Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 4/20/2019 5:20:48 PM EDT
Well, the time has come to remove my conservative self outa Oreganastan. Been a cool 3 years driving log truck. Just seems I can not abide Commie Kate and the rest of the brownies. Its not what it was in '91-94......

I have been on 2 Mountain Man ATV runs and really liked the area. Like the gunshop/motorcycle store! Its not SLC, but close for needed stuff, if needed. Small enough to be slow and homey, IMHO...

Id be looking fora CDL job, not OTR, overnight OK, $50K plus would be fine. Heck a 9-5 hauling job. Dump, end or belly, roll-off
etc....

Id be looking for a small outa the way place, small shop/garage would be a SCORE!! Might have a small tow behind RV to stay in for a bit......

I'm not LDS, sooooooo, Id be a outsider X100. How is that going to play out??

If not Richfield, High Desert with trees would be good.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 12:07:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I grew up in Fillmore, which is right over the mountain range to the west. We played Richfield for most high school sports. It's a nice small town. It's at least a couple of hours to SLC, which could be good or bad depending on your perspective. I-80 brings a lot of traffic right in to town. There's a lot of trucking in the area, which sounds like it would help you out. While there are plenty of us Mormons in the area, there are plenty who aren't. And a conservative guy who likes ATVs and guns will get along just fine with the people there.

Compared to Oregon, you'll think you've died and gone to heaven (although a more brown and less green version of heaven).

I'm a refugee from living in Washington State for 5 years. A beautiful state, actively being ruined by liberals.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 4:18:02 PM EDT
[#2]
There's a lot of trucking around the area.  I presume it supports the mining operations.  A quick google search brought up a bunch of companies.  First one that came up, DP Curtis is hiring. .40 a mile on pay.  I have no idea what that equates to monthly/yearly.

Not a lot of trees in the area. You've got to get higher in elevation than where most of the housing is at.

I bought an ATV from the place you mentioned just a couple months ago.    My friend has property in a town close by and would like me to move to the area as well.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 1:07:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, my google fu must be in a slump. Not getting much, BUT I have time off and can google till my hearts content or.......
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 12:02:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Two best places I've seen for posted jobs are Utah Department of Workforce Services website and KSL classifieds. Obviously everyone doesn't post their jobs there but I've found they're pretty good general indicators of what to expect in regards to employment opportunities.

ETA: Coal mines in central eastern Utah have been running pretty good for a bit now. So far as I know Savage hauls most if not all of it around there, might be worth looking into. Think they have offices in Price and Wellington. Not sure about the pay but the cost of living out there is relatively low.

Being non-mormon generally isn't an issue, I wouldn't sweat it.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top