Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2021 7:02:10 PM EDT
Made it a point today to shake his hand at Montross festival. Good guy.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 10:07:47 AM EDT
[#1]
When I pressed about the highly unnatural vote progression in VA in the early hours I got back a very well researched explanation of how it just doesn't matter because people have been crying about voter fraud forever.  

I gave up on him as soon as I read this line:

Now is the time to turn the page. I believe our focus now needs to be on unifying our Nation and moving forward as one
View Quote

He's another swamper as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah not a fan of Wittman.  What exactly has he done to further our interests? What bills has he presented or written?  Just another lifelong politician for the sake of being a politician
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is what he sent out this morning….ask around what other Representatives are doing…betcha Luria isn’t…

As a gun owner and adamant supporter of the Second Amendment, I believe that the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms must be diligently protected. In fact, my action in Congress consistently earns top scores from organizations like the National Rifle Association (NRA) and the Firearm Industry Trade Association. These scores are determined based on various criteria such as voting history, sponsoring and co-sponsoring legislation, and generally advocating on behalf of and protecting individuals’ Second Amendment rights.

Here are just a few of the many recent examples of how I have worked to preserve and protect your Second Amendment rights:

Leading the fight against gun-grabbing “Red Flag” provisions:  

The recent House-passed National Defense Authorization Act that contains the concerning “red flag” provision is not the final version of the bill. To be abundantly clear: I do not support the inclusion of this provision, and I have received bipartisan assurances that this provision will be removed in the final product that gets signed into law. This same provision was included in last year’s House-passed NDAA, but when working with the Senate as a conferee on the final version of the bill, I successfully fought for the removal of red flag provisions.
To fight against this “red flag” gun grab, I sent a letter to the Chairs and Ranking Members of both the House and Senate Armed Services Committees urging for the full removal of this provision. Rest assured, I will make sure this provision is removed before supporting its final passage. Read the full letter here.
Fighting Against Burdensome Regulations:

When the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) recently proposed a burdensome “Stabilizer Brace” tax and regulation on legitimate firearms typically used by veterans with disabilities and millions of other law abiding Americans, I quickly took action by:
Joining over 140 of my colleagues in urging the Department of Justice to withdraw this proposed rule, pointing out that the ATF itself has even acknowledged that there are legitimate uses for certain stabilizing braces and that this tax would only serve as a direct tax on disabled combat veterans and law-abiding Americans.
Co-sponsoring the Protecting Individual Sovereignty Through Our Laws Act (PISTOL Act), which would prevent the Biden Administration from enforcing this rule and arduously regulating pistol braces.
This rule would not only hurt veterans, but it would make millions of law-abiding citizens felons overnight unless they turn in or destroy their firearm, destroy the brace, or pay a $200 tax. I will continue to advocate against this rule and others like it that will infringe on the rights of law-abiding Americans.

Opposing legislation that would infringe on Second Amendment rights:

I have, and will continue to actively oppose, advocate against, and vote against legislation that would deprive law-abiding citizens exercising their Second Amendment Rights, such as:

H.R. 8, the Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2021, which would effectively criminalize gun transfers or sales without government permission.
H.R. 1446, the Enhanced Background Checks Act of 2021, which would create arbitrary delays and infringe on millions of Americans’ 2nd Amendment right to defend themselves and their families.
Contrary to what many Democrats have stated, these bills would do nothing to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals and would only strip millions of law-abiding citizens of their Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. That is why I voted against these bills and why I will continue to fight against big-government assaults on your Second Amendment rights. To read more about why I opposed these misguided bills, click here.

These are just a few examples of the many ways I am leading the fight for the defense of your Second Amendment rights in Washington. Unfortunately, many Democrats continue to make it harder for law-abiding Americans to defend themselves. This is unacceptable. Please know I will always stand up for my constituents’ Constitutional rights - I am committed to preserving the rights of all law-abiding individuals to purchase, possess, and use firearms for legitimate purposes. If you would like to learn more and stay up-to-date on how I am continuing to advocate on your behalf, click here.

