Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2022 1:15:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 11:04:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Bernskoetter and Veit were both big gas tax supporters if that matters to you.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 12:48:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:47:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 8:07:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In case anyone would care, here's what I did.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51036/Aug_2_Ballot-2466987.jpg
View Quote

On the Senate race, I can't help but think the 2nd and 3rd from the bottom guys had their full names listed for the sole purpose of that getting them a few undecided votes.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:26:06 AM EDT
[#6]
That is a long ass list for senate choices...
I've only heard of the Vicky and the two Erics....
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol. Pretty much the same except for Billy Long.
Hes the current Representative from my district.
Known him since I was probably a kid going to his auctions.
Schmitt still gets my vote
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 3:52:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've only heard of the Vicky and the two Eric's....
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:47:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Surely you recognize Mark McCloskey's name. He's the sue-gunmakers lawyer who stood on his porch and waved a gun at mostly peaceful protestors walking down the street.

Dave Schatz is the President Pro Tem of the Missouri state Senate.

I think just about everybody else is a vanity candidate.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Surely you recognize Mark McCloskey's name. He's the sue-gunmakers lawyer who stood on his porch and waved a gun at mostly peaceful protestors walking down the street.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Well the 2 you listed are both pretenders... one folded instead of standing up for his rights (it's not like he doesn't have the $$ to fight). If he won't fight for his own rights he sure as hell won't vote for yours.

The other is a much more insidious a creature...

https://newpatriotsblog.com/dave-schatz-missouri-senate-president-is-holding-the-2nd-amendment-hostage-unless-his-gas-tax-passes

I have a feeling you're going to see a whole lot of democrats pulling republican ballots to vote for Greitens since they know they can Aitkin him after the primary.

Sadly Eric Schmitt is the best I see there, sadly because it means he won't be AG, and Parson picks the replacement and I'd trust him as far as I could throw him.

ETA
Okay I just noticed that was your post Bladeswitcher and I wasn't tying to be argumentative.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

ETA
Okay I just noticed that was your post Bladeswitcher and I wasn't tying to be argumentative.
View Quote

I ain’t mad. And, FWIW, I wasn’t endorsing anyone. I was merely suggesting that Smullen was probably familiar with more than just three candidates.

Personally, i’m not invested in any of the likely candidates.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 10:33:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I like your choices OP. I’m all in for Schmitt and Blaine needs to go!

Tables Have Turned In MO Senate Race After Schmitt Takes Lead
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:12:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:24:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thanks. Here's more info on who I hope will replace Blaine.

https://www.brandon4missouri.com/
View Quote

I like Dustin Hill also. It’s between these two.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 6:15:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

It looks like we got rid of him already... so anyone tell me about Sam Graves?
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:07:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

What's your beef with Blaine Luetkemeyer?
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:52:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What's your beef with Blaine Luetkemeyer?
View Quote

Apart from him having never responded to emails? Ever...
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:07:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I admit I haven't paid much attention to Blaine or what he's doing, but based on my limited contact, I have a good impression. Two things come to mind:

1.) When the Obama administration launched "Operation Chokepoint" and pressured banks to sever ties with "undesirable businesses," including pawn shops and gun dealers, it was Blaine Luetkemeyer who led the charge against this.
2.) The year Mrs. Bladeswitcher and I participated in a legislative fly-in lobby day sponsored by the National Pawnbroker's Association, one of the association's top priorities was a bill sponsored by Rep. Luetkemeyer. He was proposing some sort of small-dollar online banking/loan scheme that the pawnbrokers saw as a threat. The association made an appointment for my wife and I, and one of the association's lobbyists, to meet with Luetkemeyer in his D.C. office. We had a really good meeting. He and his chief of staff gave us about 45 minutes and we had a spirited conversation about his bill. He actually seemed to listen to what we had to say and consider it. During an earlier stage in my professional career I was an editor for an association magazine. I've been "in the room" to take photos during a fair number of lobbyist meetings with legislators, both on the state and national level. I've seen lawmakers blow people off and I've seen them take people seriously. This one meeting with Blaine Luetkemeyer for the pawnbrokers was a good meeting. He was genuine and sincere. I've respected him for that ever since.

So, when I ask what the beef is, I'm being serious. I don't have a problem with the guy, but I'm open to hearing why you guys don't like him.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 10:00:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
snip

So, when I ask what the beef is, I'm being serious. I don't have a problem with the guy, but I'm open to hearing why you guys don't like him.
View Quote

Me as well.  I don't know him personally, but our home towns aren't far apart and we have a lot of mutual acquaintances.  I don't recall ever hearing much negative about him.  I recognize that everyone loves to love their hometown boy, so maybe I've been hearing biased opinions for the last decade or so that he's been in politics.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 10:24:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Me as well.  I don't know him personally, but our home towns aren't far apart and we have a lot of mutual acquaintances.  I don't recall ever hearing much negative about him.  I recognize that everyone loves to love their hometown boy, so maybe I've been hearing biased opinions for the last decade or so that he's been in politics.
View Quote

He’s a straight-laced banker, and not a MAGA nation bomb thrower. I get that some folks these days will accept nothing less. But, beyond throwing out all “RINOs” I don’t understand why he offends people so much.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

To be honest, I don't even remember what it was, but it was during the last run and something gave me that RINO feel. I just mentally dismissed him, and voted for Brandon.
View Quote

If by “RINO” you mean a traditional chamber of commerce, don’t rock the boat Republican, yep, that’s him.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Blaine Luetkemeyer has responded to my emails quite often. I do get a better response if I email him from my own email address versus using some website form.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Patrick Lewis is my neighbor and there is no way I would ever vote for him. I quizzed him on several issues and was not impressed. He stated that he was a republican but yet is a very strong union man. Those two normally don't go together. Plus there is enough frame and also some investigations going on involving his immediate family that the opposition would have a field day eating him alive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top