Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2020 7:50:30 PM EDT
I’m looking at Tacomas and would prefer to go with a Certified Pre Owned from a Toyota dealership.

So far I’m looking in the Birmingham area, East towards the GA state line and Northeast toward Scottsboro. I’ll be willing to go to Tuscaloosa, Montgomery, or Huntsville for a good dealership.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Look into carmax.com, they give you the car fax while window shopping online, they ship cars around for a reasonable fee, car buying ez. My experience was great, my parents in another state were happy using Carmax as well.  Fyi
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had zero problems dealing with Hoover Toyota.  2 purchases, one new, one used, lots of service work (which simply costs more from a dealer), warranty work handled promptly...I am sure like every dealer there are people with horror stories, I am just not one of them.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 7:10:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I’m wondering if it’s worth it to go with a 2018 that’s not certified pre-owned versus a 2017 that is certified pre-owned.

Both are the same trim package, one has 33k and one has 36k miles, same wheels, tires, bed, just one is a year newer without the Toyota Certified Pre-Owned warranty.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 11:53:26 AM EDT
[#4]
We drove from Huntsville and bought our last Toyota from Tuscaloosa Toyota and had zero problems. I've also heard good things about Hoover and  High Country Toyota in Scottsboro
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have had zero problems dealing with Hoover Toyota.  2 purchases, one new, one used, lots of service work (which simply costs more from a dealer), warranty work handled promptly...I am sure like every dealer there are people with horror stories, I am just not one of them.
View Quote
Same. No issues with them on a couple purchases and various service.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Tuscaloosa Toyota has been good to deal with for me. Scott Peeples has sold me a truck and 4runner. Bryan Christian handled the last sale. Tuscaloosa Toyota would be the first place I would check if I needed another Toyota.  I'll also add I got real outdone with two Toyota dealers in Birmingham.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 1:13:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Have you considered Carvana? I've had several friends and family purchase through Carvana and all were happy with the experience. They have a fairly large inventory of Tacomas, low mileage and delivered to you. I've been contemplating making my next truck purchase through them..
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 8:43:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Have you considered Carvana? I've had several friends and family purchase through Carvana and all were happy with the experience. They have a fairly large inventory of Tacomas, low mileage and delivered to you. I've been contemplating making my next truck purchase through them..
View Quote

They have some nice looking Tacomas.

With my luck in vehicles, I feel better with a Toyota Certified Pre-Owned because those have a 7yr/100,000 mile warranty attached to them.

Maybe I’m just being too cautious because the extended warranty I bought with my Sierra saved my ass when the 2nd transmission failed.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#9]
We bought my wife's Highlander new from Bill Penny in Huntsville. They gave us the best trade deal on our Mazda MX5. Would buy from them again.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 2:37:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I've bought 2 Tacomas from Team One in Rainbow City.  Ask for Larry, my family has bought 6 Toyotas from him over the last 20 years.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've bought 2 Tacomas from Team One in Rainbow City.  Ask for Larry, my family has bought 6 Toyotas from him over the last 20 years.
View Quote

Sup
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 9:04:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sup
View Quote

Sup Coach!  
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 12:43:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Bought a new tacoma in 2018  from Sand Mountain Toyota. So far have been excellent folks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top