Sincerely,
Rob
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 11:43:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here is what he sent out this morning….ask around what other Representatives are doing…betcha Luria isn’t…

As a gun owner and adamant supporter of the Second Amendment, I believe that the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms must be diligently protected. In fact, my action in Congress consistently earns top scores from organizations like the National Rifle Association (NRA) and the Firearm Industry Trade Association. These scores are determined based on various criteria such as voting history, sponsoring and co-sponsoring legislation, and generally advocating on behalf of and protecting individuals’ Second Amendment rights.

Here are just a few of the many recent examples of how I have worked to preserve and protect your Second Amendment rights:

Leading the fight against gun-grabbing “Red Flag” provisions:  

The recent House-passed National Defense Authorization Act that contains the concerning “red flag” provision is not the final version of the bill. To be abundantly clear: I do not support the inclusion of this provision, and I have received bipartisan assurances that this provision will be removed in the final product that gets signed into law. This same provision was included in last year’s House-passed NDAA, but when working with the Senate as a conferee on the final version of the bill, I successfully fought for the removal of red flag provisions.
To fight against this “red flag” gun grab, I sent a letter to the Chairs and Ranking Members of both the House and Senate Armed Services Committees urging for the full removal of this provision. Rest assured, I will make sure this provision is removed before supporting its final passage. Read the full letter here.
Fighting Against Burdensome Regulations:

When the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) recently proposed a burdensome “Stabilizer Brace” tax and regulation on legitimate firearms typically used by veterans with disabilities and millions of other law abiding Americans, I quickly took action by:
Joining over 140 of my colleagues in urging the Department of Justice to withdraw this proposed rule, pointing out that the ATF itself has even acknowledged that there are legitimate uses for certain stabilizing braces and that this tax would only serve as a direct tax on disabled combat veterans and law-abiding Americans.
Co-sponsoring the Protecting Individual Sovereignty Through Our Laws Act (PISTOL Act), which would prevent the Biden Administration from enforcing this rule and arduously regulating pistol braces.
This rule would not only hurt veterans, but it would make millions of law-abiding citizens felons overnight unless they turn in or destroy their firearm, destroy the brace, or pay a $200 tax. I will continue to advocate against this rule and others like it that will infringe on the rights of law-abiding Americans.

Opposing legislation that would infringe on Second Amendment rights:

I have, and will continue to actively oppose, advocate against, and vote against legislation that would deprive law-abiding citizens exercising their Second Amendment Rights, such as:

H.R. 8, the Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2021, which would effectively criminalize gun transfers or sales without government permission.
H.R. 1446, the Enhanced Background Checks Act of 2021, which would create arbitrary delays and infringe on millions of Americans’ 2nd Amendment right to defend themselves and their families.
Contrary to what many Democrats have stated, these bills would do nothing to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals and would only strip millions of law-abiding citizens of their Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. That is why I voted against these bills and why I will continue to fight against big-government assaults on your Second Amendment rights. To read more about why I opposed these misguided bills, click here.

These are just a few examples of the many ways I am leading the fight for the defense of your Second Amendment rights in Washington. Unfortunately, many Democrats continue to make it harder for law-abiding Americans to defend themselves. This is unacceptable. Please know I will always stand up for my constituents’ Constitutional rights - I am committed to preserving the rights of all law-abiding individuals to purchase, possess, and use firearms for legitimate purposes. If you would like to learn more and stay up-to-date on how I am continuing to advocate on your behalf, click here.

Sincerely,
Rob
View Quote

Blah blah blah pandering pandering pandering.  I never see him actually fighting for anything.  Just signing his name as "see look I did something by signing my name" while knowing it does absolutely nothing
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 7:36:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Blah blah blah pandering pandering pandering.  I never see him actually fighting for anything.  Just signing his name as "see look I did something by signing my name" while knowing it does absolutely nothing
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He voted for the military red flag bill/female draft.

The 135 Republicans Who Voted To Confiscate Guns From Our Veterans In Latest NDAA Bill
View Quote

Don't worry, he's a Republican therefore on our side
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top