Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2021 11:55:33 PM EDT
I need to try and find like minded members in the Rogue Valley. Being a new member, I would expect a fair amount of suspicion, but these days, I think that everyone will have to look at the guy on their left and the guy on their right and assume that one of them isn't on your side. When you start trusting someone enough to bring them into your home and meet your family, and they do the same, a more frank conversation may happen. But even then I feel that the things that can be safely said shouldn't be much different than those you could post on a forum, and those conversations we must assume to be read (or heard) by those that mean to do us harm. The parallels of what is happening and what would occur during a major, long term natural disaster are considerations of how conversations should be phrased in terms of preparations. Discussions about the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, Bill of Rights and the Amendments will have relevance in todays world. The history and tactics of the Revolutionary and Civil Wars should be studied. Activities such as hiking, map reading, communications, fishing, hunting and shooting provide the best form of training for many real world possibilities. Everyone is going to need to vent, but we need to rely on each other NOT to let us say or act in a manner that would threaten the freedom of the individual or the group. If the time comes for action, no extensive conversation will be required and no one committed to a cause will need convincing, It will not be subtle or obscure when the time is truly right, it will just happen. Sorry for the long post and God Bless America.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:36:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Please understand members are hesitant.  No offense intended.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:16:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I would also add that the Oregon forum as a whole is quiet. An interesting fact, I saw a member today that is a life member on this site since 2005. They life 15 miles from me and I had never seen or heard from them on here until today. I personally have a small group of friends, that have a very like mind, and none of them are on this board that i am aware of. I have shared many things from here with them and not once has any of them said "I am there as well" All of them are enthusiasts and most have AR's. You may well find that the group you are looking for is not actually in the Oregon forums. I personally only wander in here now and again, look at how long it took me to see this post. I read as much of the tech forums as i can.

Now, with the being said, I am in the Rogue Valley.

@msgriff
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:33:52 AM EDT
[#3]
It’s funny. I just read something in gd and thought I’d look over here. Rogue valley resident since birth.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Since you are a new member (under 1 year, joined in 2020), don't expect your inbox to fill up and if it does....
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:19:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top