Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2021 8:41:42 PM EDT
The only place I have ever heard of in CT was king33, but it seems they are closed. I’m looking for a place that offers tactical courses in long guns where you move and shoot.

I’ve looked on google but I can’t make heads or tails of the results.

I’m willing to travel shortly out of state for the right place.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 8:49:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The only place I have ever heard of in CT was king33, but it seems they are closed. I’m looking for a place that offers tactical courses in long guns where you move and shoot.

I’ve looked on google but I can’t make heads or tails of the results.

I’m willing to travel shortly out of state for the right place.
View Quote

There are more than a few members here that will post upcoming classes for folks that are interested- just have to watch.
Metacon often has classes as well- hosted by private entities. Get on face book- a lot of stuff is posted there
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 9:52:18 PM EDT
[#2]
http://trainfreaky.com/
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 6:29:16 AM EDT
[#3]
All of the classes in that link are sold out.

Your best bet would probably be Sig. I have taken several classes there and have always had a good experience. I like doing two day classes and staying in Exeter overnight.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 9:37:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Your best bet would probably be Sig. I have taken several classes there and have always had a good experience. I like doing two day classes and staying in Exeter overnight.
View Quote

This.  Sig classes are excellent and worth the drive.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 10:25:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is the answer, most of the time.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Where would I find the number/website for the sig classes?
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 4:58:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#8]
My coworker went to a dog class I think
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Where would I find the number/website for the sig classes?
View Quote

Google
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 9:45:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This.  Sig classes are excellent and worth the drive.
View Quote

The idea of navigating through MA would make me feel like I need an attorney in the car with me.  

Won't they throw you in the clink for an empty .22lr casing?

Link Posted: 8/7/2021 6:52:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The idea of navigating through MA would make me feel like I need an attorney in the car with me.  

View Quote

I wouldn't  worry about going through MA. Theoretically,  FOPA protects traveller's, but I don't want to have to test that in court. So drive normally, don't do anything dumb, and don't stop in MA for any reason. Get gas before you cross the line, bathroom, etc. Of course you can't predict somebody else's actions so be careful. Have gone up to VT, NH & ME many times without incident.

I've taken a few classes with Onsight Firearms Training. Pretty decent and reasonable cost. They have a few classes coming up at Academi in Salem and also at Hartford Gun Club. oftllc.us
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 7:11:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Sig Academy

If you stay at one of their recommended hotels and tell them you’re taking a class you get a discount.  

If you want a good dinner, the Tuckaway Tavern is a nice spot.

Just use your head driving through MA, I put all my stuff in my truck tool box and lock it. Pretty unlikely they’re going to get a warrant to look in there.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 2:53:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I wouldn't  worry about going through MA. Theoretically,  FOPA protects traveller's, but I don't want to have to test that in court. So drive normally, don't do anything dumb, and don't stop in MA for any reason. Get gas before you cross the line, bathroom, etc. Of course you can't predict somebody else's actions so be careful. Have gone up to VT, NH & ME many times without incident.

I've taken a few classes with Onsight Firearms Training. Pretty decent and reasonable cost. They have a few classes coming up at Academi in Salem and also at Hartford Gun Club. oftllc.us
View Quote

I hear ya but I don't think FOPA covers ammunition and mags.

Link Posted: 8/7/2021 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#14]
It would take a galactic error, such as a kilo of coke on the passenger seat, for MASP to have probable cause to search your vehicle. If you ever get pulled over, stfu and take the ticket. I have been traveling to VT with guns and ammo for the past 20 years. I have received a few tickets for speeding, guns have never come up once.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 11:29:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Vermont isnt gun friendly anymore-they have their own aw van and magazine ban
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 8:43:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ll second taking a class with Ben from OFT.  

I’m actually having him come out to my club in RI for a private class.  Just 4 of us.  

For what he charges, it’s beyond worth it.  Ben is a good instructor without the range theatrics.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 1:05:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Ghost firearms, out in PA is well worth your drive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top