Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/30/2020 10:11:42 PM EDT
Drove past downtown today and saw the haze and smoke from burning police cars:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:16:20 PM EDT
[#1]
That's about as close to downtown as I wanted to get but Snapchat is always good for looting and destruction video:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:19:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if anyone is defending their business?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:12:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Those restaurants downtown just reopened after the forced shut down and were already struggling, now this happens to them. How did we do so well with the Tamir Rice protests (which was a local event Involving CPD) and get caught by surprise here?  This spun out of a protest about an event with no connection to Cleveland.

As a long time Cleveland resident it angers me to see my city being destroyed. I'm just hoping that this doesn't spill out into the neighborhoods, mine is and has been quiet and I hope it will stay that way. I hope the police and NG get this under control quickly.

God bless all those out there dealing with this mess. I hope all of you are as safe as you can be tonight.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:12:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Double tap, sorry...
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:01:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I continue to point out to friends and neighbors that all of the "open up" protests taking place a few weeks ago resulted in no deaths, no burning cars, and no looting. Quite the difference.

I realize that there's a different "feeling" behind these protests, but people need to realize that we have a justice system to deal with these sorts of things, and that it just needs time to work. Forming mobs to violently protest is only counterproductive, as it places focus on rioting, looting and damage to innocent people and their businesses - and takes it away from the intended message. Perhaps more importantly, it causes the dialogue with society that the protestors wish to open to be ignored. Personally, I don't feel that there's "institutionalized racism" in our law enforcement community or really anywhere else... but these protests leave me disinterested in even listening to arguments alleging its existence.

Edited to add: This doesn't mean that I don't believe racism exists - we clearly see examples of it from all racial groups. I just don't believe that it exists as part and parcel of our society - it instead rests in individual decisions and acts, and those individuals should be held responsible when feelings turn into actions that violate the law. But it does not exist within society or our social framework as a whole.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:37:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 3:08:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I wonder if anyone is defending their business?
View Quote

The staff of Corbos Deli on Euclid Ave. met the rioters at the door with shotguns and after a brief confrontation the rioters moved on to greener pastures.

https://www.facebook.com/nbmthemag/videos/2780550022070860/
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 3:50:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Swat are at south park mall in Strongsville

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 3:57:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

last night South Park Mall had patrol cars at most of the mall parking lot entrances with lights on. Just sitting there.

Was wondering if there were threats against the mall or if it was a staging area.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Is that Lil John smashing that window in the first pic second post?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:17:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

last night South Park Mall had patrol cars at most of the mall parking lot entrances with lights on. Just sitting there.

Was wondering if there were threats against the mall or if it was a staging area.
View Quote
Heard there were threats against Strongsville. I guess since Cleveland is shut down all the pieces of shit are moving to the burbs.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:22:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The staff of Corbos Deli on Euclid Ave. met the rioters at the door with shotguns and after a brief confrontation the rioters moved on to greener pastures.

View Quote

"They got guns in there!"

Good job Corbo's
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

As we know, I'm not prone to conspiracy theories, but I would not be surprised to learn that there are outside agent provocateurs involved in the violence and damage in all of these large cities.  Many cities are reporting that those arrested are not from their areas. Antifa and their cohorts have been waiting for an excuse to cause mayhem and I don't doubt that there were plans in place to go into effect at the first opportunity.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those restaurants downtown just reopened after the forced shut down and were already struggling, now this happens to them. How did we do so well with the Tamir Rice protests (which was a local event Involving CPD) and get caught by surprise here?  This spun out of a protest about an event with no connection to Cleveland.

As a long time Cleveland resident it angers me to see my city being destroyed. I'm just hoping that this doesn't spill out into the neighborhoods, mine is and has been quiet and I hope it will stay that way. I hope the police and NG get this under control quickly.

God bless all those out there dealing with this mess. I hope all of you are as safe as you can be tonight.

