are other than reviews seem favorable. If you need to shore up your ak mags, this might be a good deal for you

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/20-PACK-GERMAN-MARKET-AC-AK47-30RD-MAGS-UNDER-5-EACH-164p8950.htm
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#30]

Thank you for this!
Page / 18
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top