Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2020 8:45:54 PM EDT
...by Jews for denying full carry

Hope they win
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 7:47:51 AM EDT
[#1]
They could always adopt Long Island style licensing and let the PD do it. Then nobody gets one
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They could always adopt Long Island style licensing and let the PD do it. Then nobody gets one
View Quote
They are suing judges for restricting permits. I see it as a positive development.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 2:30:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

They are suing judges for restricting permits. I see it as a positive development.
View Quote
I agree.

"Sue Everybody!"
- Sol Rosenberg
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 2:31:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Much like Tim Whatley... Ill be converting soon. It not just for the jokes Jerry...
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I know a young woman, late 20s, who was denied full carry a few months ago in Rockland...Liberal judge was a total asshole.

I told her to carry anyway.

The dream would be that this case is teed up for a decision right after SCOTUS declares the 2nd applicable outside the home with strict scrutiny...but that is far fetched.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Are any organizations supporting the legal effort?
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Hell yeah....you'd think NYSRPA would wanna get involved
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 8:17:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hell yeah....you'd think NYSRPA would wanna get involved
View Quote
Hahahahaha!

You do know how NYSRPA gets involved when other groups and individuals try to fight against gun control right?
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 8:36:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I’d love to see the Second Amendment Foundation assist in that case. Seems like something they would be good at.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'd love to see the Second Amendment Foundation assist in that case. Seems like something they would be good at.
View Quote
I find it all very amusing. Cuomo hates guns and would be happy to outlaw possession of anything that goes "bang" by everyone not connected with the government (or rich like the few CCW holders in New York City) if he could figure out a way to do it with the blessing of the courts.

Meanwhile, a constituency (Orthodox Jews) that can absolutely guarantee a 100% vote for a politician as directed by a Grand Rebbe, perhaps on the order of 90,000 votes based on recent statistics, is suddenly making noises about wanting to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights that New York, for decades, has suppressed. So, what will the governor do? If he puts pressure on the judges to allow the Orthodox to carry, he opens up the door to allowing everyone else to carry OR facing even more lawsuits over equal protection.

This will be interesting to watch. It was interesting to see my former public library on NY-59 (Finkelstein) in the news this week
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are any organizations supporting the legal effort?
View Quote
Yes. 2ANYS. Yeah they're new kinds on the block, but it's not like the old kids have done much. We'll see.

https://www.2anys.com/2020/02/2nd-amendment-advocates-announce-lawsuit-against-rockland-county-ny-judges/

It's not just the Jews, but it's nice to have the pro-2a part of the local Jewish community onboard.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 7:38:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I find it all very amusing. Cuomo hates guns and would be happy to outlaw possession of anything that goes "bang" by everyone not connected with the government (or rich like the few CCW holders in New York City) if he could figure out a way to do it with the blessing of the courts.

Meanwhile, a constituency (Orthodox Jews) that can absolutely guarantee a 100% vote for a politician as directed by a Grand Rebbe, perhaps on the order of 90,000 votes based on recent statistics, is suddenly making noises about wanting to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights that New York, for decades, has suppressed. So, what will the governor do? If he puts pressure on the judges to allow the Orthodox to carry, he opens up the door to allowing everyone else to carry OR facing even more lawsuits over equal protection.

This will be interesting to watch. It was interesting to see my former public library on NY-59 (Finkelstein) in the news this week
View Quote
They've always been able to carry, see: Shomrim Patrol - last decade it just cost $16k and the right people.  Now they they've closed down the corruption at 1PP (allegedly) I guess they are looking for other solutions.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 12:26:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yes. 2ANYS. Yeah they're new kinds on the block, but it's not like the old kids have done much. We'll see.

https://www.2anys.com/2020/02/2nd-amendment-advocates-announce-lawsuit-against-rockland-county-ny-judges/

It's not just the Jews, but it's nice to have the pro-2a part of the local Jewish community onboard.
View Quote
Who are these people? Never heard of them and their website is not full of information. In fact the one video about the pistol permits looks like a terrible, cheaply made infomercial.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Who are these people? Never heard of them and their website is not full of information. In fact the one video about the pistol permits looks like a terrible, cheaply made infomercial.
View Quote
https://www.reddit.com/r/NYguns/comments/ew5w7i/to_my_fellow_new_yorkers_we_have_started_a_new/
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 4:34:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Dear Leader does not need, let alone care about the 90k votes the Grand Rebbie can deliver. His margin of victory was over one million votes in 2018. On the other hand, local politicians and county judges should take notice and should be made to fear that large of a voting block.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NYguns/comments/ew5w7i/to_my_fellow_new_yorkers_we_have_started_a_new/
View Quote
Do we know anything about these guys other than what's posted here? I find it a little odd they break the news on reddit and not through some other 2A channel but I'm not a reddit person either
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Dear Leader does not need, let alone care about the 90k votes the Grand Rebbie can deliver. His margin of victory was over one million votes in 2018. On the other hand, local politicians and county judges should take notice and should be made to fear that large of a voting block.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
90K is Rockland. What if the voting directive is also passed to Brooklyn, Orange County (ex. Kiryas Joel) and Sullivan County (ex. Liberty). You are talking even larger numbers. The Satmar and Lubavitch tend to vote as one block. Maybe Cuomo is willing to pi$$ them off but I suspect he will find a way to accommodate them and screw the rest of us. Cuomo's daddy would make a big splash in Monsey to get their support.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Do we know anything about these guys other than what's posted here? I find it a little odd they break the news on reddit and not through some other 2A channel but I'm not a reddit person either
View Quote
It wasn’t just Reddit. I saw it an at least a dozen other places, as well as some mainstream media articles.

