Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2020 6:26:48 PM EDT
We've done this thread before. There was some interest. It didnt go anywhere. So, by God I'm gonna do it again.

In light of the recent happenings in this state and others, I think it would be beneficial for like-minded people to network. I've lived here 6 years and I haven't met anyone who's into guns and self sufficiency. I dont have a job, I farm, so I don't get out into the world enough to make contacts in that way. The Battle Buddies thing seems awesome, but as with most people, life got in the way and I missed the only one close to me. Not everyone wants to get out and walk a few miles, I get it, but we all (presumably) like to shoot, right?

So let's shoot. I know, ammo is in short supply, and it would be difficult or expensive to replace any of it. We can do 22lr. I don't care. Or we can just talk about shooting. Whatever. The main idea is networking.

Right now my wife is recovering from surgery. She cant do much for herself, let alone defend herself. That got me to thinking. We are truly alone. I don't want to be alone anymore.

So...who's nearby? I'm in Madison County near where Tates Cr and Jacks Cr intersect.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 7:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Lexington here. Where do you go shooting and what kind of shooting did you have in mind?
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 7:51:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lexington here. Where do you go shooting and what kind of shooting did you have in mind?
View Quote

I have a range...or two.

Right now I'm in the middle of building barricades and hanging steel. Shoot/move, no long range stuff until I can clear some more trees.

Link Posted: 6/11/2020 12:37:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Lex for now, but searching for land to buy in the next 8 months or so.

I'm in.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 1:50:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Tacoma... Hopefully back to Lexington by the fall
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 9:38:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Land of 1000 riots here
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 11:02:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Lexington but with a family farm near Richmond and a few acres in Greenup.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in southern Jessamine
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 11:01:55 AM EDT
[#8]
My GF just finished building her house earlier this year so I am in richmond all the time. At the least every other weekend.

looked at you on google maps OP and your 30 minutes or so away from her place. I dunno who it is but we typically go fishing every Saturday afternoon at the pond beside her land and there is always someone shooting within ear shot.
Thinking about building a shooting berm behind the house

Kinda funny since its basically right beside EKU land.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Range pic that doesn't show it all. I moved a lot of the targets to my handgun range over the winter.
Attachment Attached File

To the left and behind right there are barricades. Upper left corner 25 yds past the berm is ar500 steel plates. Berm isnt absolutely needed, the whole place is surrounded by hills that are mine. Its built with leftover dirt from the leveling process. 4wd access only, otherwise a short 2-3 minute walk from the parking area. Backs up to about 75 yds until i can clear more trees.

Good to see there's some interest. Right now I'm still taking care of my wife, but she should be back up and around in a week or two.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 8:37:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I’m south of you in London and an old fart ( 61 ) but I’d love to get together with like minded individuals.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 8:42:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I’m south of you in London and an old fart ( 61 ) but I’d love to get together with like minded individuals.
View Quote

I go to the flea market in London regularly. I also used to live in Whitley County (Rockholds)
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 8:45:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My GF just finished building her house earlier this year so I am in richmond all the time. At the least every other weekend.

looked at you on google maps OP and your 30 minutes or so away from her place. I dunno who it is but we typically go fishing every Saturday afternoon at the pond beside her land and there is always someone shooting within ear shot.
Thinking about building a shooting berm behind the house

Kinda funny since its basically right beside EKU land.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm at a wierd place in the county. I'm closer to Lexington and Nicholasville than Richmond (assuming the ferry is open)

People shoot all around me regularly. I just can't figure out who it is. My hippy neighbor shoots a revolver in his back yard occasionally, but he usually keeps to himself.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 12:23:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I lived on Jacks Creek near River Rd for about 11 years and moved over near exit 95 about 3 years ago.  I’d be interested in getting together to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like a good setup. Pick a date and as long as I'm available I'd like to join.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sounds like a good setup. Pick a date and as long as I'm available I'd like to join.
View Quote

Anyone has a day off, PM me. My schedule is flexible after this coming Friday. We can do all of us, or just one or two at a time. At least we're doing something. My goal is networking and getting together with others, no matter how few.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 9:40:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Anyone has a day off, PM me. My schedule is flexible after this coming Friday. We can do all of us, or just one or two at a time. At least we're doing something. My goal is networking and getting together with others, no matter how few.
View Quote

PM sent.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 9:47:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Bump.

So far, one member came out and banged some steel. Good time, hopefully we can do it again soon.

Anyone else? PM me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I was in richmond this past weekend at the GF's place.

didnt have much time for shooting or anything. Running fence and hot wire for the horses.

All the neighbors were shooting though, I was kinda jealous lol.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 4:49:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Bump because the world is still going to shit.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#20]
To the top...

Who shoots in the cold?
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 2:32:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
To the top...

Who shoots in the cold?
View Quote

I will.  I promised I'd reach out earlier this year but I failed to do so.  My wife and I have been hunting for a good spot to build on and that's eaten up a lot of our free time.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I will.  I promised I'd reach out earlier this year but I failed to do so.  My wife and I have been hunting for a good spot to build on and that's eaten up a lot of our free time.
View Quote

PM me. We'll hammer something down when you're ready.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 5:49:35 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm in Jessamine County, Nicholasville area. Send me a PM

I would like to find some places to night hunt coyotes with thermal/night vision.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:32:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm near EKU campus.  Would love to shoot anytime. Just PM me!
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:00:01 PM EDT
[#25]
What the odds of a Sunday shoot starting up? I work in Lex and drive down there on Sunday to get the shop ready for the week. I stay down at the shop during that time. I end up with ALOT of free time...
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 1:17:11 AM EDT
[#26]
i am in the million area of madison county.

I have been looking for people to shoot with, but have no personal transportation. I am able to get a ride, so getting there is not a big problem.

I really need to work on pistol and shotgun stuff. I have rifle shooting down pretty well (rifle merit badge), but reloads and the other advanced aspects of AR-15 competency.

i have some ammo, but definitely not enough to just shoot willy nilly.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 2:18:11 AM EDT
[#27]
I’m in for a weekend get together as well. Will PM for additional info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top