Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2021 6:32:06 PM EDT
Moving to FL from TX later this year. How safe is it to get a few hours sleep in the car at rest stops on I-10? Planning on making it to the FL panhandle, before some shut eye. Also, transporting dogs and cats, so trying to make the 1400 mile drive as quickly/safely as possible.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Should be good... many if not all have security.

While parking up front near the bathrooms means higher traffic, it also stands to reason with folks coming and going it would be safer vs. in the back of the lot.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 8:25:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never had an issue. Make sure they have security and make sure it's one of the larger/newer ones that are well lit.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 12:36:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Pilot Truck/Flying J stop chain has an app that uses your GPS to show upcoming stops along with fuel prices.
They have parking for rests and are quite safe. Food and clean restrooms.
My only gripe is the loud music.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 12:55:47 PM EDT
[#4]
For the most part, about every 40-45 miles along I-10.  A few are older and one is actually off the highway.  But many option for modern & well lit rest stops with security.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top