Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/20/2020 4:17:47 PM EDT
I've heard from 2 NON-reliable sources we may have some sort of lockdown coming. I'm guessing a shelter in place like what they have in Cali. Thats all I've heard.

If you are in Skagit County and end up in a bad way shoot me a PM. I've food and TP and can help out in an emergency and happy to share.

If you are traveling through Skagit Co and get caught happy to help as needed, I have a tent and back yard. You can use the couch with a deposit of 2 6 packs of beer.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 4:21:19 PM EDT
[#1]
That rumor is spreading like fire over here on the east side also. Curious to see what happens.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That rumor is spreading like fire over here on the east side also. Curious to see what happens.
View Quote
Yep I'm quite curious as well. I think we all know theres going to be a shelter in place coming down the pipe, I'd be supremely surprised if it didnt happen.

I'm pretty well set so not overly worried. I'm well stocked and also have a work from home gig. Hell, the whole damn world can just bugger off and as long as the lights stay on I wouldnt know any different for the first week.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Who is going to enforce it and with what legal authority?

Law enforcement agencies around  may ask you not to open your sit down restaurant but are not about to use force or refer charges for something that has no RCW or WAC code legal backing.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 4:46:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Cant see us not going into lock down.

California,  NY, Illinois,  all in lock down mode.

I am sure Inslee will be happy to do this.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Who is going to enforce it and with what legal authority?

Law enforcement agencies around  may ask you not to open your sit down restaurant but are not about to use force or refer charges for something that has no RCW or WAC code legal backing.
View Quote
Depends on the word from On High. If Inslee says "Keep your ass on your couch or else" you better believe the police will be happy to issue you a citation for not following the Kings Law.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Wonder if thats why my employer didnt shut down yesterday
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#7]
They're either really trying to make sure their disinformation campaign is working or it's nothingburger part II.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/coronavirus-gov-inslee-will-not-issue-shelter-in-place-order-friday-chief-staff-tells-kiro-7/XIDPHMLVOJAAREQ5YCL75367PU/

Link Posted: 3/20/2020 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#8]
LEO aren’t investigating anything but life threatening incidents.

Lockdown = meaningless.

I might go camping.

Or joyriding.

Link Posted: 3/20/2020 9:22:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Watched the presser.  First words out of Jay's mouth were no shelter in place order
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 9:31:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Inslee is hinting at it though, if "more people don't start taking this serious enough", whatever that means.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 10:08:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Inslee is hinting at it though, if "more people don't start taking this serious enough", whatever that means.
View Quote

It means that we have the opportunity to voluntarily comply with the current request to minimize close contact/large group contact, to reduce transmission.  As testing begins to improve in Washington, if the numbers reflect that the virus is being contained then there is no need to institute tougher restrictions.

Yes, he is hinting at the need to step it up if the numbers escalate.

Perhaps this rather dry video will be of some help:

Link Posted: 3/20/2020 10:31:37 PM EDT
[#12]
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=43.06.220

Summary - He can do it, and noncompliance is a gross misdemeanor.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 10:47:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=43.06.220

Summary - He can do it, and noncompliance is a gross misdemeanor.
View Quote

Key words:  "pursuant to proclamation".  He has not given an official proclamation at this time.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 2:01:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Hearing rumors now through the grapevine. Suposidly this will be a federal, nation wide 2 week shutdown. Only grocery stores and pharmacies allowed to be open and otherwise everyone stay home.

Welp, found this on drudge just now

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/breaking-trump-eyes-2-week-quarantine-only-drug-grocery-stores-open
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 2:09:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
LEO aren’t investigating anything but life threatening incidents.

Lockdown = meaningless.

I might go camping.

Or joyriding.

View Quote

Going camping Tuesday and Wednesday, lockdown or not.  Need to get out and exercise and run my dogs for a bit, been cooped up at work and at home for about 6 months now.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 10:08:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 10:28:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Going camping Tuesday and Wednesday, lockdown or not.  Need to get out and exercise and run my dogs for a bit, been cooped up at work and at home for about 6 months now.
View Quote
Came up to Mt baker this morning to watch the sunrise. It's closed so no skiing (boo) but given that man it sure is quiet and peaceful up here this morning (and I get 4g on the peak)
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#18]
City of Bellingham is thinking of declaring Martial law it looks like. Without actually calling it that. Of course gun stores would have to close and it would be illegal to carry or Possess firearms.

@BGENE

You heard anything?
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 11:11:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Came up to Mt baker this morning to watch the sunrise. It's closed so no skiing (boo) but given that man it sure is quiet and peaceful up here this morning (and I get 4g on the peak)
View Quote

Post some pics. I need to get up there.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
City of Bellingham is thinking of declaring Martial law it looks like. Without actually calling it that. Of course gun stores would have to close and it would be illegal to carry or Possess firearms.

@BGENE

You heard anything?
View Quote

What ??  Where you hear that??
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
...... or Possess firearms.
View Quote

Whaaaaaat???! Carry perhaps, but own/possess I dont know about that.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It was posted on the Bellingham Covid-19 site as well.

