Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2020 5:10:45 PM EDT
As all of the suburbanites start to freak out and hit up their gun buddies for weapons, it’s time to remind them that elections have consequences, and it’s ILLEGAL for you to sell or loan them a gun unless they complete a 4473 at an FFL and receive an approved background check.

Don’t get in trouble! Feel free to gloat!
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Which are currently taking a few days or up to a week to come back
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:36:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Which are currently taking a few days or up to a week to come back
View Quote

Good.

Although a temp hold equals mandatory sale after 72 hours right?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Fuck Stevie Boi (the Cyst) Sisolak.

He's irrelevant at this point. He is the weakest sauce of all Fat, Liberal, Smelly, Sweaty, Mouth Breathing, Weak Sauce.

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 3:05:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

He's irrelevant at this point. He is the weakest sauce of all Fat, Liberal, Smelly, Sweaty, Mouth Breathing, Weak Sauce.

View Quote

He was whining about Trump's speech (about the riots and ineffective blue state govts. in stopping them) today in a press release.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:07:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He was whining about Trump's speech (about the riots and ineffective blue state govts. in stopping them) today in a press release.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's such a faggot.

Trump has done more every day on four hours of sleep than that mouthbreather has done his whole term.

Had that prick reopened Nevada (especially the Strip and Downtown) these protestors would not be Fucking with our city and small business owners would not have lost everything.

Being a Liberal is retarded but being a retarded Liberal is psychosis, and that's where the danger lies.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:49:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Good.

Although a temp hold equals mandatory sale after 72 hours right?
View Quote

its not a temp hold its taking a long time for the NICS check to come back at all. The gun stores i talked to are on hold for 4-6 hours and have every phone line on hold waiting for a chance to submit the information.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

its not a temp hold its taking a long time for the NICS check to come back at all. The gun stores i talked to are on hold for 4-6 hours and have every phone line on hold waiting for a chance to submit the information.
View Quote
And once they connect with someone they are allowed a max of 20 checks per call is what I was told.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 11:01:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And once they connect with someone they are allowed a max of 20 checks per call is what I was told.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All correct.
After 72 hours, the store is free to release the firearm, but is not required to, and any FFL who values his/her license would not do so.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 12:43:08 AM EDT
[#9]
What a crock of shit.

Voting has consequences.

Funny how this video is unlisted.

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#10]
We are on hold right now. Have been since 0800. Have 15 backgrounds from yesterday waiting to be called in. One of the employees brought her daughter in today just to hit redial and hope we get through. We have not and will not do any FTF transfers. It is totally not worth it to partake in that BULLSHIT.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 1:29:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

All correct.
After 72 hours, the store is free to release the firearm, but is not required to, and any FFL who values his/her license would not do so.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All correct.

For clarification:

There is no "72 Hour" rule - an official NICS Delay response allows three business days (the day the response is received does not count as one BTW) before it is within the FFL’s discretion whether or not to transfer the firearm.  The details regarding this are easily found on the FBI NICS/Brady site  https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/nics/about-nics

If potentially prohibitive criteria exists and more information is required in order to make the determination, the NICS examiner will advise the FFL to DELAY the firearm transaction and the FFL will receive the following instructions:

“. . .NTN ___ will be delayed while the NICS continues its research. If you do not receive a final response from us, the Brady Law does not prohibit the transfer of the firearm on day/date.”

The NICS examiner will provide the FFL with the date of the third business day after the firearm check was initiated. Business days do not include the day the check was initiated, Saturdays, Sundays, and any day state offices in the state of purchase are closed. If the FFL has not received from the NICS a final determination after three business days have elapsed since the delay response, it is within the FFL’s discretion whether or not to transfer the firearm (if state law permits the transfer). If the FFL transfers the firearm, the FFL must mark “No resolution was provided within three business days” on line 21d of the ATF Form 4473. It is recommended the FFL record the date provided in the delay response on which the firearm may be lawfully transferred under federal law if a final determination of proceed or denied is not received from the NICS.

