Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2020 9:06:37 PM EDT
My facebook feed just went nuts with folks pissed about BLM marching on Bennington sunday the 30th. Can anyone confirm?
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 6:04:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm (semi-) local. Haven't heard a thing about it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 8:33:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Today 3pm
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you hear how it went?
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 6:41:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Badlatitude:
Today 3pm
View Quote
That was a painting of BLM on South Street, right out front of the cop shop & town hall. I got nothing re: a 'march', protest, etc.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 1:14:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sprocket99] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AR-Eric:
Did you hear how it went?
View Quote

I was by there about 17:45 Sunday. Looked like they had a pretty decent crowd.

The word I get is that it was largely peaceful. There were some arguments, and several instances of shoving, etc. There were apparently 4 or 5 arrests made due to that.

There were some agitators doing things like standing in the way and refusing to move. And one who dumped a water bottle over the fresh paint. She got arrested, from what I hear.

I stopped down by the site this morning expecting to see some bold work across both lanes. Imagine my surprise when I found this:

Looks pretty half-ass to me.

-

ETA coverage from local paper.

https://www.benningtonbanner.com/stories/blm-mural-finished-despite-protests,612554

Link Posted: 9/1/2020 7:15:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Another story, from VT Digger:

https://vtdigger.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ed14c2c9af7fb7bdb837377f1&id=9c479ff200&e=beace852fb
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top