Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2020 3:27:25 PM EDT
Hi all,

Does anyone know the fate of rifle hunting in Loudoun county? I know it narrowly escaped the Democrat's attempts to end it last year, what about this year?

Thanks,
-Stooxie
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi all,

Does anyone know the fate of rifle hunting in Loudoun county? I know it narrowly escaped the Democrat's attempts to end it last year, what about this year?

Thanks,
-Stooxie
View Quote
It’s still good to go.  The new ordnance makes it prosecutable if projectiles “leave your property”.

There has already been one charge issued in LoCo because some  guy was shooting at clays snd some shot fell onto the roof of a neighbor’s barn.  Reading between the lines I think the two parties involved probably had ongoing problems, but the new ordnance clearly provided a way for one landowner yo go after a neighbor.

I rifle hunt in Loudoun and don’t anticipate the new ordnance changing anything for me, particularly because I’m a very low volume shooter on the property and I’m extremely careful with how my shots line up with backstops.  The latter is because due to my wife’s friends/connections I was given permission to hunt on a property that for a while has been “family only” (which we are not).  So I’ve always been careful with where I’m shouting, and staying far away from livestock or farm buildings.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 6:50:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Perfect, thank you for the reply, exactly what I was looking for.

-Stooxie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top