Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2021 5:30:55 PM EDT
Just got word that we are moving to Texas.

Lots to do and stressed already lol.

Biggest hurdle is finding a rental that will accept 3 dogs and an extremely fat cat while we transition into a new house.
U
Any leads, ideas or thoughts?

We will be in the area Monday to start looking for areas to reside and stay for the week.

Then return home and start packing.

No kids.

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Dt
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:52:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Dog Breed and a certain weight will prevent you from renting a big sector of the rental market.  Its just not worth their liability when someone without that liability can be rented to, and I dont blame them.

You may want to rent sight unseen before you arrive so you dont get here and find out theres nothing ACTUALLY available to move-into.

Every apartment building and even zillow and realtor.com site has listings for rentals that you can browse on your own.  Theres really not much we can do on a forum.  Its about you and your credit history and dogs that will dictate where you go.  I dont see why most any apartment building wouldnt rent via online portal.

If you are going to be here anyway, sign a lease on the first place you come to that has availability and accepts the dog liability. Do a 6 month, and you can bail out even if it costs more.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#3]
PM sent.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dog Breed and a certain weight will prevent you from renting a big sector of the rental market.  Its just not worth their liability when someone without that liability can be rented to, and I dont blame them.

You may want to rent sight unseen before you arrive so you dont get here and find out theres nothing ACTUALLY available to move-into.

Every apartment building and even zillow and realtor.com site has listings for rentals that you can browse on your own.  Theres really not much we can do on a forum.  Its about you and your credit history and dogs that will dictate where you go.  I dont see why most any apartment building wouldnt rent via online portal.

If you are going to be here anyway, sign a lease on the first place you come to that has availability and accepts the dog liability. Do a 6 month, and you can bail out even if it costs more.
View Quote

This unfortunately might be the best advice. Unless someone on here can hook you up.

I moved to the same area about a year ago. Me and the wife have a large dog, and had a hell of a time finding a place without breed/weight restrictions. Only reason we got a place was because he is a service animal.

Plus the northern SA / New Braunfels area is exploding with people moving in.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:26:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably get more help if you had a zip code and budget.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:46:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Appreciate the help thus far. Hopefully making a bit of headway and not 100% certain on the length needed. Relived to get some help from a member and  rentals are definitely available for all our animals.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 11:17:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Out in th country between north SA and NB you will find a place cool with your dogs. Int he city for either it will be tougher. That area is HOT so plan to pay a premium, even more so for a short term or MTM lease.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top