Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2021 5:45:00 AM EDT
Since Rio Salado has done such a great job of getting the word out, and by that I mean they haven't done a single thing, I wanted to let you all know that the Swap Meet (originally scheduled for April 2020) has been re-scheduled for this upcoming Saturday, Oct 23 9a-4p.

I think this is only the second time they have done it, and they will have 110 tables with stuff for sale...it's basically a gun/tactical garage sale.  I've got two tables to fill up with random stuff taking up room in my gun room, and the first event had plenty of good deals to be had.  

It's in the big building that is just south of the main range...should be a good time (hopefully).  

Link Posted: 10/18/2021 10:02:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice, ty for the heads up!
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 10:49:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the tip.  I need to go through the garage and see what I don't want anymore and go to find new stuff I won't want in a year.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 1:15:24 PM EDT
[#3]
So hows it work ? Went to the Rio Salodo site , but no mention of swap meet . What's the deal , do you need to be a member ? Can you register in advance and what's it cost.  Got a bunch of weapons I don't need or shoot anymore . Looks like a good place to sell or buy some firearms.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So hows it work ? Went to the Rio Salodo site , but no mention of swap meet . What's the deal , do you need to be a member ? Can you register in advance and what's it cost.  Got a bunch of weapons I don't need or shoot anymore . Looks like a good place to sell or buy some firearms.
View Quote

Tables were all sold out last year...it was originally scheduled for April 2020.  It is free to attend, free parking.  It's basically a mini gun show...guns for sale, and everything gun related.  It's not a big show, so vendors like Miwall won't be there...all the tables were sold to range members, so think more like a gun-themed garage sale.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 8:27:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Well.....

Now I know what I'm doing this weekend.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I think this is at least the 3rd one of these, because I believe twice something has followed me home from one of these... I'll be there.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Might have to wander over

Maybe the range fudds dont want us non members to know?
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 7:34:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Might have to wander over

Maybe the range fudds dont want us non members to know?
View Quote

I don't think they want anyone to know....but the range management is incompetent, so I don't find it surprising they are failing at advertising this swap meet.

I asked about it at the main range last week, and the range officer had no idea it was happening.  I remember for the past shows, there were large signs on the bulletin board at the main range...nothing this time around.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 7:40:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File

Standard gun show rules. No loaded guns. All actions zip tied. No loose ammo.

If you were a member you would've received an email, multiple ones by now. Non-members can attend as far as I'm aware.

It isn't some top secret thing.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:25:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I am a member, never receive their emails.  I've tried to get on their list several times, no luck.  My email filters are not catching it...I just don't get them.  

They should at least have put up a sign on the bulletin board at the main range if they wanted to get the word out...maybe even a sign at the check in counter.  More buyers is better, not a bad thing.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:05:32 PM EDT
[#11]
So does this mean I can walk around with a rifle on my back and a price attached to it?  Are sales ONLY for those with a table?

I don't know what I might part with but probably got a few items I could live without.  So maybe I break even.  

Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So does this mean I can walk around with a rifle on my back and a price attached to it?  Are sales ONLY for those with a table?

I don't know what I might part with but probably got a few items I could live without.  So maybe I break even.  

View Quote

"Normal gun show rules apply"...what would you do at a normal gun show?  Plenty of people walking around with signs at the last swap meet....
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:34:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't think they want anyone to know....but the range management is incompetent, so I don't find it surprising they are failing at advertising this swap meet.

I asked about it at the main range last week, and the range officer had no idea it was happening.  I remember for the past shows, there were large signs on the bulletin board at the main range...nothing this time around.
View Quote

I’m going to go, would not be surprised that it doesn’t happen.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:12:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

"Normal gun show rules apply"...what would you do at a normal gun show?  Plenty of people walking around with signs at the last swap meet....
View Quote

Excellent.  Today - open safe and see what I can live without and create space for whatever I am about to see that I CAN'T live without.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I was not able to make it.

How was it?
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Me neither.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#17]
It was busy; lots of people there. Nothing I was interested in, though.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 6:44:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It was busy; lots of people there. Nothing I was interested in, though.
View Quote

Lots of Fudd?

Honey-Do kept me home today.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2021 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#19]
It was a good show.  Lots of people showed up, but it really slowed down around 1pm.  Most of the vendors were packing up around 2pm.  I hope they do events like this more often, like twice per year.

Phoenix Rod & Gun are having their swap meet Nov 13th.  It is a very small show, maybe 30 tables, they use the rimfire range to hold it on.  If you have to drive more than 30 minutes to get there, it's not worth it based on the last time they held the show a few months ago.

They would do much better if they turned it into a parking lot sale...let people buy a parking space and setup a table behind their car or use their truck bed as a table.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 12:33:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Lots of Fudd?

Honey-Do kept me home today.  

View Quote

Lots of a lotta things, but when I'm looking at this stuff, mostly I'm looking for old Mil-Surp, and nobody had anything there that was both up-my-alley and priced such that I was interested.

I've pulled some decent deals out of this show before, so I was hopeful, but I didn't even really talk to anyone about anything this time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top