Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2020 5:58:37 PM EDT
I'm assuming not...but figured I'd ask. I mean, renting a house makes that house my temporary home no?

Or can I only bring a gun if I was moving to NJ permanently?

But who is to say I'm not planning on staying / renting long term?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Will you be residing there?  If so, then it is your residence, and in which case, 2C:39-6e applies:
Nothing in subsections b., c. and d. of N.J.S.2C:39-5 shall be construed to prevent a person keeping or carrying about his place of business, residence, premises or other land owned or possessed by him, any firearm, or from carrying the same, in the manner specified in subsection g. of this section, from any place of purchase to his residence or place of business, between his dwelling and his place of business, between one place of business or residence and another when moving, or between his dwelling or place of business and place where such firearms are repaired, for the purpose of repair.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/8/2020 8:11:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will you be residing there?  If so, then it is your residence, and in which case, 2C:39-6e applies:

View Quote

What's the definition of reside? Like get mail there? No.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 11:36:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Just bring it and don't advertise. Who will ever know????
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 10:39:50 PM EDT
[#4]
If your name is on the rental agreement you are GTG. You can also legally keep a firearm in a hotel in NJ.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 9:56:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Just bring a Pump shotgun and be happy
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just bring a Pump shotgun and be happy
View Quote

Why would a shotgun be any different than a handgun in this instance?  Possession of either relies on either first obtaining an FID or a P2C (respectively), or the 2C:39-6e exemption of possession within your "place of residence", or "other land owned or possessed by him".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top