Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2020 12:25:38 PM EDT
Word from Greece police detective I know is that there is intel and sources in Buffalo that the Rochester area is going to be active with looting and destruction again friday. I didn't get many other details. I know I'm new here and understand that there is probably skepticism.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Have heard the same rumors.  NYSP had a big presence on the interstates this afternoon.  Hope it fizzles out.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]
400 troopers headed to Rochester tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 9:01:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Wonder if RPD will stand by and watch again.  

Of course, the mayor says the violent ones are from outside the area, whereas those arrested by RPD for arson and destruction were all Rochester residents.  So I’m rather confused.  Sounds like the mayor is calling the shots and the narrative.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 10:07:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Well the downtown county offices are closed today in anticipation of activity.
In today's paper: The Speedway gas station on Lake Ave. ( the only one around for miles) was looted and destroyed enough that company advised the landlord they will not reopen. Thank the "peaceful" protesters for this and the other businesses they F'ed up.

More business owners need to have a plan in place to protect their business location from future looters, as it seems the RPD has been ordered to stand down pretty much. Thanks Lovely.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 12:12:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Bob Morgan isn't going to be around to pump development money into Rochester anymore. Bad is going to get worse here after these riots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top