Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2021 12:09:36 PM EDT
Just wondering if anyone knows what's going on with Rhine Group in Ankeny.

I try to stop by every couple or few weeks to see what they've got and pick up small parts or magazines. I haven't been by in a few weeks and today it's dark, the open sign is off.

I've been concerned about our smaller local shops with the pandemic and political craziness.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Unfortunately they have gone out of business.  I hope they are able to come back at some point.  They were my go to place for blue label Glocks & transfers, due to location.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Specialty retail is a tough business.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:23:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Shit. I liked those guys.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:52:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats unfortunate
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes,they closed down and won't be opening back up.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:27:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Stopped in to pick some mags up about two months back. They informed me they would be closing shop. Was sad news to hear but wish them the best on their next adventure.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 6:10:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Many memories going there-   Miss the shop.  Great guys.  Thanks Jeremy & Tom. Best wishes to you both

Joe
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 5:18:56 PM EDT
[#8]
It appears that they lost a distributor about 18 months ago and their replacement wasn't giving them much service and not returning their calls.  It also sounds like Glock or their new distributor wasn't getting them any pistols, Blue label or otherwise.  It also sounded like someone wanted their retail space and was willing to pick up their contract so they thought now is the time and they closed.  

It's too bad on several levels but I can't help but think the democrats who pushed this Covid shutdown (in the best interests of America ya know) didn't have some of this in mind or they flat didn't care.  They will send you $1400 and maybe you will be thankful for their generosity.  Of course our kids, grand kids and now great grand kids are footing the bill.  

kwg
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I loved going in there. They rocked, that sucks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 11:28:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Bummer. I liked that place.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 7:11:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I just found this today, sorry for bringing up an old topic but weren't these the people that had the 762sass dot com website?  I had been trying to remember who I bought my last AR-10 BCGs from and stumbled across this.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 1:16:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just found this today, sorry for bringing up an old topic but weren't these the people that had the 762sass dot com website?  I had been trying to remember who I bought my last AR-10 BCGs from and stumbled across this.
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 2:50:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I used drive there from Ames to pick up my orders all the time. Loved the place. Sad they are closed.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top