Whatcom County Emergency Services will have a press briefing at 11am

But rumors are running rampant at this point.
People have also reported National Guard Convoys on I-5
and men in uniform at the Blaine border crossing.
View Quote

Where was it posted?? I was at that site but didnt see it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 2:11:45 PM EDT
[#25]
New cases in Skagit county. They traced it back to a meeting of 60 people earlier this month.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 2:13:39 PM EDT
[#26]

That #9 is boogaloo material right there
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 2:15:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Screw that, I'm carrying no matter what they say or pass. I'm not going to be left defenseless during times of panic or any other time for that matter.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 2:19:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

8 and B I think could be too.

Let's get the party started.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Sure is.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 4:04:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Never mind I found the Agenda.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 5:07:33 PM EDT
[#32]
I've seen that document picture through a different group (not arfcom) and the heading and #s 1& 2 are missing also.

I'm a little bit suspect.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Everywhere is pulling back LEO resources. Who is going to enforce this stuff?
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I've seen that document picture through a different group (not arfcom) and the heading and #s 1& 2 are missing also.

I'm a little bit suspect.
View Quote

Would you like link to the Document??

https://meetings.cob.org/Documents/DownloadFile/Attachment%20-%20EMERGENCY%20ORDINANCE%20-%20AB_%2022609.pdf?documentType=1&meetingId=2215&itemId=14333&publishId=14891&isSection=False&isAttachment=True

Corrected link.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks.

it's worse when you read the whole thing  lol.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 6:12:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Ohio in lock down and North Dakota shortly. Inslee kicked off another tweet (aka Strike 2) yesterday about people not getting serious. Trump just signed off more monies for WA state.

We've already planned for lockdown here in Fort Whatcom three weeks ago.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 6:26:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Inslee kicked off another tweet (aka Strike 2) yesterday about people not getting serious.
View Quote

Got a link to that tweet? Seems #Shutitdownjay has been trending.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:05:12 PM EDT
[#38]
I read the Facebook comments on local news sites and see the overwhelming majority of people are practically BEGGING Inslee to issue a shelter in place order.

It boggles my mind, but a perfect illustration of why we have the political situation that we have in this state even before the virus showed up.

People simply cannot handle being responsible for their own actions.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Inslee was hesitant to lock the state down since it's an election year, but if people don't follow the protocol he'll have no choice and it's not his fault.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:34:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
People simply cannot handle being responsible for their own actions.
View Quote

People are going out in public. Sending their kids to friends houses. If you look around people are grouping up for recreation since they cant work. Big groups at the beach, parks, trailheads, etc.... This thing can spread like wildfire because idiots with mild symptoms thinking they have a cold when really they have corona, are walking around coughing and sneezing everywhere like knuckle dragging tarded apes. Fuckin idiots.

ETA: one of my wifes friends got quarantined because their next door neighbor sent their little girl over to play with their kid. The dad was sick and kept it to himself, so him the wife and their little girl are sick now.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Inslee was hesitant to lock the state down since it's an election year, but if people don't follow the protocol he'll have no choice and it's not his fault.
View Quote

Fuck Inslee, I hope that Asshat doesn't get reelected
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:44:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

People are going out in public. Sending their kids to friends houses. If you look around people are grouping up for recreation since they cant work. Big groups at the beach, parks, trailheads, etc.... This thing can spread like wildfire because idiots with mild symptoms thinking they have a cold when really they have corona, are walking around coughing and sneezing everywhere like knuckle dragging tarded apes. Fuckin idiots.
View Quote

Sounds like your buying into the Democrat hype.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:48:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Sounds like your buying into the Democrat hype.
View Quote

Sounds like you're in denial. Amazing how the dems got china, italy and europe onboard with their "hype." This isn't a political problem, dummy. Go convince someone else with that flu bro shit.

Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:53:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Sounds like you're in denial. Amazing how the dems got china, italy and europe onboard with their "hype." This isn't a political problem, dummy. Go convince someone else with that flu bro shit.

View Quote

What are you talking about? What is flu bro shit? In denial about what?

Link Posted: 3/22/2020 11:03:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Spend the day at Fort Worden State park today and everyone was well behaved.  No large groups, plenty of spacing, etc.

Made us miss our golden retriever though.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 11:14:20 PM EDT
[#46]

So us non-residents are GTG?
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 2:02:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

ETA: one of my wifes friends got quarantined because their next door neighbor sent their little girl over to play with their kid. The dad was sick and kept it to himself, so him the wife and their little girl are sick now.
View Quote

Funny you mention the trailheads, the trailhead for cherry falls out here between duvall/carnation was absolutely PACKED on saturday . I am sure these folks thought it was great getting out of the house but there were so many cars it had to be a clusterfuck on the trail, not good social distancing
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 9:43:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Yeah trails are busy. Overflowing trailhead parking lots.  Had 2 SARs at lake Serene this weekend. Lots of people out there.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 10:08:57 AM EDT
[#49]
We went for a drive the other day, thought we would drive Alki.

It had more people than I've ever seen at Alki on a holiday. All half naked and trying to smash.

No distancing seen at all. Hundreds if not thousands.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
We went for a drive the other day, thought we would drive Alki.

It had more people than I've ever seen at Alki on a holiday. All half naked and trying to smash.

No distancing seen at all. Hundreds if not thousands.
View Quote

Just one thing to do...
Thanks for the PICS!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top