Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2021 8:25:08 AM EDT
Are Rjk mag couplers GTG? I’ve read conflicting things for and against these. They connect two 10 round pmags by the baseplate.

ETA: GTG as in I wont go to jail for possession of two 10 round pmags connected by one of them
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Are Rjk mag couplers GTG? I’ve read conflicting things for and against these. They connect two 10 round pmags by the baseplate.

ETA: GTG as in I wont go to jail for possession of two 10 round pmags connected by one of them
View Quote

They work as intended, but the mags are not opposing each other, meaning it is an awkward hand move to flip the mags because the rounds are facing the same direction.

I bought 3 just to try them out, the couplers hold Pmags together pretty good, but not in the way I like them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:18:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They work as intended, but the mags are not opposing each other, meaning it is an awkward hand move to flip the mags because the rounds are facing the same direction.

I bought 3 just to try them out, the couplers hold Pmags together pretty good, but not in the way I like them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for your response. I’m not worried about their functionality but rather their legality. Can you comment on that?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:24:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Those are the ones that replace the baseplate right?

In my opinion that's a modification, not an accessory, and could create a problem if the wrong person wanted to fuck with you.

A coupler that doesn't require the mag to be modified would be much safer.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I honestly don't know the legality of this set up, but it does not increase the capacity, same if one were to tape 2 or 3 mags together for quicker reloading, however it's the wording in the statute below that is not specific.

According to our criminal code, specifically section N.J.S.A. 2C:39-1, a large capacity magazine is defined as a box, drum, tube or other container which is capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly into a semi-automatic firearm.   Thus, is it unlawful for any individual to possess a magazine that holds more than 10 bullets.  Any person who knowingly has in his or her possession a large capacity magazine is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree. N.J.S.A. 2C:39-3j.

There is nothing in there that states one cannot fix two mags together unless it's somewhere else in the laws,  but the part in red  begs the question from us, do two magazines fixed together count as one ?

There are so many gray areas in NJ laws, and most are not specific, perhaps someone with more knowledge of NJ firearms laws can chime in.

I can change mags quicker than the 2 mags held together by the base plates, I suppose it's the muscle memory for me.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:16:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I honestly don't know the legality of this set up, but it does not increase the capacity, same if one were to tape 2 or 3 mags together for quicker reloading, however it's the wording in the statute below that is not specific.

According to our criminal code, specifically section N.J.S.A. 2C:39-1, a large capacity magazine is defined as a box, drum, tube or other container which is capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly into a semi-automatic firearm.   Thus, is it unlawful for any individual to possess a magazine that holds more than 10 bullets.  Any person who knowingly has in his or her possession a large capacity magazine is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree. N.J.S.A. 2C:39-3j.

There is nothing in there that states one cannot fix two mags together unless it's somewhere else in the laws,  but the part in red  begs the question from us, do two magazines fixed together count as one ?

There are so many gray areas in NJ laws, and most are not specific, perhaps someone with more knowledge of NJ firearms laws can chime in.

I can change mags quicker than the 2 mags held together by the base plates, I suppose it's the muscle memory for me.
View Quote

"fed continuously and directly" is pretty clear that two mags connected together would be legal IMO. It would technically even be legal if someone invented a 20 round magazine where after you fired 10 rounds you had to press a switch or button to feed the other 10, since it's no longer "continuous". I'm surprised we haven't seem anything like that on the market.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:01:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

"fed continuously and directly" is pretty clear that two mags connected together would be legal IMO. It would technically even be legal if someone invented a 20 round magazine where after you fired 10 rounds you had to press a switch or button to feed the other 10, since it's no longer "continuous". I'm surprised we haven't seem anything like that on the market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope this helps the OP
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:09:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hope this helps the OP
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope this helps the OP

Not really

Sounds like “proceed at your own risk”
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I have 4 sets of them and used them without issue *not legal advise* I've also seen the cross version of the same idea at my local gun store/range.

Pros:
Much more compact to holds more rounds (10+10) in the same footprint as a single 10/30 magazine.
Better grip on the 10+10 when changing the mags vs standard 10 round magazine only

Cons:
Not as easy to do a mag change without lots of training time (especially if you have both 10+10 and 10/30 magazines)
a. I frequently drop the mag and forget to flip it over and
b. when I do remember, the mag change is awkward
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not really

Sounds like “proceed at your own risk”
View Quote

Yea, well anyone who owns a gun in NJ must do this.....
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 10:32:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Check out cross mags, 2 mags coupled together with multiple positions available. $40 for both mags so far have worked damn good for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top