As we know, I'm not prone to conspiracy theories, but I would not be surprised to learn that there are outside agent provocateurs involved in the violence and damage in all of these large cities.  Many cities are reporting that those arrested are not from their areas. Antifa and their cohorts have been waiting for an excuse to cause mayhem and I don't doubt that there were plans in place to go into effect at the first opportunity.
It sounds like Marco Rubio agrees with you. A friend shared this with me this morning.

https://mobile.twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1266903584614100992

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:28:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fingers crossed it stays calm in your area. No signs of anything in the eastern burbs yet. But I spent some time loading mags last night. A lot of mags.

Looks like the downtown Heinen's is now closed till further notice. The Heinen brothers, other downtown business owners, and residents ought to be on the phone to mumbles Jackson demanding he restore order
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty much all the malls are closed off in the near suburbs. I'm babysitting one right now.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:20:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I just went by Parmatown (now the Shoppes at Parma) looked like everything was open.  Did not see a any Police. At Ridge and Ridgewood there was a Asshole standing with a large sign '' No justice no Peace" Second line "Fuck the Police". He was an overweight White guy. He was alone. Tried to get a pic but was going to fast.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Fingers crossed it stays calm in your area. No signs of anything in the eastern burbs yet. But I spent some time loading mags last night. A lot of mags.

Looks like the downtown Heinen's is now closed till further notice. The Heinen brothers, other downtown business owners, and residents ought to be on the phone to mumbles Jackson demanding he restore order
View Quote

we went for a walk earlier today and all is still quiet here.

I heard that the downtown Heinen's got looted last night along with most of Euclid Ave down to Playhouse Square area. Hopefully they didn't do permanent damage to the historic building while they were stealing everything they could find.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:43:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Pretty much all the malls are closed off in the near suburbs. I'm babysitting one right now.
View Quote

Be safe
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 7:53:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Beachwood mall and legacy village were closed and all entrances blocked according to the instagrams.  Good way to preemptively prevent the fancy white people stores from getting looted.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Beachwood mall and legacy village were closed and all entrances blocked according to the instagrams.  Good way to preemptively prevent the fancy white people stores from getting looted.
View Quote

You don't think it was a good idea for them to shut down the stores and protect them after yesterday's lawlessness? Downtown is locked down pretty tight right now. I could see those with nefarious intentions targeting suburban shopping centers for mayhem today if they aren't seen to be protected.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
I saw a video posted where there was a large pile of bricks stacked on the corner of the street.  It was a nice clean part of town where no construction was currently in progress.....
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:16:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I saw a video posted where there was a large pile of bricks stacked on the corner of the street.  It was a nice clean part of town where no construction was currently in progress.....
View Quote
I heard  this same thing from a couple of folks in a neighborhood bar today...
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:29:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Heard there were threats against Strongsville. I guess since Cleveland is shut down all the pieces of shit are moving to the burbs.
View Quote

Beachwood and Strongsville malls had active chatter on Twitter and other social media.  Cleveland was lockdowned so they wanted to move further out.  I get to go back downtown today.  Getting in some good exercise wearing my swat vest for multiple days.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's a part of the city that is nice, clean and not under construction?!?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:01:23 AM EDT
[#26]
I heard OSP dispatch instruct all Troopers in Cleveland to not pursue anyone, but to only do their best to direct them out of town. Other than that, radio was mostly quiet.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:34:10 AM EDT
[#27]
I have to head out to Boston in the next couple of days.  Usually we go through Canada or by way of Cleveland.  Any indication that the highway is a target or getting shut down?

We did get caught in an urban yout dirt bike protest on 95 east of town a few years ago.  Not fun.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:40:22 AM EDT
[#28]
You mean other than people throwing bricks off the I-77 and SR8 overpasses onto traveling cars?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:08:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:27:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have to head out to Boston in the next couple of days.  Usually we go through Canada or by way of Cleveland.  Any indication that the highway is a target or getting shut down?