When a transaction is DELAYED, the NICS examiner begins extensive research on the potential prohibitor. Upon completion of the research when a definitive status is determined, the FFL is contacted and given a PROCEED or DENY decision on the firearm transaction.

In states that agree to serve as POCs for the NICS, the functions performed by the NICS Section are performed by a local or state law enforcement agency which services the FFLs. The FFLs call these local or state agencies, which perform the check, make the decision whether the check indicates an individual is disqualified or not from possessing a firearm, and notify the FFL of the results of the check.

We have had a lot of transfer customers confused by this question and I have been asked about this non-existent "72 Hour" rule a few times.  Here is how I can best explain it:

Currently, when we have a (non-exempt) customer come in to complete a transfer after their firearm has arrived, I explain that if we are able to get through to the background line (which is unlikely), the hold time can be 4-6 hours.  

Normally, we opt for the fax option that the state has now provided.  It has been my experience lately that faxed 4473 forms result in a call back in 3-5 business days later with the NICS results after the forms have finally been processed.  IF the NICS result was a Delay (and only then), the three business day rules would go into effect as quoted above.  Otherwise, as soon as a Proceed result comes back, the customer can come back and pick up their stuff after signing/dating fields 22 & 23 on their original 4473.

All of this is ridiculous and I believe the state allowing this slowdown of background processing for so long is a clear violation of NRS 414.155.  As I understand it, the background line and most other state offices share the same phone trunk as the unemployment phone numbers that are still jammed up as well.  Weeks and now months have gone by and the state has done nothing to fix their antiquated and insufficient phone system.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 4:29:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

For clarification:

There is no "72 Hour" rule - an official NICS Delay response allows three business days (the day the response is received does not count as one BTW) before it is within the FFL’s discretion whether or not to transfer the firearm.  The details regarding this are easily found on the FBI NICS/Brady site  https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/nics/about-nics

We have had a lot of transfer customers confused by this question and I have been asked about this non-existent "72 Hour" rule a few times.  Here is how I can best explain it:

Currently, when we have a (non-exempt) customer come in to complete a transfer after their firearm has arrived, I explain that if we are able to get through to the background line (which is unlikely), the hold time can be 4-6 hours.  

Normally, we opt for the fax option that the state has now provided.  It has been my experience lately that faxed 4473 forms result in a call back in 3-5 business days later with the NICS results after the forms have finally been processed.  IF the NICS result was a Delay (and only then), the three business day rules would go into effect as quoted above.  Otherwise, as soon as a Proceed result comes back, the customer can come back and pick up their stuff after signing/dating fields 22 & 23 on their original 4473.

All of this is ridiculous and I believe the state allowing this slowdown of background processing for so long is a clear violation of NRS 414.155.  As I understand it, the background line and most other state offices share the same phone trunk as the unemployment phone numbers that are still jammed up as well.  Weeks and now months have gone by and the state has done nothing to fix their antiquated and insufficient phone system.  
View Quote

Thank you for looking up the facts.

Quite frankly I'm too fucking lazy to keep doing the same thing, clarifying the bullshit laws the state has put into place and then, as you pointed out, not providing the resources needed to deliver on their own mandates.

Don't worry though, soon enough the legislature will meet and discuss the 2021 budget crisis, e.g. find ways to raise taxes or, barring that, impose new "fees" for everything under the sun.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 5:15:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

All correct.
View Quote

I am curious as to why you think releasing a gun would put your license at risk? I’ve seen no evidence of that.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I am curious as to why you think releasing a gun would put your license at risk? I’ve seen no evidence of that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All correct.

Agreed.  

Plus with NV as a POC state, NV Brady actually has a policy to call the FFL back after three business days and "officially" tells you their status on the NICS Delay is "Unresolved".  Pretty cut and dry for the FFL at that point.

