Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2020 6:43:46 AM EDT
I have a stainless Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 5.5" .45 Colt/acp that is just an awesome gun.  However, being a Bisley with a steel grip frame instead of the aluminum on the plow handle guns it's a heavy beast.  

This was one of my must have guns and I love it but I'm not really loving the 5.5" barrel.  I'm considering going to a 4.62" barrel to make it a little easier to carry and a little lighter overall.  That little bit of barrel won't make much difference in performance so no really loss there.  I like the 5.5" barrel on my Bisley New Vaquero but it's a substantially lighter gun over all.  

What do you guys think? This is the gun I'd carry if I were in an area where scary critters live although since I'm still stuck in the city it may never be used in that capacity.  Still, it would make it a little lighter and balance better for me.

Eventually I'd like to have this Bisley Blackhawk with a 4.62" barrel and a matching Bisley Super Blackhawk in .44 magnum but for some reason Ruger just won't make a stainless Bisley SBH .44 mag with a 4.62" and 5.5" barrel that's not a Hunter configuration with frickin scope mounts.  Grrrrr...    Off topic a little but anywho, what say ye?
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#1]
None of you guys has an opinion on single action revolver barrel length?  And you call yourselves gun guys...

It's like arguing over caliber effectiveness, it's mandatory!

You've let me down OKHTF.....now go sit in a corner in shame and think about what you've done. Or haven't done I guess.  Either way.  

I'm not angry with you boys.....I'm just disappointed.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 12:40:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 2:18:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
None of you guys has an opinion on single action revolver barrel length?  And you call yourselves gun guys...

You've let me down OKHTF.....now go sit in a corner in shame and think about what you've done. Or haven't done I guess.  Either way.  

View Quote

Well I could not find an adequate grow stronger meme
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 9:33:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
In the Colt single action pattern I like the slightly longer barrel, the one that is slightly longer than the ejector shroud.
It's strictly an appearance thing.

View Quote

I prefer that one too.  I believe it's 4.5" in the Colt SAA pattern guns.  In the Ruger's it's 4.62".   When I bought our New Vaqueros we had our choice if the 4.62" plow handle style or the 5.5" Bisley.  We went back and forth between the two for a good 45 minutes before deciding on the Bisleys.  

The only reason I went with the 5.5" Blackhawk Bisley was because they don't make it with a 4.62".  I'm leaning heavily towards getting the barrel cut down to 4.62".
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 9:35:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have lost the meme wars.  Please go back to your respawn point and wait for renewal.

Link Posted: 4/4/2020 2:01:15 AM EDT
[#6]
This was a 6” when I got it. I had it cut down. Love it much better with the shorter tube. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 3:23:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This was a 6” when I got it. I had it cut down. Love it much better with the shorter tube. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/116433/A74C3EB5-0985-4A1F-AB78-F9AED61A8883_jpe-1349942.JPG
View Quote

It definitely looks great with the shorter barrel!  I guess I should start looking around for someone who can do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top