Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2021 5:27:55 PM EDT
Just got an interesting message followed by a call followed by a google search

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/2021/11/12/sparks-police-lookout-homicide-person-interest/8588145002/

Back in my Reno days, I knew Mike through business stuff.

Figure quite a few of the Northern Nevada guys have met him over the years.

Fairly certain that facility is cursed, the previous owner went away for selling machine guns to undercover CA cops, died in prison.

Link Posted: 11/14/2021 9:23:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Can’t read without a subscription.
Quote the article.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, still had limited article available to look at it myself. Here ya go.

Sparks Police searching for 'person of interest' in Wednesday homicide

Sparks police are searching for a man for questioning in a homicide that happened just before midnight Wednesday in the 600 block of Prater Way.
View Quote
View Quote
The male victim's name has not been released.
View Quote
View Quote
Authorities are trying to locate Ramon Michael Clare, 53. Clare is known to drive a lifted blue 2015 Toyota Tundra pickup with Nevada plate SBGW2, a gray 2009 Chevy Corvette with Nevada plate SBGW and a 2021 Harley Davidson motorcycle with Nevada plate 910126, according to police.
View Quote
View Quote
Clare is often seen driving off-road in the hills around Sparks and Reno, according to officials.
View Quote
View Quote
Authorities warn people not approach Clare if they see him or one of his vehicles, but immediately call Sparks police at 775-353-2231.
View Quote
View Quote
SPD says more details will be released as the case permits.
View Quote
View Quote
Police are asking that anyone who witnessed the incident or has information to contact Sparks police or Secret Witness at 775-322-4900.
View Quote

Arfcom quote thingie works goofy, sorry for the weird display.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 2:56:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just got an interesting message followed by a call followed by a google search

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/2021/11/12/sparks-police-lookout-homicide-person-interest/8588145002/

Back in my Reno days, I knew Mike through business stuff.

Figure quite a few of the Northern Nevada guys have met him over the years.

Fairly certain that facility is cursed, the previous owner went away for selling machine guns to undercover CA cops, died in prison.

View Quote

You seem to hang around some questionable characters....myself and Bob included.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 3:11:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Deep down, everyone is a questionable character.

Or they're boring.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 11:39:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I've found most gun shop owners to be particularly sketchy.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've found most gun shop owners to be particularly sketchy.
View Quote
Getting sketchier by the day.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Geez - I have known Mike as a casual "acquaintance" for over 10 years.  Mainly just catch up when we see each other at gun shows or if I had a reason to stop in at one of his places over the years.  Really surprised to see this.

He has always been a "character" but more of the goofball type than anything.  

Here are some non-subscription news links I found:

https://www.kolotv.com/2021/11/11/sparks-police-investigating-suspicious-death-wednesday-night/

https://www.ktvn.com/story/45175192/sparks-police-investigate-suspicious-death-on-prater-way
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#8]
It's been a wild couple years...

That's pretty much how I knew Mike as well, and through selling steel through and to SBGW. Haven't heard from him since I moved my operation to AZ as I recall.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#9]
https://mynews4.com/news/local/body-of-sparks-murder-suspect-found-in-drainage-ditch-off-los-altos-parkway
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 9:07:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn. Called it, but damn.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 8:25:52 PM EDT
[#11]
FAFO. Absolutely shocking the man was found dead in a ditch and not turned into local authorities.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I found this thread because I was looking for info on this story. The new owners seem to be good dudes. They told me a wild story about the last owner that I wanted to get confirmed before repeating, you know?

As reported in the media, Mike Clare was sought for the murder of Isacc Reshatoff last year. Clare was found dead early this year. The guys at the range had lots of details.

Anything else reported?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top