Here is the explanation from the NV Brady FAQ:

https://rccd.nv.gov/FeesForms/Point_of_Contact_Firearms_Program/Point_of_Contact_Firearms_Program-FAQs/

5. What does Unresolved mean?

The Point of Contact Firearms Program is unable to reach a Deny or Proceed status, further research will be conducted for up to 90 days. An Unresolved/Open response does not prohibit an FFL from transferring a firearm after three business days have elapsed since the FFL initiated the background check with the Point of Contact Firearms Program. Release of a firearm for a person in an Unresolved status is at the discretion of the FFL.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#15]
At one of the stores I worked at we released after the three days. Couple times NICS would call and ask if the gun had been released we say yes and they say ok and hang up.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 10:52:21 PM EDT
[#16]
What Sissylick doesn't know won't hurt him.

Before you proceed to the check, ask the FTF purchaser if they believe in common sense gun control.

If the answer is yes, tell them, "no sale," and move on.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 12:24:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Is it true that one can get a blank, predated notarized bill of sale for 20 bucks?  

Link Posted: 7/2/2020 11:51:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Don't worry though, soon enough the legislature will meet and discuss the 2021 budget crisis, e.g. find ways to raise taxes or, barring that, impose new "fees" for everything under the sun.
View Quote

‘Member when the background check was implemented with a $15 fee and it was sold as a “temporary” fee until it paid off whatever equipment was needed to handle the Brady check?  Of course now it’s $25 with decreased capacity. All the while we could be using the federal system at no cost. With expanded hours of operation.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 1:35:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

‘Member when the background check was implemented with a $15 fee and it was sold as a “temporary” fee until it paid off whatever equipment was needed to handle the Brady check?  Of course now it’s $25 with decreased capacity. All the while we could be using the federal system at no cost. With expanded hours of operation.
View Quote

It blew my mind when I moved down here and my friends tried to explain the NV system to me. The fed system is mo betta for sure.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 3:51:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Wait. Since when? So FTF sales require background check at a. Ffl??
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Wait. Since when? So FTF sales require background check at a. Ffl??
View Quote

Bill got passed 2019 maybe 18 and went into effect at the start of the year.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 4:28:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Of course. Like all the taxes that were due to be "sunsetted" but somehow get extended for 10 years a year at a time and when we forget they're supposed to go away, they make them permanent.

Such a f'ing joke that we don't use the FREE federal system. Death by a thousand cuts in this state.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 7:57:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Pretty sure I read that every Sheriff except Clark and Washoe counties said they would not enforce this requirement...so you could drive out towards Pahrump and when you pass the county line, do your thing.  LOL
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 9:30:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 9:43:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

All 17 Sheriffs including Lombardo put out public statements saying they wont enforce it.
View Quote

Yes they did.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 5:46:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Of course. Like all the taxes that were due to be "sunsetted" but somehow get extended for 10 years a year at a time and when we forget they're supposed to go away, they make them permanent.

Such a f'ing joke that we don't use the FREE federal system. Death by a thousand cuts in this state.
View Quote

The original wording of the bill stated the feds would do the background check and the FBI said not. We won’t.’ State AG said he can’t make them and the bill sat ‘unenforcable’ until the newest congress changed the words to say it would use NICS.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The original wording of the bill stated the feds would do the background check and the FBI said not. We won’t.’ State AG said he can’t make them and the bill sat ‘unenforcable’ until the newest congress changed the words to say it would use NICS.
View Quote

The entire state system should be replaced by the free federal system. The feds declined to perform private party background checks for NV because NV has their own state system for regular purchases. The history of the state system is yet another case where government promises some fee or tax will go away in the future but instead it just keeps getting more expensive for the end user.

There are plenty of states that use the free federal nics system without screwing their constituents. Nevada thinks they can do it better so here we are at the mercy of the ruling class again.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 12:18:02 AM EDT
[#28]
They do it for the extra level of control. The money is just a bonus to them.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 2:59:58 PM EDT
[#29]
If Sisolak wants to save money and eliminate state jobs it would make perfect sense for him to propose getting rid of the State Point Of Sale system and have us go direct to the FBI. He could look good by getting rid of a whole department and save a whole bunch of money. A point that should be brought up at the special session. At least it would eliminate the crazy waiting times we are experiencing now dealing with Carson City.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top