Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2023 9:07:13 PM EDT
Houston Gun BuyBack June 10th 8-12

Date: Saturday, June 10, 2023
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Noon)
Location: NRG Park, Yellow Lot, 9051 S Main Street, Houston, TX 77054. This address takes you to Gate# 16 off Main Street which is the Yellow Main Street Lot main gate.

Gift card funding:

$50.00: Non-functioning firearm
$100.00: Shotgun or Rifle (Hunting)
$150.00: Revolver
$150.00: Semi Auto Handgun
$200.00: Rifle Semi-Auto
THERE WILL BE A 25 FIREARM LIMIT PER VEHICLE ONSITE.

The next gun buyback event – which takes place Saturday June 10th at NRG Park in the Yellow lot, 9051 South Main Street – with more money and more lanes to accommodate an expected large turnout.

"June the 10th will be the largest one that we have had," said Mayor Turner. "So that’s our hope that people will really participate and this is an opportunity for people themselves to participate."

The event will be from 8 a.m. to noon. Residents can turn in unwanted firearms and receive gift cards ranging from $50 to $200 depending on the type of firearm collected and if it’s still functioning. "Ghost guns" with no serial numbers or privately manufactured guns will not be accepted at the event.

The event is "no questions asked", and residents can remain anonymous while turning in firearms. HPD will not ask for any personal information, or check to see if anyone has any warrants or records. HPD will check to see if any guns have been stolen or used in a crime.

So if you've got some "Junk" & you'd like to cash out - this Saturday could be your chance.

Don't forget about bringing some cash along because it sometimes happens that deals are waiting to be "scooped" from the nice people waiting in line who want to get rid of grandpa's Colt Python or S&W 29 or similar "icky guns" for some cash instead of gift cards. It will be a target rich buyers environment as everyone there is wanting to get rid of guns for some $.   In the past, I've chatted up other people stuck in the long lines & you would be surprised what they wanted to get rid off.  Be nice to others & you could make it possible for some folks to split early to enjoy the rest of their Saturday without having to wait for an hour or more for "gift cards".

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:09:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, a lower will only get me $50?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:32:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn, a lower will only get me $50?
View Quote

Might as well keep them, right?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Anderson lowers were $29 a few days ago...  $150 for the hi-point, lorcin, jennings

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone heading down there from East Texas?  Have a few junk part guns i can donate to the cause.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:27:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Bump Up for the event today.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:26:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I wish they would do this in DFW.

Driving to Houston would only work for Mothers Day if Newman was my neighbor. IYKYK.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 1:32:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn, they don’t want to get ghost guns off the street?
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 2:09:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Damn, they don’t want to get ghost guns off the street?
View Quote

$150 for your ghost Glock
$200 for your ghost AR-15

receivers only not so much
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 2:14:27 PM EDT
[#9]
"Ghost guns" with no serial numbers or privately manufactured guns will not be accepted at the event.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 2:40:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"Ghost guns" with no serial numbers or privately manufactured guns will not be accepted at the event.
View Quote

Gotcha

I guess they do not want to get Glock Switches off the streets either. Hard to believe they would go with NQA if someone showed up with a working one
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:02:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Dallas should follow suit
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:22:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Any AAR?
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 6:53:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Any AAR?
View Quote

Was run MUCH Better than the last one that Harris County Commissioner Rodney Ellis ran - (that was a total & complete FUBAR Cluster Fnck!)

They location didn't leave gun buyers much space to operate from, as there was no place for cars to pull off & talk to them before pulling on the Reliant Stadium property.  The street was fairly busy and anyone stopping was immediate P.A.ed by the P.D. NOT to stop and keep moving.

I pulled into a little alcove where they authorities had placed clones to block any traffic from turning where the "buy buyers" were and within 10 seconds I had a Police Car (Houston Metro Police) on my Bumper telling me it was a no parking zone. All I had done was pull over & roll down my window to ask how they were doing.

Once onto the Reliant Stadium lot, there was a VERY Active H.P.D. presence with cops in plate carriers riding ATVs all up & down the line looking for "something"...

We were stopped for a while and the guy ahead of me had on a Astros cap so I shouted out "Great Hat" .  He got out and came back and we were just standing outside our vehicles shooting the shit about the Astros slump and what nice day it was - of course several officers rode up to tell us we shouldn't be out of our cars.  We remarked he hadn't moved in 30 minutes so we were "stretching our legs" and went back to talking.  Cop finally rode off on his ATV.

The guy I was talking with was getting rid of a bunch of Hurricane Harvey flood damaged guns.  Several were rusticles - but he had a Luger that had belonged to his grandfather (a bring back from WWI).  I told him even though it looked rough, for a couple hundred dollars or so it could be cleaned up and he definitely shouldn't get rid of it - especially for what the event was paying.

At the collection tables (had 6 lanes), the Authorities ensured the guns were empty, determined the general type (which determined how much the compensation would be).

Photo of back of HPD Van with "tubs".   There were about 5 of those vans

Most of what I saw being "bought back" was shitty old pistols Saturday Night Special pistols and Fudd single shot shotguns or .22 rifles.  I didn't see any pristine gas trap Garands nor HK-91s, Pre-64 Winchesters, $20,000 Italian over & unders or custom bespoke fine English side by sides.  Not a single any Safari .416 Riggs or .460 .   Just generally cheap shitty & rusty guns.

At the collection tables, from what I could see - the most interesting were a Braced AR-15 Pistol & one of those Mossburg "Tactical" 30-30 abominations.

The Black lady cop on left has that Mossburg "Tactical 30-30" (you can really only see the back of the adjustable stock) & the Hispanic lady on Right has the braced AR pistol.

Total collected was 1,446 consisting of (By Houston Police Department's count) 275 revolvers, 490 semi-automatic handguns, 228 shotguns, 265 hunting rifles, and 188 semi-automatic rifles.

Overall disappointed I didn't really have any opportunity to try to "work the line" outside the facility.  Brought $800 for that exact purposes.  But the authorities have better figured how to get people into the lot (where they control access completely) as quickly as possible to prevent "unsanctioned buying & selling".

Bigger_Hammer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top