They are legitimate.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 8:04:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They've always been able to carry, see: Shomrim Patrol- last decade it just cost $16k and the right people.  Now they they've closed down the corruption at 1PP (allegedly) I guess they are looking for other solutions.
View Quote
And Shmira.

Link Posted: 2/26/2020 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#21]
WTF is that
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 7:13:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
WTF is that
View All Quotes
Shmira ESU.

https://twitter.com/CWSPshmira
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:04:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Shmira ESU.

View All Quotes
There is also Hatzalah.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatzalah
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

There is also Hatzalah.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatzalah
View Quote
Can't blame them for wanting to take care of their communities, but it's frustrating to see any group officially empowered to do things others are forbidden from/would be arrested for just because of corrupt politics.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 10:19:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Shmira ESU.

View Quote
Are these people armed or they're like Jewish auxiliary?
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:27:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Can't blame them for wanting to take care of their communities, but it's frustrating to see any group officially empowered to do things others are forbidden from/would be arrested for just because of corrupt politics.
View Quote
Agreed 100%
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:14:05 AM EDT
[#27]
make your own shmira with blackjack and hookers?
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Are these people armed or they're like Jewish auxiliary?
View Quote
Both?

I would venture to say that some of them have full carry (or at least did up until a few years ago) but it's not an armed service officially AFAIK. Their approach is kind of the surround and drown and kick the shit out of purse snatchers and the like.  Which is righteous, a bit comical, but fairly effective.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 6:23:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Their approach is kind of the surround and drown and kick the shit out of purse snatchers and the like.  Which is righteous, a bit comical, but fairly effective.
View Quote
There was a video on YouTube from two years ago where a cyclist in Brooklyn (wearing a helmet camera and recorded the whole thing) was side swiped by a Hasidic driver in a station wagon (a very common site during my days in Monsey). The neighborhood "security" went into full response mode and went after the cyclist who was technically the victim in the incident. They can really mess you up without needing any guns.

I tried searching for the video but the returns on "brooklyn cyclist accident" returns hundreds of hits, with many being news stories of fatalities. Not going to find it again any time soon.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Perhaps they should (continue) the Diamond District style of Licensing: Shoot, Shovel, Shut-up.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They'll probably give the Jews in the lawsuits full carry and go back to denying everyone
View Quote
That's what seems to happen with Licenses applications: Somebody starts making a racket with the Sheriff's Dept. not getting the job done and "magically" their Licenses is approved and they go on their happy and fuck everybody else that didn't get theirs.

The NYSRPA v. NYC Case addresses this very thing: The arbitrary issuances of Licenses based on the whims of Clerks.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 7:07:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Hahahahaha!

You do know how NYSRPA gets involved when other groups and individuals try to fight against gun control right?
View Quote
NYSRPA has to be invited into Litigations, the individual must be and have been a Member before the action, and there must be a legitimate need for involvement as well as something that really can be done.

You'd be amazed at the number of calls every week from people that fucked up and want NYSRPA and/or the NRA to help them: first question: Are you a Member?  that "no" answer end the Party before it ever begins.

Lots of the members here on arfcom have been around for a decade or more and are not fools, however there are many that talk a lot of shit about things they really know not of.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 9:32:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
That's what seems to happen with Licenses applications: Somebody starts making a racket with the Sheriff's Dept. not getting the job done and "magically" their Licenses is approved and they go on their happy and fuck everybody else that didn't get theirs.

The NYSRPA v. NYC Case addresses this very thing: The arbitrary issuances of Licenses based on the whims of Clerks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They'll probably give the Jews in the lawsuits full carry and go back to denying everyone

Unfortunately I don't think the case asks that question. It really is only asking if it's unconstitutional to ban the unloaded, locked up transport of a pistol to a range or second home. That's about it. It's a stepping stone to saying the 2nd applies outside the home...but a far cry from shall issue.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#34]
didnt a western ny judge get sued over this exact issue and lost and now has to issue unrestricted permits?
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:43:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
didnt a western ny judge get sued over this exact issue and lost and now has to issue unrestricted permits?
View Quote
Personally I think this is a rumor. If it were true why hasn't NRA\SAF\NYSERPA used the case against any court that still issues restricted licenses?
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 8:45:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You'd be amazed at the number of calls every week from people that fucked up and want NYSRPA and/or the NRA to help them: first question: Are you a Member?  that "no" answer end the Party before it ever begins.

View Quote
And there you have it....
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Personally I think this is a rumor. If it were true why hasn't NRA\SAF\NYSERPA used the case against any court that still issues restricted licenses?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Im not sure its totally bunk...  seeing I was one that had one of them PP and was subject to more freedom.  Ill look into it more.  I believe before the lawsuit carried on, said judge retired and was replaced with more of a judge that obeys the law.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 5:50:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Im not sure its totally bunk...  seeing I was one that had one of them PP and was subject to more freedom.  Ill look into it more.  I believe before the lawsuit carried on, said judge retired and was replaced with more of a judge that obeys the law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like I said, it never happened.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top