Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2020 3:57:25 PM EDT
Rolla city council is holding a special session and public hearing Monday 23 November at 1800 to decide whether or not to force a mask mandate on citizens and impose occupancy limitations on businesses and other venues.  Based on what I observed at the last city council meeting, they've already decided; they're just doing this for appearance.  There are two communists on the city council that are really pushing this along with their ilk they get to call in on Zoom.  The mayor and most of the other council members don't have the stones to stand up against them so this will probably pass.  

Yay for Rolla.

UPDATE 1 February 2021

City council failed to extend the mandate to 17 March.  They voted tonight 6-5 to extend but commie woman wasn't there and was not on Zoom so she didn't vote.  Needed 7 to have a majority of council members so if she'd have voted, they would have extended the ordinance.  

I'm guessing they'll relook the issue at the next council meeting after the mayor, city manager and other commie leaning council members get the hospital to say how bad it is and they need the mandate back.  Gotta get the fear back out there.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 9:24:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes its unbelievable but there is a far left wing group that has infiltrated local politics. The University is very supportive of these people as well as burn loot murder and the legalize pot crowd and various alphabet people.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#2]
And they approved it as we all knew they would.  Didn't even give any credence to the public.  They had the hospital people up there first and scattered throughout the public comment time.  Fear mongering was rampant in their comments along with some of the city council critters.  There were three that voted no but the others were in lock step and voted yes.  On the plus side, there were a lot more citizens there against it than for it.

They did a first and second reading and they were supposed to have a 2/3 majority vote yes to do the second reading.  They did not have that.  They had 5 vote no on the second reading for the night but they did it anyway and voted on the mandate.  It's being looked at but to me that means the measure is null and void since they violated procedure if not law.  Hopefully it will be overturned.  Course, they'll just vote on it again and vote it in.

Oh, and Phelps county voted their own mandate in too.  Yay.  Two of the three county commissioners voted yes and one of them is being replaced in January but the elected Republican candidate.  We'll have two R's on the county commission then.  Maybe they'll get rid of it.  Who knows.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And they approved it as we all knew they would.  Didn't even give any credence to the public.  They had the hospital people up there first and scattered throughout the public comment time.  Fear mongering was rampant in their comments along with some of the city council critters.  There were three that voted no but the others were in lock step and voted yes.  On the plus side, there were a lot more citizens there against it than for it.

They did a first and second reading and they were supposed to have a 2/3 majority vote yes to do the second reading.  They did not have that.  They had 5 vote no on the second reading for the night but they did it anyway and voted on the mandate.  It's being looked at but to me that means the measure is null and void since they violated procedure if not law.  Hopefully it will be overturned.  Course, they'll just vote on it again and vote it in.

Oh, and Phelps county voted their own mandate in too.  Yay.  Two of the three county commissioners voted yes and one of them is being replaced in January but the elected Republican candidate.  We'll have two R's on the county commission then.  Maybe they'll get rid of it.  Who knows.
View Quote

Wow I didn't realize Phelps co mandated it too. I have a lot of employees working in the county and forwarded them all the Rolla requirements but I hadn't seen anything for out of town.

Thanks for the heads up, most of us know its all BS but when representing a company I want them all to follow the rules. I'll do some research and see what all it entails.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 9:26:43 PM EDT
[#4]
several people said obviously your mind is already made up and that seems true. The new incoming member is a personal friend and a good guy.  I wonder if the SC rulling yesterday will change there tune on church restrictions.  
 The other thing that got me was the hospital claims they are overwhelmed by 20 some covid cases that they have to keep. Considering the size of the area they service it sounds like they need to drastically increase the facility. They also need to decide if the hospital is there to operate as a profitable business or a government entity to ensure public safety
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:18:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Rolla city council is holding a special session and public hearing Monday 23 November at 1800 to decide whether or not to force a mask mandate on citizens and impose occupancy limitations on businesses and other venues.  Based on what I observed at the last city council meeting, they've already decided; they're just doing this for appearance.  There are two communists on the city council that are really pushing this along with their ilk they get to call in on Zoom.  The mayor and most of the other council members don't have the stones to stand up against them so this will probably pass.  

Yay for Rolla.
View Quote

Ask me if I miss that city.

We have mask mandates all over the place down here. I wear one because I have comorbidities and this shit can kill you if you catch it. I wear a mask, not because I'm told I have to but because I want to protect my health and that of those around me. One thing is for certain. Darwinism is alive and well and working to remove the genes of the stupid from our collective pool so go ahead and don't wear a mask. You probably will survive if you catch it. If you don't, well it was your right to not wear the mask.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

We have mask mandates all over the place down here. I wear one because I have comorbidities and this shit can kill you if you catch it. I wear a mask, not because I'm told I have to but because I want to protect my health and that of those around me. One thing is for certain. Darwinism is alive and well and working to remove the genes of the stupid from our collective pool so go ahead and don't wear a mask. You probably will survive if you catch it. If you don't, well it was your right to not wear the mask.
View Quote

Thank God you moved to Oklahoma
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 12:00:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Interesting. Wouldn't have expected that kind of response from you.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 9:16:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yay for Rolla.

