Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2021 10:45:10 PM EDT
What are the options for rural internet in burnet county?
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 11:58:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Think Starlink was blowing everybody out of the water, or will soon.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:20:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Still waiting for Starlink.

You might find a fixed wireless plan but most providers are cracking down on unlimited bandwidth.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:37:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I am in Williamson County but I am rural also and use Rise Broadband and very happy with it.  It is a direct link.  However, it all depends on your location and where their antenna is located.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Think Starlink was blowing everybody out of the water, or will soon.
View Quote

Amazon is also putting $10B into their own version - "Project Kuiper".

The official plan is to use some of Bezos' Blue Origin rockets to launch the satellites.

The reality is that since SpaceX pretty much dominates the satellite launch business already, Amazon may be forced to have some their satellites launched by their main competitor.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Look at Verizon lte home internet and the equivalent from T-Mobile to hold you over until Starlink becomes available to you
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:56:01 PM EDT
[#6]
You might see if your phone or electric co-op has service.  Our telephone co-op has excellent DSL.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 8:35:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I live between Burnet and Marble Falls. We have DSL available, but it is only 2MBs. The only real option right now is satellite or LTE. I use two Verizon jetpacks for internet service with a booster and two antennas. They just added a plan that gives 30GBs before slowing down. As far as speed, it depends on the tower. The Burnet tower off Hwy 29 east only gives me 15MB per second on a good day, where on the Granite Shoals tower I have seen as high as 83MB per second. Verizon LTE Home Internet is not available in this area yet. I can't complain about price since three phone lines and two jetpacks run me less than $190 with military discount.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I live between Pearland and Alvin in Brazoria county (outside of city limits) and the only internet that is available by landline in my area is ATT at 25mbs. They have ratty shit wires and won’t do shit to replace or upgrade the shit wiring despite their own techs coming out multiple times and filling out work orders saying that the wires are crap and need replaced.
ATT is too big (monopoly) and needs to be broken apart again into smaller independent companies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top