Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2023 8:43:31 PM EDT
Would really appreciate some quick intel from someone familiar with the Wheeling/Triadelphia area.  I'm planning a trip and will be driving through that area on 70.  Thinking of stopping for one night at the Fairfield Inn in Triadelphia, on Cabela Drive.  It seems like a fairly normal/average/safe enough area, is that true or should I look for a different stop-over point?  Will have the wife and elderly father-in-law in tow.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a decent Hampton Inn up there too.
Newer, clean, rates aren't crazy.
Indeed that entire strip mall seems to be a clean, well lit, "safe" area.
Plenty of places to eat, Cabela's is always a cool destination to visit.

Steer clear of the exit just before Cabela Drive, Dallas Pike unless you're looking for some "adult" activities!

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 9:39:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, I really appreciate it!
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 9:42:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 6:13:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's a decent Hampton Inn up there too.
Newer, clean, rates aren't crazy.
Indeed that entire strip mall seems to be a clean, well lit, "safe" area.
Plenty of places to eat, Cabela's is always a cool destination to visit.

Steer clear of the exit just before Cabela Drive, Dallas Pike unless you're looking for some "adult" activities!

View Quote

The Hampton Inn is a good choice. The area is GTG.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Hampton Inn is a good choice. The area is GTG.
View Quote

I agree. Spent a week there last February working the ice storm that hit that area. Plenty of choices for eats and a walk through Cabela's for entertainment.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Be sure to stop and check out Cabela's while you're in town man, super good homemade fudge and the gun library is pretty nice. Large display of different Monster fish in the live-well tanks, as well as a Huge display of game award winning game animals. Plus Chick-fil-a and Five Guys in the same plaza.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top