Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2021 6:59:01 PM EDT
We’re staying at Pompano Beach for several days. Doing an Everglades tour tomorrow near Miami. Looking for restaurant recommendations for both areas. Doesn’t have to be fancy, but it could be. Family of 5. Just looking for good local recommendations. Would prefer something real as opposed to Chili’s, if you know what I mean. Would love to find a good Cuban place. I’m a pretty good Yelper, but figured I’d ask in case someone has a favorite.

Also, going fishing tomorrow and would love to know of a place that will cook our catch for us. We’re only going to keep what we’ll eat.

Thanks—visit Fort Collins and I’ll return the favor!
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 11:03:51 PM EDT
[#1]
If the Everglades tour is off Tamiami Trail/US41, there are several really good local Cuban restaurants on the way back. Islas Canarias is really good classic Cuban food and not too far off the route. Finka is owned by the same family and is a bit more upscale with some modernized dishes and younger crowd. Mojitos is right on Tamiami Trail/US41/SW 8th Street and has live music depending on the day. La Carreta is also a pretty good neighborhood chain. Versailles is where all the tourists go. Not bad, but not where the locals go unless taking someone from out of town.

No idea where you can have your catch cooked in Pompano, but head a bit south to Lauderdale-by-the-Sea. Several great restaurants/bars in that town. Enjoy your trip.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 11:21:50 PM EDT
[#2]
fish shack will cook it. they moved not been to the new location.  

it has an expanded menu.  but man it was good.   salad not so much. fish amazing.  
fish shack

Aruba, commercial blvd and the beach is good.  

Never been to Joes Stone Crab in Miami but its always recommended.

Moms Diner is pretty good mainly breakfast and lunch.  not sure of their schedule. its off Floranada, and just off Federal.

Chucks Steakhouse is decent on commercial.

Peter Pan and Downtown pizza open late, Think Lesters is too.   Big menu's some is really good and some so so.   Downtown is takeout mainly with a tiny counter for eat in.  they deliver to some areas.

Caps place is supposed to be pretty good to.

There is a little Italian place in Pompano, the chef/owner came from Italy and its pretty damn good.
Ate there about two months ago.    Lasagna was great, meatballs were not huge but they were so tender.  Good cannoli.    
Rocca Trattoria Italian Restaurant
menu

Big Bear Brewery in Coral Springs is really good.  Beer cheese soup and pretzel crusted Chicken.  Nice atmosphere  

Cheddars is a chain, but its good,  there queso dip is good, and they give you a ton of huge chicken fingers.

Not sure of a good cuban place, but you will see them.

There is a little place that sells good empanada's on prospect and powerline I think on the backside of the executive airport.  in a tiny plaza with a 7-11.

Laspada's if you want a great hoagie.  they have a couple locations.

Good little Greek place at the Promenade in coconut creek.  you can sit outside and a few places will run food, especially at house of beer.  The japanese place has ostrich as well if they still in business.

Also Bass Pro shops , In Dania has a good seafood restaurant in it.

Pretty good Japanese/Chinese buffet off federal too, they have lots of items, and also a grill station.  Miyako Japanese Buffet

Millers Alehouse always good, has multiple locations.

Crossaint Time on federal and sunrise has great pastries.

@dogcaller
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 4:56:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, kilo & somedude—exactly what I was looking for!
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#4]
you're welcome, hope you had a good time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top