Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2021 12:45:46 PM EDT
Any suggestions on rifle builders here in Georgia?  I picked up a Defiance Deviant action and Bartlein barrel blank, just need it threaded and chambered.  Normally I would have used Accurate Ordnance, any other options?  Anyone familiar with Archer Custom Rifles or Nine Run Gun?
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 2:43:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#2]
American Precision Arms

55 Lyle Field Rd
Jefferson, GA  30549

(706) 367-8881
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 9:22:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Have you messaged @SuperJLarge yet?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any suggestions on rifle builders here in Georgia?  I picked up a Defiance Deviant action and Bartlein barrel blank, just need it threaded and chambered.  Normally I would have used Accurate Ordnance, any other options?  Anyone familiar with Archer Custom Rifles or Nine Run Gun?

Have you messaged @SuperJLarge yet?

Seconded
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Jason, of Accurate Ordnance, is still taking work and has the lathe in his garage. He also has access to the mill if he needs it. I can give you his email if you want it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Accurate Ordnance built my two customs. Jason has helped me since. When I need to rebarrel I will be calling him.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Appreciate what I’ll take as kind words gents!

There’s lots of good smiths out there. Most of the bigger more established shops are almost guaranteed to put out a great product, or assist if something is off. The downside is they usually have a 6-12month backlog.

Some of the smaller/one man shops can do exceptional work and offer great customer service, typically with faster turn times.

Jason does great work by all accounts. ACR looks to put out a nice product as well from what I can tell from his FB page. It does appear that he’s heavy into BR, so if that’s the route you go, be upfront about what your use would be. Some BR guys like to go with dead minimal headspace which isn’t ideal for a tactical/field gun where dirt/debri can impact functioning.

APA does great work as well, but they likely have a long lead time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top