We did get caught in an urban yout dirt bike protest on 95 east of town a few years ago.  Not fun.
View Quote

90 through Cleveland is open but most of the exits into the downtown area are blocked with snow plows and police and National Guard are not allowed people to exit. This will apparently continue until tomorrow (June 2nd) at 8 pm when the curfew ends. Traffic was a mess this morning since city leaders didn't get the word out and lots of people tried to commute into work as normal. If your trip isn't happening for a couple days you should be good though, assuming of course this BS has ended by then.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

What route do you take through Cleveland? Could you take 480 to 271 and back north to 90 and avoid downtown?

As noted above, 90 is open but exits are blocked. I'd be worried about dipshit protestors trying to block 90, I think that's less likely farther from downtown.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:17:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mmmm Canadian beer
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

90 through Cleveland is open but most of the exits into the downtown area are blocked with snow plows and police and National Guard are not allowed people to exit. This will apparently continue until tomorrow (June 2nd) at 8 pm when the curfew ends. Traffic was a mess this morning since city leaders didn't get the word out and lots of people tried to commute into work as normal. If your trip isn't happening for a couple days you should be good though, assuming of course this BS has ended by then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We would hit Cleveland around 1pm.  We will probably go on Wednesday....hopefully it is over.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:44:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What route do you take through Cleveland? Could you take 480 to 271 and back north to 90 and avoid downtown?

As noted above, 90 is open but exits are blocked. I'd be worried about dipshit protestors trying to block 90, I think that's less likely farther from downtown.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We usually go into Ohio on 23 at Sylvania and then get on the Turnpike, stay on 90 to Boston.  I think we will look at taking 480 to 271.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Beachwood and Strongsville malls had active chatter on Twitter and other social media.  Cleveland was lockdowned so they wanted to move further out.  I get to go back downtown today.  Getting in some good exercise wearing my swat vest for multiple days.
View Quote

Looks like I picked a pretty good week to take my furlough, and get out of town.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:49:44 PM EDT
[#36]
So weird guarding almost empty downtown.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:21:32 PM EDT
[#37]

You could start recreating scenes from Captain America - The Winter Soldier
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:46:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:58:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:15:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You can handle the side jobs, us rednecks will handle the rioters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are some rumors that antifa is coming to Ashtabula on June 6th.

I find this inconvenient as I already have side jobs scheduled.

He does have modern weapons now....
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've been to Corbos Bakery in Little Italy many times, I like it so much I bought the t-shirt.  The front has their logo, this is on the back

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:24:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:47:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I sent a letter advising antifa that Sunday after 10am would be preferable. It is rude to plan mayhem and destruction without an appointment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sent a letter advising antifa that Sunday after 10am would be preferable. It is rude to plan mayhem and destruction without an appointment.

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:22:02 AM EDT
[#44]
FYI, I drove through downtown Warren yesterday, didn't look any worse than usual.  People standing around, walking and riding bikes just like any other day.  There was a 1200-1500 people march last night.  That was reportedly 100% peaceful too.  

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 10:29:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s funny right there!!
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 10:52:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
FYI, I drove through downtown Warren yesterday, didn't look any worse than usual.  People standing around, walking and riding bikes just like any other day.  There was a 1200-1500 people march last night.  That was reportedly 100% peaceful too.  

View Quote
It's good to hear that not every protest is devolving into a riot. It sounds like need more Warren and less Cleveland...
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:15:12 AM EDT
[#47]
So what's the verdict on handling if your car is surrounded or blocked in by protesters?

I remember back when Baltimore was rioting some protesters blocked the freeway and going car to car robbing them.

I know if you feel you are in mortal danger and you carry, you can defend your life with your pistol but it seems using your car would be better.

Additonally doesn't Castle laws cover cars?

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:24:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Castle law covers your vehicle as well. They open the door, you can open fire.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:59:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck that with this heat
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:10:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So what's the verdict on handling if your car is surrounded or blocked in by protesters?

I remember back when Baltimore was rioting some protesters blocked the freeway and going car to car robbing them.

I know if you feel you are in mortal danger and you carry, you can defend your life with your pistol but it seems using your car would be better.

Additonally doesn't Castle laws cover cars?

View Quote

Read this, the links inside, and the videos inside too:

https://www.activeresponsetraining.net/surviving-mob-attacks-on-your-vehicle
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top