Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2023 1:44:47 PM EDT
You guys should know about this important bill in this years legislative session. Let your representative and senator know you want them to sponsor and support this bill. You can read the full text of the bill here..

https://legislature.idaho.gov/wp-content/uploads/sessioninfo/2023/legislation/S1004.pdf

These are the sponsors as of right now. If your representative or senator isn't on this list, I encourage you to call and email them.

I also hope you know who your representatives and senators are
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 8:45:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like my senator and one of my reps are not on this list.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:56:58 AM EDT
[#2]
North Idaho is well-represented. My congressmen are on there, as well as all my neighboring congressmen.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
North Idaho is well-represented. My congressmen are on there, as well as all my neighboring congressmen.
View Quote

This is N Idaho's newest Senator's bill - Scott Herndon

"The purpose of this legislation is to enhance Idaho's Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground laws. This
legislation protects an individual if they merely threaten the use of force in a lawful self-defense situation, and
it offers a person who uses lawful force a legal opportunity in the courts to claim self-defense immunity. The
legislation also provides opportunities for the recovery of costs in certain prosecutions."

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 10:55:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I would also suggest joining the Idaho 2nd Amendment Alliance. They're actively working hard on issues here at the state level and calling out the Rino's who aren't supporting pro-2a issues.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:05:09 PM EDT
[#5]
My Senator and both Reps are on there.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 10:53:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Both my Reps are on there but my Sen is not.

Any idea why C. Scott Grow would not be on top of this? I don't really know where he is coming from...
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#7]
This bill was passed by both the State Legislature and the Senate and has moved to Little's desk for signature.

Does anyone know how long it takes the Governor to sign a bill? This bill would be a huge win for us.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This bill was passed by both the State Legislature and the Senate and has moved to Little's desk for signature.

Does anyone know how long it takes the Governor to sign a bill? This bill would be a huge win for us.
View Quote

No it did not pass. It's been sitting on the Senate committee's chair's desk. Session has been closed.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No it did not pass. It's been sitting on the Senate committee's chair's desk. Session has been closed.
View Quote

Thanks. I must of misinterpreted the article that I read. This sucks. Prolly the good old boys party with the trial lawyers association.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top