Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2021 7:32:50 PM EDT
S-1048A, Relates to the dangers to the safety and health of the public caused by the sale, manufacturing, importing and marketing of firearms, has been Reported.

Link Posted: 5/18/2021 8:07:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Even if passed...they would never win a court case.

Unless they want to start sueing car manufacturers when someone uses a car to committ a crime.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 6:08:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Captain obvious here......

Do they even read what they write?

While I can not attest to it being factual, please tell me if the following statement is not demeaning and "racist"....

"This  nuisance poses specific harm to New Yorkers
based largely on their zip code and  certain  immutable  characteristics
such as race and ethnicity.  Illegal firearm violence has disproportion-
ately  affected  underserved black and brown neighborhoods in our cities
and throughout the state despite stringent state and local laws  against
the  illegal  possession  of  firearms"

Can "those people" simply not be trusted to not break the law?

Furthermore, why should it be the manufacturer's (or resellers) responsibility if their products were acquired, possessed or used "illegally"?
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 7:07:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Captain obvious here......

Do they even read what they write?
View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 7:47:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Just another reason to believe that after thirty years as an FFL it's time to pack it in and close up.
If the buyer passes the background check, nothing they do criminally with that firearm at some future time is attributable to the dealer being negligent in any way
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 8:37:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just another reason to believe that after thirty years as an FFL it's time to pack it in and close up.
If the buyer passes the background check, nothing they do criminally with that firearm at some future time is attributable to the dealer being negligent in any way
View Quote

Is it targeting dealers?

I think it's going for the big money...the manufacturers.

But I guess if a dealer advertises they are a target now? Any sign in a window is an advertisement I guess too.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:13:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is their goal…….force dealers to close shop

No FFL dealers in NY…..NYers can’t buy guns

I wouldn’t blame you though
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I called and explained to the legislative director of the sponsor that this will simply open up frivolous lawsuits to every gun store in the state... And even if each gun store won the lawsuit, they'd probably still go out of business due to legal expenses...

I told her that was probably the point of the bill which she vehemently denied. Bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 2:51:38 PM EDT
[#8]
If the sponsor feels so strongly that minority communities are being adversely impacted by criminal activity, surely he'll be taking steps to ensure that the recidivist criminals are locked up away from those endangered citizens.
Oh wait, he'd be locking up his voter base..
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If the sponsor feels so strongly that minority communities are being adversely impacted by criminal activity, surely he'll be taking steps to ensure that the recidivist criminals are locked up away from those endangered citizens.
Oh wait, he'd be locking up his voter base..
View Quote

A couple of the legislative directors (from other bills too) actually told me that they are passing some of these gun laws because of the fact that they passed the bail reform law...and it's too easy for criminals to blah blah blah.

I shit you not.

I'm actually about to make a separate post about it here in gd.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 3:20:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

A couple of the legislative directors (from other bills too) actually told me that they are passing some of these gun laws because of the fact that they passed the bail reform law...and it's too easy for criminals to blah blah blah.

I shit you not.

I'm actually about to make a separate post about it here in gd.
View Quote

I believe you
It would be simpler to just lock the criminals back up
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I believe you
It would be simpler to just lock the criminals back up
View Quote

That wouldn't buy them any votes or goodwill in the social justice department.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top