Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2021 9:01:20 AM EDT
Hackers took down Georgia's emissions testing systems.   So for right now, emissions tests are not required to renew your tags.  

If you have to renew you tag in the next couple of months, do it right now to save the $25 emission testing fee.  

You can pay even before you receive a renewal notice at: https://eservices.drives.ga.gov/_/#1

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 11:50:52 AM EDT
[#1]
My sis did ours yesterday.  We didn't have emissions testing and all that in OK (they did away with it in the late 80's/early 90's IIRC)  so I was surprised it was a thing here still.  Come to find out it's a thing in most states.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 11:54:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My sis did ours yesterday.  We didn't have emissions testing and all that in OK (they did away with it in the late 80's/early 90's IIRC)  so I was surprised it was a thing here still.  Come to find out it's a thing in most states.  
View Quote

Only required in 13 of Georgia's 159 counties.  Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Paulding and Rockdale County.

Thank goodness we don't have to fool with it.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:53:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't think any do it below McDonough
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only required in 13 of Georgia's 159 counties.  Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Paulding and Rockdale County.

Thank goodness we don't have to fool with it.  

I don't think any do it below McDonough

As long as it's Henry County so Locust Grove and the big town of Jenkinsburg as well.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 4:57:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Anybody having trouble with renewing? The info fields won’t bring up the keyboard on my iPad. Checked other parts of the website and the text fields are working correctly.
Nevermind...looks like they fixed the hack on the 8th.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 5:04:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anybody having trouble with renewing? The info fields won’t bring up the keyboard on my iPad. Checked other parts of the website and the text fields are working correctly.
Nevermind...looks like they fixed the hack on the 8th.
View Quote

Lol, mine are due to be renewed in a couple weeks, went ahead and did it on the 7th without emissions. It’s more about saving me the hassle of having to do it than it is the $13 I saved.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#7]
FTR - Still worked for both my vehicles registered in Cobb....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top