Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2018 12:24:45 AM EDT
Here are the practical long-gun events we have scheduled this month at Rio Salado (Mesa, AZ):

Multigun (2-Gun/3-Gun) Match: Saturday December 8th @ 7:30am
There will be four run-n-gun courses of fire requiring rifle, pistol and/or shotgun, with targets anywhere from 1 yard to 550 yards. We offer 3-Gun (rifle/pistol/shotgun) and 2-Gun (rifle/pistol) divisions. Those in the 3-Gun divisions should bring 150 rounds of rifle ammo, 50 shotgun birdshot (#6 or smaller) plus some slugs, and 50 rounds of pistol ammo. Those in the 2-Gun divisions should bring 150 rounds of rifle ammo and 150 rounds of pistol ammo. Registration and squadding is open already at the PractiScore website (sorry, no walk-up entries on the day). After registering, the competitor will be able select from squads in one of two time slots: 7:30am-10:30am or 10:30am-1:30pm. New shooters should sign up for a 10:30am-1:30pm squad and come in time to attend the new shooter orientation at 10:00am before they shoot.

We are fortunate to have four very generous sponsors for our monthly match: VLTOR donates two of their excellent AR15 rifle stock kits. LUTH-AR send us one of their fine MBA-series rifle stocks. KE Arms provides two gift certificates. Timney provides a trigger of the winner's choice. All prizes are distributed by random draw from the list of competitor who finish the match. With typical attendance around 75-100 shooters, your odds of winning something nice are pretty good.

Tactical .22 Rifle Match: Tuesday December 11th @ 4pm
Registration opens at 4pm, with first shots shortly thereafter. Location is the Smallbore Range right behind the Activity Center. The rules are simple: Targets are reactive steel - shoot them per the stage briefing, fastest combined time (+penalties for misses) wins. Pretty much any .22 rimfire rifle is OK - the most popular guns are AR15-clones and Ruger10/22s. We have two divisions: iron sight and optical sight. Now that .22 ammo is more available, this is a match you won't want to miss.  Scoring is done on paper, so pre-registration is NOT required.

Red Mountain Action Rifle Match: Sunday December 16th @ 10am
This is a rifle-only match comprising four run-n-gun stages. All targets are at CQB distances, maximum 60 yards. The equipment divisions accommodate iron and optical sights, rimfire rifle, centerfire rifle and pistol caliber carbine. Bring 150 rounds of ammo. Pre-registration and squadding opens at 6pm on the preceding Monday on PractiScore.
CANCELLED DUE TO A USPSA EVENT

Tactical Shotgun and Pistol Caliber Carbine Match: Thursday December 20th @ 4pm
Registration opens at 4pm, with a new shooter orientation shortly thereafter. The match format is four practical scenario-based stages similar to what you would encounter at a 3-Gun match, except that you only need to bring one gun - you choose either shotgun or pistol caliber carbine. There will be separate divisions for shotgun (Open, Limited and Pump) and pistol caliber carbine (Optic and Iron). Any tactical shotgun will work well in this match, or you can shoot a pistol caliber carbine (minimum caliber = 9mm, maximum velocity = 1600fps). Scoring is done on paper, so pre-registration is NOT required.

Last Blast Matches: Saturday December 29th & Sunday December 30th @ 7am
Each year we run these matches to give everyone a chance to see the year out with a bang. Format is still TBD... for now just clear your calendar
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:10:03 PM EDT
[#1]
UPDATE: The "Last Blast" matches on the last weekend of the year will be as follows:

Saturday December 29th: 2-Gun (Rifle/Pistol) Match REGISTRATION LINK
Sunday December 30th: Pistol Caliber Carbine Match REGISTRATION LINK

Registration for both matches opens on PractiScore at 6pm on Monday December 17th.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 11:07:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome. I look forward to the 2 gun match.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 1:47:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Looking forward to catching these in the future.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 1:04:27 PM EDT
[#4]
REMINDER: Registration for the Last Blast matches opens tonight at 6pm. Set an alarm on your phone... these matches will fill up fast.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 7:55:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Just a week to go and both Last Blast matches are getting close to full... don't leave it too late if you want in.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:46:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Not sure I'll get a response in time, but worth a shot...the last blast 2 gun match tomorrow is run under the IMA-SMM3G rules correct? If so, for limited, is there a limit or rule against magazine limits or extensions on the rifle? I just looked through the rules and it mentions sights, bipods and comps/muzzle brakes and that's it. Not sure whether to take the lack of verbage as to mean anything goes? Or just standard capacity 30 round mags? Thanks if anyone is able to help.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:41:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure I'll get a response in time, but worth a shot...the last blast 2 gun match tomorrow is run under the IMA-SMM3G rules correct? If so, for limited, is there a limit or rule against magazine limits or extensions on the rifle? I just looked through the rules and it mentions sights, bipods and comps/muzzle brakes and that's it. Not sure whether to take the lack of verbage as to mean anything goes? Or just standard capacity 30 round mags? Thanks if anyone is able to help.
View Quote
There is no limit on rifle magazine capacity or design in Limited Division (and the same is true for Open and Tactical). Big box mags, extensions and/or drums are all allowed in Limited. In general, if the rules don't expressly prohibit it then it is allowed.

Pistol magazine length is limited to 140mm in Limited and Tactical (no limit in Open).
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 2:28:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Awesome! Thank you, exactly what I was looking for!
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 4:11:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Eh, took it to IM.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Eh, took it to IM.
View Quote
Tim: I saw your EM. It's been a long 3 days and I am too tired to give you the reply you deserve. I will respond in the morning.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 10:45:44 PM EDT
[#11]
For anyone wondering it was a great two days of shooting. They put on a heck of a match.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top