Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2021 7:10:36 PM EDT
Well, I just breezed thru 3 interviews, and got myself another job.   The company I'm working for now is definitely going to have an opening.  I figured I'd at least put this out there, I'd like to help them find someone soon, even though they don't know yet.    The office is currently in Victor, but they'll be moving to another office in Henrietta over the summer.  There's a decent amount of driving with the job, I'm getting between $150 and $250 a week in mileage pay at $.56/mi.  The pay isn't fantastic, the benefits are typical medical/dental/vision, medical leave (well, NY mandated now, 56 hours), and accrued PTO, and they're an ESOP company.   Everyone is spaced out enough in the office so masks are only needed when you're making deliveries of repaired units or picking up broken ones, which is usually no more than 5-10 minutes.  The territory you'd cover is pretty much Wayne county and northeastern Ontario county.  PM me if you think it's something you'd be interested in, and as soon as I get my offer letter, and let the current company know, I'll spill the beans.

I'm currently waiting for HR to do their stuff at the new place, which... well, I dunno how quick they get to stuff like this, they're a huge company.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 1:22:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on the new Job!
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:07:03 AM EDT
[#2]
You had me at, "The pay isn't fantastic"
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#3]
It's above minimum wage.  But below $25/hr. Yea, not for everyone. I knew this was a temporary thing for me.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Getting closer to fo time. I'll say it pays $20/hr. Good for a younger person who's good with working on these things.  And the "Engineer" title looks good on a resume. One coworker is very pro 2a, one is fairly neutral but leans conservative, one seems more left leaning, but they're all good to work with.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 8:10:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's the job posting.

Maybe decent for a younger person that wants to get into IT.  Even though they say A+ is required, you'll have a year to get it.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Good news, glad to hear that you’re back on the income tax rolls
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top