Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2021 7:57:18 AM EDT
According to this article Remington to start making guns again after the company and the union came to agreement.

https://www.fieldandstream.com/guns/remington-making-guns-again/
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 8:33:17 AM EDT
[#1]
The NY Hometown forum has eyes on the Ilion, NY factory

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Remington-UPDATE-Some-started-work-today/9-653556/

Good news.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 11:20:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Now is the time to leave NY ....who owns them now?
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:35:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I really hope they up their finish standards (rust prevention) and come out strong with the .mil bolt guns.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:57:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now is the time to leave NY ....who owns them now?
View Quote

It depends on what firearm it is. The company was split up. For instance, the shotguns were bought by H&R i believe. Ammo was bought by Federal, Rifles are now made by Ruger I think.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:10:44 AM EDT
[#5]
According to this article the Remington branded firearms will be owned and produced by Roundhill group.

Marlin went to Ruger.

The other asset purchases involve: Roundhill Group LLC buying the non-Marlin firearms business for $13 million; Sierra Bullets LLC paying $30.5 million for its Barnes ammunition business; JJE Capital Holdings LLC for the DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC and Parker brands; Franklin Armory Holdings LLC for the Bushmaster brand and related assets; and Sportsman's Warehouse Inc. for the Tapco brands.
Roundhill would acquire a gun factory in Ilion, N.Y., a handful barrel factory in Lenoir City, Tenn., and other assets.

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:11:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Double Tap
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 10:00:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Double Tap
View Quote

I'd sure like to see them return to what they once were.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
According to this article the Remington branded firearms will be owned and produced by Roundhill group.

Marlin went to Ruger.

The other asset purchases involve: Roundhill Group LLC buying the non-Marlin firearms business for $13 million; Sierra Bullets LLC paying $30.5 million for its Barnes ammunition business; JJE Capital Holdings LLC for the DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC and Parker brands; Franklin Armory Holdings LLC for the Bushmaster brand and related assets; and Sportsman's Warehouse Inc. for the Tapco brands.
Roundhill would acquire a gun factory in Ilion, N.Y., a handful barrel factory in Lenoir City, Tenn., and other assets.

View Quote

That's what i said........

Thanks for the clarification!
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'd sure like to see them return to what they once were.
View Quote
Yeah, me too but I'm having a tough time remaining hopeful.
Quoted:

That's what i said........

Thanks for the clarification!
View Quote
Hahaha, I shouldn't post so early in the AM. I had heard that H&R was owned by Marlin but when Remington split up and sold, H&R went to the company that bought Bushmaster and DPMS.  That company allegedly was affiliated with Palmetto State Armory.  I was trying to sort it out so I turned to an Internet search.  I didn't see that so I posted what I saw and didn't explain myself.  Sorry if I came off wrong.  

I can't say I'm any less confused.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:23:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 7:24:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll believe it when I see it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top