User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2021 10:24:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Bastards should be.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ll believe it when it is signed. Too many times we’ve been in the receiving end of a bait and switch.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 5:14:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ll believe it when it is signed. Too many times we’ve been in the receiving end of a bait and switch.
View Quote

This.

It's been voted on so many times, I don't even check anymore when it comes up; I just always expect it to not pass. All it ever took was a few sheriffs whining about it, and somebody with a weak heart gives in to them and votes no.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 9:34:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 12:44:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 5:19:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I didn’t realize she was in favor of this.  I was thinking if she was going to call a special session, it would be for gambling and a lottery.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 10:16:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I didn’t realize she was in favor of this.  I was thinking if she was going to call a special session, it would be for gambling and a lottery.
View Quote

She might be looking to win back conservatives, since she is going to run for reelection next year and so far, her legacy has been the gas tax and registration fee increases, and locking the state down for most of the past year.....
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I’ll believe it when I see it. I don’t trust a damn word that comes out of Granny O’Daniel’s . . . I mean Ivey’s mouth.

Quoted:

She might be looking to win back conservatives, since she is going to run for reelection next year and so far, her legacy has been the gas tax and registration fee increases, and locking the state down for most of the past year.....
View Quote

That’s what I was thinking. I’ve heard from a lot of people that would normally be solid votes for the (R) side that they (1) hate her, (2) would vote for a rock/stump/clod of dirt before her, (3) wouldn’t vote at all, or (4) any combination of the aforementioned points.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Seriously, what can we all do to see this pass this time?
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 10:34:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I very much look forward to it.
However the reciprocity will keep me applying for permits.
Unless another option presents.
View Quote

Won't affect my life one way or the other.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 2:48:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That’s what I was thinking. I’ve heard from a lot of people that would normally be solid votes for the (R) side that they (1) hate her, (2) would vote for a rock/stump/clod of dirt before her, (3) wouldn’t vote at all, or (4) any combination of the aforementioned points.
View Quote

I'm planning on writing in "None of the above.". She has done nothing to EARN my vote.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm planning on writing in "None of the above.". She has done nothing to EARN my vote.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If enough people do that then the Democrat wins and they always put up a Nut-job.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:29:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Any more news on this possibility?

I've emailed Gov. Ivey.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If enough people do that then the Democrat wins and they always put up a Nut-job.
View Quote

I agree with you, but maybe that's what it would take to get the State Republican Party's attention, so that Republicans won't act like Democrats and then expect us to vote for them anyway.

The problem with voting for the lesser of two evils is that you still get evil!
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Any updates on this?
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 6:06:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Speaker of the House McCutchen is not running for re-election in 2022. Hit him hard to bring it to a floor vote in the next session.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's passed in the senate each time it has come up. It was being blocked by Treadway and Farley from coming out of the Public Safety Committee for a floor vote.

This year, it came out of committee but was to late to get the floor vote. So early passage by the PSC would get it on the legislative agenda sooner.

Got to bug the Speaker of the House https://ballotpedia.org/Mac_McCutcheon to get a floor vote.

Speaker of the House McCutchen is not running for re-election in 2022. Hit him hard to bring it to a floor vote in the next session.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:09:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#20]
If you want it addressed in the special session, you need to discuss it with the governor first.  You have no hope for the other route unless passage is assured… and it’s not.

Article IV Section 76 of the Constitution.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:27:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top