The people dying were very unlikely to reproduce...
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I have to argue against clothe and paper masks. All of my Nuclear, BIOLOGICAL, And Chemical Warfare training along with all the civilian/OSHA training to work in hazardous environments have been that you must wear a mask with good filters that actually covers and seals to your face to do any good. Now will a clothe mask help keep an infected person from spreading a disease? Yes it will. But it won't help keep you from catching one.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:05:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want to live. We are running 3000-5000 new cases per day and our ICUs are at near max capacity. With my comorbidities if I do catch this crap it will probably kill me. I don't think anyone should be forced to wear a mask. I think wearing one is smart but it's not illegal to be stupid. 95% of those who get it will survive. I'm not lucky enough to be low risk. Ask anyone gasping for breath in an ICU if they had it to do differently.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 1:06:48 PM EDT
[#11]
A mask is not going to keep anyone from getting it anyway so asking them if they would do anything differently would be pointless.  We have a lady in our church who is paranoid about getting it and took every precaution imaginable.  She just got it.  Her mask didn't help her.  

I hope you don't get it but mask mandates are about nothing but forcing compliance on people and getting them to do what the government wants without question.  Roughly 98% of those who get it recover so it's not about health.  It's about control.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 3:07:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A mask is not going to keep anyone from getting it anyway so asking them if they would do anything differently would be pointless.  We have a lady in our church who is paranoid about getting it and took every precaution imaginable.  She just got it.  Her mask didn't help her.  

I hope you don't get it but mask mandates are about nothing but forcing compliance on people and getting them to do what the government wants without question.  Roughly 98% of those who get it recover so it's not about health.  It's about control.
View Quote

Fear is a powerful thing
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have to argue against clothe and paper masks. All of my Nuclear, BIOLOGICAL, And Chemical Warfare training along with all the civilian/OSHA training to work in hazardous environments have been that you must wear a mask with good filters that actually covers and seals to your face to do any good. Now will a clothe mask help keep an infected person from spreading a disease? Yes it will. But it won't help keep you from catching one.
View Quote

That is the whole point of the mask mandate: to keep carriers from spreading it as much.  The selfish "that mask is just for control and won't help me not catch it" line is a childish load of crap based on not understanding what the masks are meant to do.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That is the whole point of the mask mandate: to keep carriers from spreading it as much.  The selfish "that mask is just for control and won't help me not catch it" line is a childish load of crap based on not understanding what the masks are meant to do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I do know what the masks are for and how they work. And if the paper or clothe masks work so well, why aren't they mandated each and every year during flu season?

And AS you quoted my post, there is nothing in my post where I mentioned anything about people control. My comment was solely based on all of my training and personal experience both in the military and civilian world. And yes I have had to deal with destroying chemical and biological weapons. And we sure did NOT wear just a mask that only covered our mouth and nose.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 11:10:32 AM EDT
[#15]
The control thing wasn't necessarily directed at you, sorry for giving that impression.

Why don't they mandate masks for flu season?  There's a few reasons, the biggest being that there is a vaccine, which is admittedly a best guess crapshoot for effectiveness.  Next is the fact that influenza spreads through contact with surfaces extremely well in addition to the airborne droplet route that covid takes so masks would be far less effective anyway.  We also understand the complications with the flu far better than long term covid complications which so far seem to involve far more organs such as the brain.

But most importantly the flu kills far fewer people annually than covid did in 2020 even if you cut the official number by anything less than a factor of 10.  (despite flu deaths with preexisting conditions not being declared a hoax like people do with covid)

Covering yourself to protect from bio weapons is meant to keep yourself from being infected (despite most MOPP gear being damn near useless for it, hey guess who else got trained on that?).  The mask, again, is meant to keep the already covid infected people that aren't showing symptoms yet from spreading it as much.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 1:39:05 PM EDT
[#16]
And that is why you quarantine the sick NOT the healthy. That is how it has been done with all other pandemics. And Yes I will stick to the fact that the paper/clothe masks don't work to protect anyone. Especially when no one wears them correctly.  

Also why is it that we are not seeing much of any reported deaths from the Flu like we normally do every year. Oh that's right, they are counting those deaths as COVID deaths. I don't care who you are, if you actually take the time to do some research and really look at the numbers, too many deaths from other reasons are being counted as COVID deaths. Even doctors that are willing to tell the truth and not toe the line will tell you that the survival rate for COVID is 98%-99%.

While I am not a conspiracy theorist, you would have to be blind to not see how the American public is being manipulated with everything that has gone on this year.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:46:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Update #2:  Phelps County Commissioners declined to renew the county mandate as well.  We're free again!  (except on Missouri S&T's campus.  Doc Goodfella still has a bone to pick with freedom loving folks).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top